LEMON-DILL SAUCE FOR FISH
This is a nice change from tartar sauce, it's great to serve along side of fish, plan ahead this needs to chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. One teaspoon or a small clove of fresh garlic is all that is needed or it will overpower the sauce, the flavours of this sauce will increase with chilling time, please adjust the dill to suit taste. Cooking time is chilling time.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 1 1/4 cups (approx)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a glass bowl whisk all ingredients together until well blended, adjusting all amounts to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
FRESH DILL SAUCE
- Place the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, cream cheese, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Puree for a few seconds, until well mixed. Add the cucumber and puree for another few seconds, until combined. Pour into a container and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to develop.
DILL SAUCE FOR FISH
This sauce is fantastic on grilled salmon, or any fish for that matter. My friend even likes it on chicken! The ingredients sound a little unconventional -- but BOY does it all work together. Husband found recipe in a hunting magazine. Keeps a long time in fridge.
Provided by Aileen E
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Chill for at LEAST 4 hours to combine flavors.
FRIED FISH WITH DILL TARTAR SAUCE
- For the dill tartar sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, pickles, capers, lemon juice, dill and sugar in a bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- For the fried fish: Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet (I use cast iron) on medium heat until the oil reaches about 375 degrees F.
- Clean the fish with cold water and dry just a tad; the fish should be a little wet to help the cornmeal mixture stick to it. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the fish. Add the cornmeal and flour to a paper bag. Sprinkle in the Cajun seasoning. Add the fish to the flour mixture and coat each piece evenly. Transfer the breaded fish to a plate or cutting board.
- Lay the fish into the oil in batches and fry until they start to float and are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Rest them on a rack to let the extra oil run off. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top. Serve with the tartar sauce.
- Whisk together sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and dill until well blended. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.7 g, Cholesterol 12.6 mg, Fat 6 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 156.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Mix mayonnaise with sour cream. Add green onion, parsley, dill and salt and pepper.
SALMON WITH CREAMY DILL SAUCE
There's nothing like fresh salmon, and my mom bakes it just right so it nearly melts in your mouth. The sour cream dill sauce is subtly seasoned with horseradish so that it doesn't overpower the delicate salmon flavor. -Susan Emery, Everett, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,, Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork., Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418 calories, Fat 33g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 100mg cholesterol, Sodium 643mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
LEMON DILL SAUCE FOR FISH
- Mix and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 966.3, Fat 80.3, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 61.1, Sodium 7684.1, Carbohydrate 65.3, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 16.2, Protein 5
CREAMY DILL SAUCE (FOR SMOKED OR POACHED FISH)
I really like this sauce served with all kinds of smoked fish (salmon and trout immediately come to mind) - it really complements the richness of the fish, without masking the wonderful smoky flavour.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine well; if using the sugar, stir a bit longer to ensure it dissolves.
- Put into a pretty crock, top with a dill sprig, and serve alongside your favourite smoked or cold, poached fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468, Fat 46.6, SaturatedFat 26.6, Cholesterol 119.6, Sodium 525.7, Carbohydrate 9.4, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 8.7, Protein 6.2
MY SECRET DILL SAUCE FOR FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Combine mayonnaise with dill pickle and green onions.
- Stir in dill weed, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours for flavors to blend.
- Preparation time does not include chill time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566, Fat 47.2, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 36.6, Sodium 1571.8, Carbohydrate 37.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 11.3, Protein 1.9
People also searched
More about "dill sauce for fish food"
DILL SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 5 minsCategory SaucesCalories 924 per serving
CRISPY FISH WITH LEMON-DILL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COD WITH DILL SAUCE | RECIPE | LIFESOURCE NATURAL FOODS
DILL SAUCE – EATFOODLICIOUS
CRISPY FISH & SEAFOOD WITH ORANGE DILL SAUCE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
FISH FILLETS IN CREAMY DILL SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CREAMY DILL SAUCE FOR SALMON OR TROUT | RECIPETIN EATS
DILL SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
DILL SAUCE FOR FISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE - PINTEREST
WHITE FISH WITH DILL SAUCE AND SAFFRON RICE — THE RANCH TABLE
DILL RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #sauces #condiments-etc #seafood #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #fish #dietary #inexpensive #savory-sauces #brunch #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook dill sauce on fish?Instructions Mix the Dill Sauce ingredients together (Mix well to loosen the sour cream). Adjust consistency with milk and tartness with lemon juice. Pat fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Place fish in skillet skin side down. Remove from skillet onto serving plates.
What do you put in a dill sauce?Dill Sauce. 3/4 cup sour cream (1) 2 tsp Dijon or hot English mustard (2) 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove , minced. 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill , finely chopped. 1 tsp lemon zest. 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice. 2 tbsp milk (or olive oil, for richness)
What is the best way to cook fish in sauce?Remove fillets to a warm platter or individual serving plates. ( See TIP ) Add wine, zest and lemon juice to skillet, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add cream and dill and boil until sauce begins to thicken, 1 - 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon sauce over fish. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.
What is the best way to make Dill tartar sauce?For the dill tartar sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, pickles, capers, lemon juice, dill and sugar in a bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking. For the fried fish: Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet (I use cast iron) on medium heat until the oil reaches about 375 degrees F.