ORECCHIETTE WITH ASPARAGUS AND PEAS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and let it sizzle a minute. Add the asparagus and toss to coat in the oil. Cook and toss until the asparagus just begins to soften, about 5 minutes (add a splash of pasta water if the garlic is in danger of burning). Cover with a lid.
- Uncover the asparagus, and at the same time add the orecchiette to the pasta water. Add the peas to the asparagus and season with the salt. Toss to combine and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallions, stir, and add 1 1/2 cups of pasta water. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the pasta is al dente, remove with a spider directly to the sauce. Add the parsley, drizzle with some olive oil, and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce, adding a little pasta water if it seems dry. Remove the skillet from the heat, sprinkle with the grated cheese, toss, garnish with pea tendrils and serve.
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the prosciutto in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it renders some fat and begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until the garlic just begins to soften, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the wine. Return to the heat and cook until the wine evaporates slightly, about 2 more minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream and nutmeg and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, adding the asparagus during the last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and asparagus.
- Add the cheese to the cream sauce and stir to combine. Add the pasta and asparagus and toss to coat, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese.
PASTA, PANCETTA AND PEAS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, saute pancetta in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. In the same pan, saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add peas and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta. Moisten pasta with some of the reserved pasta water. Toss to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve, sprinkled with lemon juice.
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA
This recipe was in the May 2010 "Fast Easy Fresh" section of Bon Appetit magazine. great combination of flavors
Provided by Epi Curious
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 teaspoon drippings from skillet. Add asparagus to drippings in skillet; saute' 3 minutes. Add peas, white and pale green parts of green onions, and garlic; saute' until vegetables are just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid, dark green parts of green onions, 1/2 cup Parmesan, cream, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, half of the parsley and half of the basil to the pasta. Toss, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if needed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle pancetta, remaining parsley and remaining basil over. Serve, passing additional Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.6, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 110, Sodium 247.9, Carbohydrate 82.8, Fiber 10.6, Sugar 8.8, Protein 25.6
PANCETTA AND ASPARAGUS PASTA
- Sauté pancetta in a large pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the pan and sauté in the pancetta grease for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked.
- Slowly add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the wine has reduced by about half.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain, but reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water for later (if needed).
- Add the pasta, pancetta and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to the sauté pan with asparagus, and toss until combined. Sprinkle pasta with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.3, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 11, Sodium 212.6, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 3.5, Protein 16
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND PEAS
Vicki Kamstra of Spokane, Washington writes, "I found this years ago, it has truly been a crowd pleaser. I often use whole wheat pasta instead; it's a great substitution!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute leeks in oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus and garlic; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper., Drain fettuccine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place ricotta cheese in a small bowl; whisk in reserved cooking liquid. Whisk in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest. Add to the skillet; heat through. , Add fettuccine; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 363mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "fettucine with peas asparagus and pancetta food"
FETTUCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS, AND PANCETTA - EPICURIOUS
4.4/5 (134)Total Time 40 minsServings 4
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS, AND PANCETTA - BON APPéTIT
4.5/5 (55)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 40 mins
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH PANCETTA, PEAS, AND ASPARAGUS
CREAMY ASPARAGUS, HERB, AND PEA PASTA RECIPE
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS, AND PANCETTA | BON APPETIT
PASTA WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA - BIGOVEN.COM
SPRING PEA & PANCETTA PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS, LEMON & SOFT-BOILED …
ASPARAGUS TAGLIATELLE | PASTA RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS, AND PANCETTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
PANCETTA, ASPARAGUS, AND PEAS PASTA - BIGOVEN.COM
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS, ASPARAGUS, AND PANCETTA - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS, PEA & PANCETTA PASTA RECIPE | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
17 EASY ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA | CTV NEWS
FETTUCCINE WITH PEAS AND PANCETTA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Pasta with peas and asparagus?Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, slice the asparagus on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan, along with the peas, for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. At the same time, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
How to Cook Pasta and pancetta for pizza?Directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Meanwhile, saute pancetta in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. In the same pan, saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add peas and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta.
What to do with mashed asparagus and pancetta?Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking water, and toss with the mashed asparagus and pancetta. Stir in most of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
How to cook Tagliatelle with asparagus tips?When the asparagus softens slightly turn the heat off and mash them roughly with the back of a fork. Cook the tagliatelle in plenty of boiling salted water, according to pack instructions. Add the asparagus tips for the last 2 minutes of cooking time.