SLOW-COOKED TENDER BEEF BRISKET
Brisket can be difficult to cook, but this recipe always turns out great. I live in the country and have a 60-mile commute to work each day, so I use the slow cooker often. It's a great way to get a good meal on the table for my family after a long day. -Jenni Arnold, Woodbury, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender., Thinly slice meat across the grain. If desired, thicken cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 540mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FORK TENDER HICKORY-SMOKED BRISKET
LET YOUR CROCK-POT DO ALL THE WORK! This moist, mouth-watering brisket will feed 12-14 hungry appetities. Even if you don't have that large of a crowd, the leftovers make great sandwiches. WORD OF WARNING: The delicious aroma of beef, hickory smoke, herbs and spices could ensue a stamped to the dinner table!
Provided by Feast Your Eyes
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 12-14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Wash brisket and pat dry with paper towels. DO NOT TRIM THE FAT - It will baste your meat as it cooks.
- Mix together the MARINADE ingredients in an air tight container or zip lock bag, add the brisket and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl combine the DRY RUB seasonings. (Liquid smoke is used later in the recipe.) One (1) hour before cooking generously rub both sides of the brisket with this seasoning mixture; let stand at room temperature for an hour or so.
- Place the beef brisket, fat side up, on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Make sure it is a large enough piece of foil to securely wrap the brisket.).
- Sprinkle brisket with the liquid smoke; wrap well and set into your crock-pot. (Slow-cook fat side up.) Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 12 hours (HIGH: 4 to 6 hours). SLOW AND LOW IS BETTER, THE MEAT WILL SHRED NICELY WHEN COOKED FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.
- When done cooking, let the brisket stand - wrapped in the foil - for 20 minutes before carving or shredding.
- Serve one of two ways: (1) thinly slice the brisket across the grain OR.
- (2) shred the brisket with a large, 2-pronged fork.
- Drizzle beef brisket with the meat juices; delicious over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or polenta.
- If desired, serve with your favorite barbecue sauce. Horseradish also goes well with this slow-cooked brisket.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.9, Fat 42.7, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 122.5, Sodium 861.8, Carbohydrate 13.1, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 8.5, Protein 27.2
SENSATIONAL SLOW COOKED BEEF BRISKET
Beef brisket cooked to perfection with the perfect blend of seasonings. So tender you can cut it with a fork.
Provided by Cajun Girl
Categories Main Dish Recipes Roast Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set spice mixture aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and shallots until mushrooms have released their liquid, 5 to 8 minutes. Set mushroom mixture aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce. Rub beef brisket thoroughly with spice mixture; place brisket into the margarine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brown the brisket well on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. As the Worcestershire sauce cooks into the brisket, pour in more, about 1/2 cup at a time, until 1 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce has been added.
- Place a rack into a heavy Dutch oven; place the brisket onto the rack. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce pan drippings, red wine, water, garlic, and beef broth. Top the brisket with the mushroom mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce over the mushrooms and top with 2 tablespoons sliced unsalted margarine.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake brisket in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake 1 more hour. Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C) and bake 1 additional hour. Baste with pan drippings every hour.
- Let the brisket rest for about 20 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with pan gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 93.2 mg, Fat 46.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 1836.6 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
People also searched
More about "fork tender slow cooker brisket food"
BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - SWEET AND SAVORY …
5/5 (6)Total Time 9 hrs 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 652 per serving
- Combine seasoning ingredients into a bowl. Pat dry the beef brisket and rub well the seasoning all over it.
3 INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - NELLIEBELLIE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 8
EASY SLOW COOKER BRISKET RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER …
4.4/5 (38)Calories 310 per servingCategory Main Course
JUICY BEEF BRISKET - CAFE DELITES
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET WITH BBQ SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW COOKER BRISKET RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CROCK-POT …
4/5 (3)Servings 6Cuisine American, Comfort FoodTotal Time 8 hrs 45 mins
SLOW COOKER BRISKET (WITH POTATOES!) | MRFOOD.COM
FORK-TENDER POT ROAST - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET - ROAST DINNER RECIPE FLAWLESS FOOD
SLOW COOKER BRISKET (+ HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
SLOW COOKER BRISKET - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
PULLED BRISKET (SLOW-COOKED) - EASY AND DELISH
SAVORY SLOW COOKER BRISKET - EASY RECIPE AND VIDEO - TORI AVEY
THE BARBECUE STYLE THAT TURNS A TOUGH CUT OF MEAT INTO …
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET - ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER BRISKET - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
5-INGREDIENT SLOW-COOKER RECIPES THAT MAKE COOKING A BREEZE
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET | BEST BEEF RECIPES
TRY THIS EASY ‘SMOKED’ BEEF BRISKET FOR FATHER’S DAY
CROCKPOT BBQ BRISKET - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET WITH BBQ SAUCE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SLOW COOKER HONEY BARBECUE BRISKET - BBQ BRISKET IN A CROCK …
SLOW-COOKER BRISKET RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET - KITCHEN DIVAS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love