FLUFFY CONFETTI BIRTHDAY CAKE
Using a blend of butter and oil for this cake makes it light but moist. With its tall layers and fluffy frosting, this colorful cake is perfect for any birthday party.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans; dust with flour, then tap out the excess.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Alternate folding the flour mixture and milk into the batter with a spatula, adding the flour in 3 additions and the milk in 2, starting and ending with the flour, until just smooth. Add the sprinkles and fold 3 or 4 times until just blended to prevent the colors from bleeding too much. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake the cakes on the same oven rack, rotating the pans about halfway if they seem to be browning unevenly, until golden on top and the centers spring back to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pans about 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling racks and let cool completely.
- For the frosting: While the cakes cool, beat the butter and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Once it's all been added, increase the speed to medium-high, and beat until white and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla until blended. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk, and beat to incorporate. Beat in the remaining milk, 1 tablespoon at a time (the frosting will be spreadable but not runny).
- To assemble: Place 1 cake layer right-side up on a cake plate or stand, and spread with 1 cup of the frosting. Top with the second cake layer. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Decorate the top with additional sprinkles.
- The cake layers can be made a day ahead; wrap the cooled layers in plastic and aluminum foil and store at room temperature overnight. You can also assemble and frost the cake the day before serving; let it stand at room temperature overnight, covered by a large bowl or cake dome (if your kitchen is very hot, chill the cake and let it stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving).
People also searched
More about "funfetti cookies food"
FUNFETTI COOKIES - BROMA BAKERY
4.9/5 (14)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- In a stand mixer fit with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, adding the egg and the vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Do not overmix. Add the sprinkles and turn the mixer on quickly to distribute the sprinkles. Try not to mix the dough much or this will cause the sprinkles to break.
FUNFETTI COOKIES RECIPE - ANNA PAINTER - FOOD & WINE
4/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrsAuthor Anna Painter
FUNFETTI COOKIES - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
FUNFETTI COOKIES (MADE WITH CAKE MIX!) - MY BAKING ADDICTION
THE BEST FUNFETTI COOKIES (SUPER SOFT!) - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
FUNFETTI COOKIES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
EASY FUNFETTI COOKIES - FOOD DUCHESS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
EASY GLUTEN-FREE FUNFETTI COOKIES (DAIRY-FREE OPTION) - THE REAL …
HOW TO MAKE FUNFETTI SUGAR COOKIES - CLOUDY KITCHEN
FUNFETTI COOKIES RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
FUNFETTI COOKIES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MAKE PERFECT FUNFETTI COOKIES FROM SCRATCH | BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
WHITE CHOCOLATE FUNFETTI COOKIES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASTER FUNFETTI COOKIES - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
FUNFETTI® - PILLSBURY BAKING
BEST FUNFETTI COOKIES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FROSTED SPRINKLE
FUNFETTI PANCAKES RECIPE W/ TUTORIAL 🔥 #RECIPE #TUTORIAL #FOOD …
FUNFETTI PROTEIN COOKIES RECIPE | FOOD FAITH FITNESS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #oven #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #easter #dietary #inexpensive #toddler-friendly #taste-mood #sweet #equipment
You'll also love