GREEK LEMON POTATOES
Greek lemon potatoes are the ultimate side dish. Potatoes are slow-roasted with lemon, oregano, and olive oil until they melt in your mouth. Authentic Greek lemon potatoes like these don't use any chicken broth or similar. They're as simple as they are delicious!
Provided by Diana Moutsopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Mix water, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper together. Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven, carefully turning over halfway through, until potatoes are tender and nearly all excess liquid has evaporated, 75 to 90 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 150.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
GREEK LEMON POTATOES
For the dreamiest roasted potatoes - with creamy insides and very crispy outsides - follow this classic Greek method of roasting peeled potatoes in equal parts olive oil, lemon juice and chicken stock. The potatoes soak up the flavorful liquid, allowing the insides to remain tender while the outsides crisp in the oven's high heat. You can follow the same method for russet potatoes, though the final result will be less moist.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed sheet pan, combine the chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice and kosher salt. Toss the potatoes in the liquid to coat, then arrange the potatoes in an even layer, cut-sides down. Sprinkle the oregano over the potatoes, if using.
- Roast the potatoes, flipping halfway through, until fork-tender, dark brown and crispy on top, 55 to 60 minutes. (If the potatoes are cooked through but not as crispy as you'd like, run them under the broiler for a few minutes.) Sprinkle with flaky salt and black pepper as desired.
GREEK LEMON ROASTED POTATOES
These are the perfect compliment to any Greek cuisine. Very Tasty!!! I serve these with Recipe#229467 & Recipe#229464 for the ultimate Greek meal!
Provided by Chef Decadent1
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6 , 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 325 and place potatoes that have been peeled and cut lenghtwise into thick wedges in a roasting pan.
- Combine remainder of ingredients and pour over potatoes. Bake for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until done. Serve with chicken breast souvlaki, greek salad, pita and tsatziki dip. Very good!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.2, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 793.9, Carbohydrate 51, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 2.5, Protein 5.9
GREEK POTATOES (OVEN-ROASTED AND DELICIOUS!)
These potatoes are a staple in our home. Whether accompanying roast lamb or chicken, or just on their own, we have them a couple of times a week. They are delicious and the ones that get overly-brown in the pan and stick a bit are MINE! Clean up is a little tricky with this recipe, unless you line your pans with foil, but I find that just filling the pan up with hot, sudsy water and forgetting for an hour (something I apparently have no problem doing ;-)) helps a lot.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 420°F A reviewer has suggested spraying the baking pan with Pam - that sounds like a great idea!
- Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
- Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.
- The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
- This will take about another 40 minutes.
- Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.
- Note: I often melt a bouillon cube in the water; if you do, make sure to cut back some on the salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.7, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 2, Sodium 23.9, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 3.2, Protein 7.7
ELLINIKOS LEMONI PATATAS (GREEK LEMON POTATOES)
- Peel potatoes and cut them in half (from medium size potatoes, quarter if large).
- Let them stand in water while preparing sauce.
- Combine all other ingredients in a gallon size"zipper" bag, and shake to combine.
- Dry off the potatoes, and put all of them in the bag and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the potatoes and marinade in a large casserole, preferrably a white pyrex, approximately 13 x 9 x 3 oval.
- Roast for 1hr 10min, turning occasionally.
- There should be plenty of sauce left over after roasting.
- You can put these under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up if you prefer.
GREEK-STYLE LEMON POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread potatoes evenly in a large casserole dish.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, seasoned salt, chicken soup base, and Greek seasoning together in a separate dish. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven, uncovered, until just tender, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.5 calories, Carbohydrate 77.1 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 9.6 g, Protein 9.1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 683.8 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
GREEK-STYLE LEMON POTATOES
Lemon, fresh oregano, and feta to brighten up potatoes-leave skin on or off. Serve alongside grilled fish, steak, or chicken with a tomato salad. Leftovers would be good, too. TY Just Jan for helping me improve this recipe. :)
Provided by WiGal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remember to BOIL the chicken broth.
- Spray a 9- by 13-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss potato cubes with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, salt, and garlic; layer slices in baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup BOILING chicken broth over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until most of the broth has evaporated and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with feta and bake until golden, about 15 minutes more.
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
I don't have the energy or courage to cater for a living but, if I did, this Greek lemon chicken and potatoes would be one of my go-to entrees, and not just for big, fat weddings. It's a proven crowd-pleaser, simple to make, and easy on the wallet.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a large roasting pan.
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl. Season with salt, oregano, pepper, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Place potatoes in bowl with the chicken; stir together until chicken and potatoes are evenly coated with marinade.
- Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, to prepared roasting pan, reserving marinade. Distribute potato pieces among chicken thighs. Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken broth. Spoon remainder of marinade over chicken and potatoes.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss chicken and potatoes, keeping chicken skin side up; continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Set oven to broil or highest heat setting. Toss potatoes once again in pan juices. Place pan under broiler and broil until potatoes are caramelized, about 3 minutes. Transfer potatoes to serving platter with chicken.
- Place roasting pan on stove over medium heat. Add a splash of broth and stir up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Strain; spoon juices over chicken and potatoes. Top with chopped oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1138.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 283.6 mg, Fat 74.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 80.4 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1865.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC, LEMON, AND OREGANO
For perfect Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon, and Oregano there is no need to peel them, but I suggest that you halve them, because they taste best when they can absorb more sauce.
Provided by Aglaia Kremezi
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve at once.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon tomato paste in the stock, and reduce the amount of lemon juice to taste. Substitute Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for the black pepper.
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put potato wedges into a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the wedges and toss to coat. Season potatoes with salt, oregano, and black pepper; toss again to coat.
- Spread potato wedges in a single layer in a 2 inch-deep pan. Pour chicken broth over the potatoes.
- Roast potatoes in preheated oven until tender and golden brown, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.1 calories, Carbohydrate 39.9 g, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 789.1 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
People also searched
More about "greek style lemon roasted potatoes food"
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
TOP 40 GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE AUTHENTIC RECIPES
ROASTED GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE - GREEK FOOD
TOP 45 GREEK LEMON BAKED POTATOES RECIPE RECIPES
GREEK-STYLE OVEN-ROASTED LEMON-BUTTER PARMESAN …
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GREEK LEMON-ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GREEK STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - VAYIA'S KITCHEN
LEMON ROASTED POTATOES, GREEK STYLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GREEK STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GREEK STYLE ROASTED LEMON POTATOES | PHOTOS & FOOD
GREEK LEMON POTATOES (PATATES LEMONATES RECIPE) - HERBS & FLOUR
GREEK LEMON ROASTED BABY POTATOES - AHEAD OF THYME
TOP 41 GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE AUTHENTIC RECIPES
TOP 42 GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE AUTHENTIC RECIPES
You'll also love