Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Whisk the sugar, 1 tablespoon lime zest, the lime juice and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk the whole eggs and yolks in a small bowl, then whisk into the lime mixture.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it¿s thick like pudding, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time until incorporated.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, pushing it through with a rubber spatula. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming; let cool to room temperature. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest. Cover and refrigerate until completely set, at least 4 hours and up to 5 days.
Use this lime curd recipe to make our Blueberry Tart with Lime Curd and Fruit Tartlets.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine yolks, lime zest, lime juice, and sugar in a saucepan. Whisk. Set over medium heat; stir constantly with a wooden spoon, making sure to stir sides and bottom of pan. Cook until thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Strain curd into a bowl. Add butter, a few pieces at a time; stir with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Lay plastic wrap directly on the curd's surface to keep a skin from forming; wrap tightly. Let cool; refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour. Store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 days.
People also searched
More about "fresh lime curd food"
LIME CURD - PERFECT FOR BREAKFAST | GREEDY GOURMET
Reviews 13Category PreserveCuisine BritishTotal Time 15 mins
- Starting at the lowest power setting, switch on the processor and wait until everything has more or less blended.
- Leave it motoring for 5 minutes then over a period of one minute add the butter in equal quantities.
LIME CURD (4 INGREDIENTS - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
LIME CURD - CRAZY FOR CRUST
LEMON OR LIME CURD RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
LIME CURD RECIPE - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
18 BEST RASPBERRY RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
EASY LIME CURD - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 8 hrs 35 minsCategory Desserts, Sauces And SpreadsCalories 97 per serving
LEMON CURD - STONEWALL KITCHEN - STONEWALL KITCHEN
LIME CURD RECIPE - EASY TO MAKE WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
FRESH LIME CURD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SIMPLE FILIPINO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
NEED A LEMON CURD SUBSTITUTE? TRY ONE OF THESE SIX OPTIONS
LIME CURD PAVLOVA WITH FRESH BERRIES - BEST HEALTH MAGAZINE CANADA
LIME RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LEMON CURD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LIME CURD RECIPE - GOODIE GODMOTHER
EASY, NO-FAIL LIME CURD RECIPE - CELEBRATION GENERATION
LIME CURD - THE SIMPLE, SWEET LIFE
LIME CURD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRESH LIME CURD
LIME CURD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO MAKE FRESH LIME CURD (ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS) - MAKE WITH …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love