GINGERY PUMPKIN PIE
My birthday is in late November so my mom often morphed the Thanksgiving pumpkin pie into my birthday "cake" and had all the family sing for me. This is an update on her recipe, adding lots more of our mutual favorite ingredient, ginger. The pie's best after it's nice and chilled. Birthday candles optional. -Emily Tyra, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (1-1/2 cups whipped cream).
Number Of Ingredients 23
- In a small bowl, mix flour, ginger, allspice and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. , Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, whisk filling ingredients until blended; pour into crust. , Bake on a lower oven rack 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours., For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add maple syrup and cinnamon; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504 calories, Fat 36g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 182mg cholesterol, Sodium 226mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
Recently, I was asked to bake for a wedding and asked if I could make this dessert. I was so excited when I realized this was a recipe I had been looking for, but had never found. I was thrilled at how awesome they tasted when you bite into them. How could they not taste good with all that cream cheese? When my friend came to pick up the tarts, she ate 4 before she ever left my house.
Provided by Cookie Queen
Categories Fruits and Vegetables Vegetables Squash
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Make the pastry dough by creaming together 12 ounces of cream cheese with 1 pound of butter and the sugar in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Mix in the flour, a little at a time, until the dough is workable. Cut the dough into 4 equal-sized pieces, roll the pieces into balls, and refrigerate until needed.
- To make the filling, mash 12 ounces of cream cheese with brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl until smooth and well combined; beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating each egg before adding the next one. Mix in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract until the filling is smooth.
- Cut each dough ball in half, and cut each half into 12 pieces (96 total pieces). Working in batches, press each small piece of dough into the bottom and up the sides of mini muffin cups. Fill the little crusts almost to the top with the pumpkin filling. Refrigerate unused dough until you need it to make the next batch.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set and the crusts are lightly golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mash 1/2 cup of butter, the shortening, and 8 ounces of cream cheese together in a bowl until thoroughly combined, and mix in the confectioners' sugar and marshmallow creme until smooth and creamy. Spread or pipe the frosting onto the cooled tarts. Sprinkle each tart with a few chopped pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.6 g, Cholesterol 60.1 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 190.5 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
Refrigerated pie crust and a muffin tin make it easy to create these delicious spiced pumpkin tartlets. Dollop with whipped cream and you're done! - Jessie Oleson, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 tartlets.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll each pie crust; roll to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a floured 4-in. round cutter, cut out 16 circles, rerolling scraps if necessary. Press circles into muffin pans coated with cooking spray., In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, salt and spices until blended. Pour into pie crust cups. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°., Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, top with marshmallows and bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes., Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen tarts. Cool in pans on wire racks before removing. Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 203mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 pie or about 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the dough by hand. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles yellow corn meal mixed with bean-sized bits of butter. (If the flour/butter mixture gets warm, refrigerate it for 10 minutes before proceeding.) Add the egg and stir the dough together with a fork or by hand in the bowl. If the dough is dry, sprinkle up to a tablespoon more of cold water over the mixture.
- Alternatively, make the dough in a food processor. With the machine fitted with the metal blade, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Add the butter and pulse until it resembles yellow corn meal mixed with bean-sized bits of butter, about 10 times. Add the egg and pulse 1 to 2 times; don't let the dough form into a ball in the machine. (If the dough is very dry add up to a tablespoon more of cold water.) Remove the bowl from the machine, remove the blade, and bring the dough together by hand.
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie pan and trim the edges, leaving about an extra inch hanging over the edge. Tuck the overhanging dough underneath itself to form a thick edge that is even with the rim. Flute the edge as desired. Freeze the pie shell for 30 minutes.
- Set separate racks in the center and lower third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Put a piece of parchment paper or foil over the pie shell and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake on a baking sheet on the center rack until the dough is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and lift sides of the parchment paper to remove the beans. Continue baking until the pie shell is lightly golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- While the pie shell is cooling make the filling. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, half-and-half, spices, and salt until smooth. Return the pie shell to the baking sheet and pour in the filling.
- Bake on the lower oven rack until the edges of the filling are set but the center is still slightly loose, about 50 to 60 minutes. (If the edges get very dark, cover them with aluminum foil.) Cool on a rack. Serve room temperature or slightly warm.
Fill a sweet shortcrust pastry tart case with lightly spiced squash to make a traditional American treat.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the pumpkin in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Drain pumpkin; let cool.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 15 mins. Line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Remove the beans and paper, and cook for a further 10 mins until the base is pale golden and biscuity. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Increase oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg and half the cinnamon. Mix in the beaten eggs, melted butter and milk, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine. Pour into the tart shell and cook for 10 mins, then reduce the temperature to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Continue to bake for 35-40 mins until the filling has just set.
- Leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 27 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.65 milligram of sodium
you can use canned pumpkin if you like the traditional thick texture and sweetness of store-bought pumpkin pie. I like using fresh cooked pumpkin as it's not overly sweet and much lighter and fluffier that way, almost like a mousse. you can freeze cooked pumpkin for many months so you can still make this outside of autumn, just be sure to drain it well when you thaw it. can also be made into a single-crust pie, just increase the cooking time to about an hour. new way to play with this: make just the filling in custard cups or muffin tins and serve with ice cream and butterscotch!
Provided by spiritussancto
Yield 30 tarts, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- pre-cook tart shells for 5-10 at 375 degrees, let cool for a few minutes. someday i need to try this using puff pastry pressed into muffin trays.
- while that's cooking dump everything else in the blender and mix on med for 1-2 min until well combined and frothy.
- pour liquid filling into tart shells.
- bake at 375 for about 30 min or until set but not dry.
LIGHT AND SPICY PUMPKIN PIE TARTS
These are so light and delicious, they give a new spin to traditional pumpkin pie! These are great to bring to potlucks and parties. They are a real eye catcher with a dollop of whipped cream on top. The batter can also be poured into a 9 inch pie shell rather than the tart shells.
Provided by trishypie
Yield 36 tarts
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients gently with a spatula.
- Spoon batter into tart shells and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet onto cooling racks. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.4, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 13.3, Sodium 161.3, Carbohydrate 28.5, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6.4, Protein 4.2
PERFECT PUMPKIN PIE
The one and only! EAGLE BRAND® makes this traditional dessert the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving feast.
Provided by Eagle brand
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips EAGLE BRAND®
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 64 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 352.1 mg, Sugar 17.7 g
People also searched
More about "ginger pumpkin tart food"
BEST PUMPKIN TART RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN TART - DELISH
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
PUMPKIN GINGER TART RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (1)Calories 520 per servingServings 8
- Stir together 1 cup flour and salt in bowl; cut in 1/3 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in 1 teaspoon gingerroot and enough water with fork until flour is just moistened. Pat into ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust just begins to brown.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, 2 teaspoons gingerroot, vanilla and cinnamon in bowl. Stir in eggs just until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup whipping cream. Pour pumpkin filling into baked crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until set around edge.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour and brown sugar in bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle streusel over hot, partially baked filling. Continue baking 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
PUMPKIN PIE | RECIPETIN EATS
SPICED PUMPKIN TART - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (9)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 6 hrs
CREAMY GINGER PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Andy KingDifficulty Easy
DOUBLE GINGER PUMPKIN TART RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory TartsCalories 116 per serving
GINGER PUMPKIN PIE WITH TOASTED COCONUT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN PIE TART - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
PUMPKIN TART WITH A GINGERSNAP COOKIE CRUST RECIPE - KENDALL …
HEALTHY BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN PIE - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
OUR 10 BEST PUMPKIN PIE RECIPES OF ALL TIME ARE THE PICK OF THE …
HEAVENLY HARVEST PUMPKIN TARTS - EAGLE BRAND
PUMPKIN PIE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
BEST GINGER PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GINGER PUMPKIN PIE
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
ARTICHOKE PIE - SKINNYTASTE
CLASSIC PUMPKIN PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
BEER HISTORY CARTOONS,TYPES,INFO,WORLD,CRAWLS, PUMPKIN PIE MADE …
BEST VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PUMPKIN …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love