- Rough chop the garlic, carrot, serrano and onion into small pieces. Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped vegetables and 1 teaspoon cumin to the pot and cook until the onion starts to brown.
- Strain the beans and add them to the pot. Pour in enough water to just cover the beans. Cover and bring them to a boil. Stir, then cover again and lower to a simmer. Simmer the beans until they start to burst, around 1 hour.
- Uncover the pot and add the orange, squeezing the juice into the pot and then dropping the halves in. Stir in the remaining teaspoon cumin and the salt. Continue to simmer to allow the beans to thicken, about 45 minutes more. Add more cumin and salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish, over rice, or on their own on a taco.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS
Grandma Brown's canned baked beans are available in the northeast USA but not common elsewhere. They are very simple with only 6 ingredients named on the can. This is a process to recreate them faithfully. Note that these beans are not tomato based, they are thick not saucy, and they are only mildly sweet. The final product either from the can or from the recipe is easily modified to your taste by adding bacon, tomato ketchup, brown sugar, spices. But they are great the way they are. They taste like beans!
Provided by ks100
Yield 10 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 6 cups water.
- bring water to a boil.
- sort through beans for debris.
- add navy beans to water.
- boil 10 minutes.
- turn off heat.
- cover pot.
- let sit overnight.
- rinse beans well.
- add beans and all other ingredients to oven proof pot with tight fitting lid.
- stir well.
- add water until beans are just covered.
- cover pot with lid.
- bake 5 to 6 hours at 300°F.
- every hour stir and add water to cover if beans are drying out.
- final product should be a thick and not runny.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.6, Fat 1.3, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 994.3, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 9.2, Protein 9.4
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
Grandma Smith makes the best baked beans ever. She is not good about sharing her recipes, however. She gave me these ingredients but no proportions. So here is my best guess.
Provided by Snowpeas
Yield 56 ounces, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix the beans, brown sugar and ketchup in a baking dish.
- Pull the bacon apart and place on top of the beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is done and beans are bubbly. About 1 hour.
People also searched
More about "grandma browns beans food"
10 BEST GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE (COPYCAT) - HOTSALTY.COM
4/5 (1)Category Main CourseServings 4
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE: A CLASSIC RETRO RECIPE
Category Main CourseCalories 220 per serving
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - FOOD14
WHAT HAPPENED TO GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS FOOD
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRANDMA BROWN’S BAKED BEANS RECIPE: AN AGE-OLD RECIPE
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRANDMA BROWNS BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - CONSCIOUS EATING
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - FOR FOOD LOVERS
GRANDMA BROWNS BEANS FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
HOMEMADE GRANDMA BROWNS BEANS RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
GRANDMA BROWNS BEANS INC RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NO, GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS HAS NOT REOPENED
GRANDMA BROWN’S BAKED BEANS RECIPE - TANNAT WINE & CHEESE
GRANDMA BROWN BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love