GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
"This recipe called for salmon, but I substituted another fish with delicious results," says Lisa Rowley of North East, Maryland. "It saves me time in the kitchen because all I have to do is mix up the seasoned butter, then turn it over to my husband, who does the grilling.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 30 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak., Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, butter side down, covered, over medium heat or broil, buttered side up, 4 in. from the heat for 5-1/2 minutes. , Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 756 calories, Fat 43g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 223mg cholesterol, Sodium 1248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 85g protein.
GRILLED LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT STEAKS
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper and garlic. Add fish; turn several times to coat with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley and lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
- Prepare grill.
- In a dry small skillet toast fennel seeds over moderate heat, shaking skillet, until fragrant and a shade darker. In an electric coffee/spice grinder grind seeds. Mince garlic. Squeeze juice from lemon into a small bowl and stir in fennel, garlic, salt, and oil. Put halibut in a large dish and pour marinade over it, turning fish to coat. Marinate halibut, covered and chilled, at least 10 minutes and no more than 1 hour.
- Grill halibut on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. (Alternatively, grill halibut in a hot oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderate heat.)
- Serve halibut with tsatsiki.
EASY GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
No one would guess you use convenient ingredients like brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice in this simple recipe. I always get compliments.- Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside., Grill halibut on greased rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with butter mixture, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LEMON ROSEMARY MARINATED GRILLED HALIBUT
- Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spread evenly over the halibut steaks.
- Cook on preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 153.9 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 485.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
People also searched
More about "grilled halibut steaks food"
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAK RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TIPS FOR GRILLING HALIBUT - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL GARLIC BUTTER | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
GRILL HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL-GARLIC BUTTER | FOODLAND
BACON WRAPPED GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPES - PAGE 2 - BETTYCROCKER.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE BY MICROWAVERINA | IFOOD.TV
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH LEMON-GARLIC SAUCE | FOODLAND
GRILLED HALIBUT - HEY GRILL, HEY
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL-GARLIC BUTTER - SOBEYS INC.
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #american #easy #beginner-cook #fish #dietary #gluten-free #pacific-northwest #egg-free #free-of-something #saltwater-fish #halibut #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook halibut steak on the grill?Add Halibut, coat and marinate 30 minutes on each side. Heat grill to high. Salt and pepper steak just before placing on grill. Cook 4 minutes per side. Flip it once only. Serve with lemon wedges. I have been cooking since I was 10, making up recipes since I was 14.
How to cook halibut in the oven?In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside. Grill halibut on greased rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with butter mixture, 4-5 minutes on each side.
How many calories in a halibut steak?Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. 1 each: 756 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 85g protein.
How much butter do you put on a halibut steak?Ingredients 1 ¾ cup butter, softened 2 1 tablespoon lemon juice 3 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder 4 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley 5 ¾ teaspoon dried dill weed (Optional) 6 ¼ teaspoon white sugar (Optional) 7 ¼ teaspoon salt 8 ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 9 4 inch-thick halibut steaks More ...