SLOW COOKER SPLIT PEA SOUP
- Mix all ingredients except ham in 5 qt slow cooker, then add ham.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs or on high heat 6 to 7 hours until peas are tender Remove ham from cooker; place on cutting board.
- Pull meat from bones, using 2 forks; discard bones and skin.
- Stir ham into soup.
- Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 329.8, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 15.5, Sugar 6.4, Protein 14.4
CROCK POT SPLIT PEA AND LENTIL SOUP
For a truly vegetarian soup, substitute vegetable bouillon for the chicken soup base. This recipe almost overflowed my 4-quart crockpot, you might want to halve the ingredients. I cooked it on high for the entire 8 hours because it was so full, but if you halve it, cooking it on low for the same amount of time will work fine.
Provided by Ravedeb
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Dump it all in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 8 hours or until beans are soft.
- If you like it creamy, puree some or all of it with an immersion (hand held stick) blender.
- If you don't have Italian seasoning, any combination of oregano, basil, sage, rosemary, thyme and marjoram will work.
- Serve with crispy French or Italian bread.
CROCK POT SPLIT PEA SOUP (LOWER-FAT)
I have left the chili flakes as optional you may omit of adjust to suit heat level, also all chicken broth or all water may be used, also the milk is optional and to be added in at the end of cooking --- using fat-free milk makes this soup extremely low-fat.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pick out and discard any discolored split peas then rinse thoroughly in a colander under cold water then spread into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer the next 10 ingredients over the peas as stated starting with the ham and lastly the boiling water (do not add in the cream and DO NOT STIR!).
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for about 4-5 hours or until veggies are tender.
- OPTIONAL at the end of cooking stir in hot milk then discard the bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.7, Fat 2.3, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 1.9, Sodium 546.7, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 19.9, Sugar 8, Protein 22.6
CROCKPOT SPLIT PEA, LENTIL, AND BARLEY SOUP AKA WEIGHT WATCHERS
I made split pea and barley soup and was left with only a little bit of each left. I made Lentil soup, and was left with only a little bit of the bag left. I really, really wanted split pea soup tonight, so I decided to put a little bit of each in and see how it goes. I also added some turkey pepperoni instead of ham (so feel free to use whatever smoky meat you want) because...I didn't have any ham! The outcome was something unexpectedly delicious, and I think I'll be making this quite a bit in the future! By the way, each portion of this is 6 very filling Weight Watchers points (recalculating for the new system) without the turkey pepperoni. With the turkey pepperoni, it's 7.
Provided by TracyFL
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a slow cooker, layer every ingredient except the broth in order listed (do not stir). Boil broth, then add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. 3Discard bay leaves before serving.
SPLIT PEA SOUP (CROCKPOT)
- In a large pot combine split peas with 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside for 1 hour. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat heat the oil and then add the vegetables (onions - carrots), cooking for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add garlic, oregano and pepper and cook for another minute, stirring. Transfer to crockpot.
- Stir in reserved split peas and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours) or until peas are tender. Add salt if needed.
- Puree with and immersion blender if desired.
- To make the optional persillade: in a small bowl combine persillade ingredients (or use a mini chopper). Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To serve ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with the persillade.
More about "crockpot split pea lentil and barley soup aka weight watchers food"
10 BEST LENTIL SPLIT PEA BARLEY SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER LENTIL SOUP | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT …
10 BEST WEIGHT WATCHERS CROCK POT SOUP RECIPES
SPLIT PEA SOUP | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
SLOW COOKER SPLIT PEA AND LENTIL SOUP - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
CROCKPOT SPLIT PEA LENTIL AND BARLEY SOUP AKA WEIGHT …
37 HEALTHY LOW-CALORIE SOUP RECIPES FOR FALL - INSANELY GOOD
SLOW COOKER SPLIT PEA AND BARLEY SOUP - TASTY KITCHEN
LENTIL SPLIT PEA SOUP CROCKPOT RECIPE VEGAN HCLF - FOOD NEWS
LENTILS AND SPLIT PEAS RECIPES - SUPERCOOK
CROCKPOT SPLIT PEA LENTIL AND BARLEY SOUP AKA WEIGHT WATCHERS …
SPLIT PEA AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SPLIT PEA, LENTIL AND BARLEY SOUP - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook split peas and barley soup?DIRECTIONS Place broth, split peas, onion, carrot, celery and garlic into a 3-quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour. Mix soup, a small amount at a time, in a food processor or blender. Return pureed soup to pot and add barley.
How to cook peas and carrots in a crock pot?Add onion, celery, carrots and bacon; sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat. Add peas and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 50 to 60 minutes.
How long do you boil split peas for Soup?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Place broth, split peas, onion, carrot, celery and garlic into a 3-quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour. Mix soup, a small amount at a time, in a food processor or blender.
How to cook a Ham in a crock pot with peas?DIRECTIONS Mix all ingredients except ham in 5 qt slow cooker, then add ham. Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs or on high heat 6 to 7 hours until peas are tender Remove ham from cooker; place on cutting board. Pull meat from bones, using 2 forks; discard bones and skin. Stir ham into soup. Stir well before serving.