GARDEN HARVEST SQUARES
I had these (something similar) at a party before. This version that I found in a BHG cook book tastes different. I buy a packet of ranch seasoning and use about half a packet of it in the sour cream. Which I think is the missing ingredient. You can use whatever vegetables you would like. Most go with this recipe. I added the carrot, onion, and black olives.
Provided by airforce_chick315
Yield 60 appetizers, 60 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Separate dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Place rectangles crosswise in an ungreased 15x10 jelly roll pan; press over bottom and 1 inch up sides to form crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl,combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed, and garlic powder; blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- At serving time cut into squares.
- Garnish with broccoli, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.4, Fat 2.4, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 8.8, Sodium 65.5, Carbohydrate 5.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.8, Protein 1.3
More about "garden harvest squares food"
12 EASY SQUARE FOOT GARDENING TIPS FOR AN ABUNDANT …
- Use a Grid & Plan Ahead. Planning out where you are going to put each vegetable in a grid before you plant everything is extremely important. Grids are simple to see and give you an organized framework for your garden.
- Use a Seeding Square. Vegetables in a square foot garden are planted in spacings of 1, 4, 9, or 16, with some vegetables taking up 4 large squares. I would highly recommend using the Seeding Square, as I use it all the time in my square foot gardens.
- Start Small. If you are new to growing square foot gardens, don’t try too much at once! A smaller 2×2 (4 grid squares) or 4×4 bed size (grid of 16 squares) is a good starting point!
- Companion Plants. I personally take most companion plant pairings with a grain of salt. For example, I like planting my Zinnias with my tomatoes, but does that mean that just because one year it proved to be an ideal pairing it will be every year in every garden setting?
- Keep Height in Mind. Vining plants can take up a lot of space – BUT – they are definitely a win for square foot gardens since they grow upwards! Upward growing plants are a great utilization of space.
- Fertilize, Refresh, and Rotate. The soil in your square foot garden will need to be amended every year. Add in compost, manure, and optional peat moss to replenish the nutrients that the vegetables used up the year before.
- Watering & Weeding. The soil in square foot gardens, especially in raised beds, tends to dry out quickly. Plan on watering your beds every day in the summer, and possibly twice a day if the temperatures start soaring.
- Use Treated Scrap Wood. Using treated scrap wood to build your beds? Make sure it’s newer than 2003, as anything earlier contains carcinogenic materials that will leach into your soil, making the vegetables you grow unsafe.
- Soil Costs More Than You Think. When making new beds, know that the cost of soil will be 2-4 times the price of the garden bed. You need good soil that will retain the water and nutrients.
- Use Weed Suppressing Fabric or Cardboard. Make sure any weed-suppressing fabric goes under both the inside AND outside of the frame of the bed. If this is not done, you’ll get weeds and grass right up against the bed that are hard to pick out or get rid of.
SQUARE FOOT GARDENING LAYOUT - SPACING GUIDE BY …
Reviews 24Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SQUARE FOOT GARDENING
SQUARE FOOT GARDENING: THE SIMPLEST & MOST EFFICIENT …
GROWING ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED A FAMILY | THE OLD …
THE MODEST HARVEST OF A SQUARE-FOOT GARDEN | CBC NEWS
HOW MUCH GARDEN? - STOREY PUBLISHING
VEGETABLE GARDEN LAYOUT IDEAS AND TIPS TO MAXIMIZE SPACE IN A …
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY SQUARE-FOOT GARDEN! - INSTRUCTABLES
RECIPESOURCE: GARDEN HARVEST SQUARES
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
THE APARTMENTS AT THE SYCAMORES - APARTMENTS FOR RENT | REDFIN
GARDEN HARVEST SQUARES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
GARDEN HARVEST SQUARES RECIPE | FOOD.COM
HOW TO PLAN A SQUARE FOOT GARDEN TO GROW YOUR FAVORITE VEGGIES
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE HOA BANS VEGETABLE GARDENS IN FRONT YARD
RESTON FARM GARDEN MARKET CARRIES RAW HONEY
UNBELIEVABLE ORGANIC GARDEN HARVEST, THIS IS WHAT I HARVESTED …
1344 GARDEN WALL CIR #507, RESTON, VA 20194 | MLS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How many vegetables are in a square?
What to plant in a square foot garden?
What is a square foot garden?
What can I plant in a 2-per-square?