ELEGANT SOUTHERN JAM CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1 cup of water, oil and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pans.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and egg whites. Cook over low heat, beating continuously with electric hand mixer at high speed, until soft peaks form. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, split each layer in half horizontally to form 4 layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup of the preserves. Top with second cake layer and spread with 1/3 cup preserves, do third layer the same way. Top with fourth layer (DO NOT spread preserves on top of fourth layer).
- Frost sides and top with frosting. Swirl small dollops of preserves in frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.4 calories, Carbohydrate 77.4 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 448.4 mg, Sugar 56.4 g
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and sea salt together in a bowl to distribute well.
- Stir jam and buttermilk together in another bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a separate bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour mixture in 2 parts, alternating with buttermilk and jam mixture in 2 parts. Divide batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are slightly firm and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool the cakes in their pans for 30 minutes; remove and let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring cream to a simmer over medium-low heat. Place chocolate chips in a bowl; pour hot cream on top. Let sit, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in concentric circles until ganache is smooth. Let cool.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate ganache on cooled cake layers; assemble and frost the top and sides. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671.3 calories, Carbohydrate 89.5 g, Cholesterol 129.6 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 21.6 g, Sodium 265.4 mg, Sugar 52.7 g
AUNT MURNA'S JAM CAKE
I remember Aunt Murna telling me that she created her jam cake recipe as a young girl. She made improvements over the years, such as soaking the raisins in crushed pineapple. This cake is a favorite at our annual family reunions. -Mrs. Eddie Robinson, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Soak raisins in pineapple and juice several hours or overnight. , In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add jam and buttermilk; beat until well blended. Sift together dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat on low just until combined. Stir in the raisins, pineapple and pecans. , Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. , For icing, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cool just until warm; beat in enough confectioners' sugar for icing to reach spreading consistency. Add more sugar for thicker icing or more milk to thin it. Frost cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694 calories, Fat 30g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 116mg cholesterol, Sodium 353mg sodium, Carbohydrate 105g carbohydrate (83g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "elegant southern jam cake food"
SOUTHERN JAM CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (26)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or flour 2 (9 inch) round baking pans. Put all ingredients into a large bowl except pecans and mix well on low. Increase speed to high until sugar is completely dissolved. Fold in pecans and pour into pans. Bake 40 minutes or until cake pulls away from side of pans. Remove cake from pans and add caramel icing.
- Melt all ingredients except confectioners sugar on top of stove. Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir or cool until it has a glazed look and is of spreading consistency. Spread on cake.
47 LUSCIOUS LAYER CAKES PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION
- Strawberry-Lemonade Cake. Recipe: Strawberry-Lemonade Cake. Layers of moist Lemon Cake, Strawberry-Lemonade Jam, and Strawberry Buttercream make this three-layer cake a must for strawberry lovers.
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. Recipe: Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. Our Southern secret to a moist chocolate cake? Duke's Mayonnaise.
- White Chocolate Poinsettia Cake. Recipe: White Chocolate Poinsettia Cake. Petal-shaped cookies are the perfect polishing touch for this elegant layered cake.
- Mama's German Chocolate Cake. Recipe: Mama's German Chocolate Cake. Layers of fluffy, moist German chocolate cake and creamy Coconut-Pecan Frosting make this towering, triple-decker dessert an instant favorite.
- The Coconut Chiffon Cake. Recipe: The Coconut Chiffon Cake. White as a Sunday glove, coconut is the doyenne of Southern layer cakes, a masterpiece of home cookery that has crowned dining room sideboards for more than a hundred years.
- Sea Salt-Caramel Cake. Recipe: Sea Salt-Caramel Cake. Rich caramel frosting topped with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt makes for a fancy finish.
- The Red Velvet Cake. Recipe: The Red Velvet Cake. In 1989, an armadillo-shaped groom's cake in Steel Magnolias kicked off a cult following for red velvet.
- Pumpkin Layer Cake with Caramel-Cream Cheese Frosting. Recipe: Pumpkin Layer Cake with Caramel-Cream Cheese Frosting. A must-try for pumpkin spice fans, these cake layers can be made up to three days before your event.
- Triple-Layer Chocolate-Caramel Cake. Recipe: Triple-Layer Chocolate-Caramel Cake. This creamy chocolate and caramel frosting is even better with a a splish of bourbon, but it can be left out without causing any problems.
- Best Homemade White Cake. Recipe: Best Homemade White Cake. Whether you're a white cake pro or layering for this first time, this is the perfect cake to serve friends and family.
JAM CAKE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BEST TENNESSEE JAM CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
23 CLASSIC CAKES EVERYONE SHOULD BAKE BEFORE THEY DIE
36 BOX CAKE MIX RECIPES THAT TASTE HOMEMADE - SOUTHERN LIVING
SIXCOOK - ELEGANT SOUTHERN JAM CAKE RECIPE
ELEGANT SOUTHERN JAM CAKE | RECIPESTY
WHY OLD-FASHIONED KENTUCKY JAM CAKE TASTES LIKE HOME …
SOUTHERN JAM CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
48 VINTAGE CAKES FROM THE SOUTH THAT DESERVE A …
ELEGANT SOUTHERN JAM CAKE - CAKECENTRAL.COM
THE JAM CAKE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE RECIPE
FRINKFOOD - ELEGANT SOUTHERN JAM CAKE
You'll also love