CUBE STEAKS DIJON
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks in single layer and cook until browned, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to work surface; cut each steak in half.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sage; sauté until soft, about 30 seconds. Add vermouth; boil until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds. Stir in cream and mustard. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Divide steaks among plates, spoon sauce over, and serve.
A perfect quick meal for a rushed day. Your family will think you've been in the kitchen for hours! Dijon adds a delightful flavor to this favorite dish.
Provided by Ambassadress of Goo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown steaks quickly on both sides.
- Remove, set aside.
- Reduce heat; add gravy, half-and-half and mustard to skillet.
- Heat, stirring, till bubbly.
- Return steaks to pan with gravy.
- Turn heat down; cover and let simmer about 30 minutes, or until done.
- (add water if necessary) Sprinkle fresh parsley over steaks just before eating.
People also searched
More about "cube steaks dijon food"
CUBE STEAK MARINADE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STEAK DIJON MUSTARD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MUSHROOM CUBED STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WHAT IS CUBE STEAK? -- CUBE STEAK RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
21 HEART HEALTHY CUBE STEAK RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
STEAK DIJON RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SEARED SIRLOIN STEAKS WITH DIJON CORNICHONS PAN SAUCE
CUBE STEAK DIANE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
STEAK DIJON RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CUBE STEAKS DIJON | CABIN SENSE
CUBE STEAKS DIJON RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT.COM
CUBE STEAKS DIJON - BIGOVEN.COM
CUBE STEAK WITH DIJON MUSTARD AND SHERRY CREAM SAUCE
CUBE STEAK DIJON - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is cube steak the same as minute steak?But the two are not to be confused. Cube steak, sometimes labeled as cubed steak or minute steak, is an inexpensive, flavorful cut of beef that’s pre-tenderized. It’s taken from the top or bottom round — a tough portion near the rump of the cow.
What part of the cow is cube steak from?It’s taken from the top or bottom round — a tough portion near the rump of the cow. Round steak is commonly purchased for stewing. You can use cube steak exactly as you would use round steak or stew beef, slowly simmering it to tenderness in flavorful soups, stews and slow-cooked meals.
What to serve with cube steak?Saucy accoutrements like gravy, mushrooms and caramelized onions are classically paired with cube steak to complement its firm texture.
Can you cook cube steak in soup?You can use cube steak exactly as you would use round steak or stew beef, slowly simmering it to tenderness in flavorful soups, stews and slow-cooked meals. But because cube steak has been tenderized and flattened, it’s also commonly pan-fried on the stove.