GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILI-LIME BUTTER AND COTIJA CHEESE
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn in their husks until the husks start to blacken, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mix together the butter, chili powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice and some salt and black pepper in a bowl until incorporated.
- Peel back the corn husks, leaving on to use as handles while eating. Rub the chili-lime butter all over the corn. Garnish with the cotija cheese.
CORN WITH CHILE-LIME BUTTER
Provided by Aarón Sánchez
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Combine the butter, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, chile paste and cumin in a bowl. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
- Grill the corn, turning, until nicely charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with a spoonful of the flavored butter on top. Sprinkle with more cilantro and cotija cheese.
SPICY GRILLED CORN
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, paprika, red pepper flakes
- and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the spiced butter on the corn, coating
- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and place on the
- grill. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, turning several times for even cooking. Carefully
- remove the foil before serving.
CORN ON THE GRILL
Garlic lover's dream. Sweet and spicy, these ears of corn will keep you coming back to the grill for more.
Provided by Chef Howe
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Corn
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat the garlic and butter in a small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes to infuse the butter with the flavor of garlic. Do not let the butter simmer. Stir together the sugar, salt, black pepper, and cumin in a small dish. Stir into the butter mixture along with the lime juice and hot sauce until evenly blended. Brush the ears of corn generously with the garlic butter; reserve remaining butter.
- Cook the corn on the preheated grill, rotating occasionally until the corn is hot and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Brush the corn with the remaining butter as the corn cooks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 634.5 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY CHILI BUTTER
- STEP BY STEP: Taking the Temperature of the Fire If you can hold your hand five inches above the grate for 2 seconds, it is a hot fire; 3 to 4 seconds, a medium-hot fire; 5 to 6 seconds, a medium fire; and 7 seconds, a medium-low fire. STEP BY STEP: Preparing Corn for Grilling 1. Remove all but the innermost layer of the husk. The kernels should be covered by, but visible through, the innermost layer. 2. Use scissors to snip off the tassel, or long silk ends, at the tip of the ear. STEP BY STEP: Judging When Grilled Corn is Done As soon as the husk picks up the dark silhouette of the kernels and begins to pull away from the tip of the ear, the corn is ready to come off the grill.
SPICED GRILLED CORN
The wonderful spice mixture doesn't add heat, only great flavor. This just may be the best corn you've ever had! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Brush oil over corn; sprinkle with spice mixture. Place each on a rectangle of heavy-duty foil (about 14x12 in.). Fold foil over corn, sealing tightly., Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 310mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILE BUTTER
In South Africa, charred ears of corn (called braai mielies) are year-round, smoky-sweet roadside snacks. This version is a side dish for the American summer, when corn and grilling are both in season. The cobs are slicked with butter and sparked with chile heat; in South Africa, they would be served alongside a pile of charcoal-grilled lamb chops or steak or giant prawns, or all of the above. For a more rustic effect (and more effort), use the corn husks as a wrapper instead of aluminum foil. Soak the unshucked cobs in cold water for at least 15 minutes. Peel back the husks but do not detach them from the cobs; remove all the cornsilk. After rubbing on the butter, rearrange the husks around each cob and tie in place with twine.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories side dish
Yield 4 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking. For each corn cob, tear a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap it completely.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, chile, garlic (if using), salt and pepper. Mix well and taste. Adjust the seasonings; add drops of hot sauce if the butter is not spicy enough. Set aside.
- Shuck the corn. Use your hands to rub butter mixture thoroughly onto each cob, reserving about 1/4 of the mixture for basting. Wrap each buttered cob in aluminum foil.
- When ready to cook, place cobs on the grill (or, if the fire is low, in the coals) and cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until steamed and cooked through.
- Unwrap and place on the grill. Use remaining butter to baste the corn as it grills, turning it until lightly charred and cooked through. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if using.
BOILED CORN ON THE COB WITH SPICY BUTTER
We absolutely love this, we tend to get bored with 'plain' corn on the cob after eating it all summer
Provided by lets.eat
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl combine the butter, parsley, chili powder, garlic salt, and cumin; set aside.
- To pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoons lemon juice. Add corn. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water, spread ears of corn with seasoned butter.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI LIME BUTTER
Chili lime butter adds a delicious finishing touch to grilled corn on the cob. Perfect to accompany any barbecue gathering, large or small. The butter can be flavored one day ahead and then brought to room temperature before serving.
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 6 ears of corn
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the butter in a small bowl, add the chili powder, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño and salt and mix well.
- Shape the butter into any form you like, cover and place in the refrigerator until shortly before ready to serve, at which time allow butter to soften.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place corn (in husk) on the grill, rotating the corn so you cook on all sides, for approximately 15 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly (so you are able to peel the husk) and peel. Place corn back on grill over the same flame for about 4 minutes, once again rotating the corn for even grill marks.
- Serve the corn immediately with the chili lime butter.
- Cooking option: Place the corn (in the husk) on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes (21/2 minutes per side); when ready to grill, remove the husks and grill over a medium-high flame for about 2 minutes per side.
More about "grilled corn with spicy chili butter food"
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILI BUTTER - THE UNLIKELY …
Ratings 9Calories 140 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Set your grill to medium-high heat and grill corn until cooked (it takes us about 30 minutes for 6 ears of corn).
- Brush a generous amount of chili butter on each cooked corn. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more crushed chili peppers. Enjoy while warm.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI LIME BUTTER RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side Dish, IngredientCalories 203 per serving
PERFECTLY GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY BUTTER - THE HURRIED …
CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILLI BUTTER - ANNA BANANA
GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY CHILI BUTTER RECIPE
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH PARMESAN CHILI BUTTER
GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY CHILI BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category CornAuthor PetsrusCalories 207 per serving
GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY CALABRIAN CHILE BUTTER - FOOD …
Servings 4Category Side-DishAuthor Molly YehDifficulty Easy
EASY GRILLED CORN RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GRILLED SWEET CORN WITH CHILI-LIME HONEY BUTTER
38 GREATEST GRILLING RECIPES ON THE PLANET - EAT THIS NOT THAT
GRILLED CORN WITH SWEET CHILI SAUCE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND CORN QUESADILLAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI HONEY BUTTER - TODAY
31 BEST CORN RECIPES - BEST IDEAS FOR CORN - COUNTRY LIVING
30 GRILLED CORN RECIPES YOU NEED THIS SUMMER | TASTE OF HOME
COWBOY BUTTER - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY GRILLED CORN - CHUGWATER CHILI
WHAT TO EAT AT BOSTON CALLING - THE BOSTON GLOBE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #vegetables #barbecue #spring #summer #dietary #low-sodium #seasonal #low-in-something #corn #equipment #grilling
You'll also love