GRILLED FILLET OF PACIFIC SALMON WITH THAI RED CURRY SAUCE AND B
A spicy red curry sauce that cuts through the richness of the salmon, a cool crisp cabbage salad for contrast, and nutty basmati rice to sop it all up.
Provided by Celeste
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill.
- To make the rice, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the rice in a colander under cold running water for 1 minute, then drain well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small ovenproof saucepan, combine the rice, butter, and water.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook over high heat until strong steam comes out from under the lid.
- Remove from the heat, put the pan in the oven, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- To start the salad, combine the cabbage, cucumber, cilantro, and mint in a medium bowl, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, heat the peanut oil and saute the garlic and ginger until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the coriander seeds, curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin.
- Decrease the heat to low and saute for abou t 2 minutes to release the oils and flavors; be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Stir in the coconut milk, tomato puree, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Increase the heat, bring the sauce almost to a boil, and remove from heat. (Don't let the sauce boil, or the sauce will separate.).
- Keep warm or reheat gently before serving.
- Meanwhile, to cook the salmon, brush the fillets with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fillets for about 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or until browned on the outside but still slightly translucent in the center.
- Or, heat a grill pan or skillet over high heat until very hot and cook the fillets for about 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or until browned on the outside but still slightly translucent in the center.
- To finish the salad, toss the cabbage mixture with the soy sauce and rice vinegar in a large bowl.
- To serve, place about 1/2 cup rice in the center of each of 4 warmed plates.
- Ladle 1/2 cup sauce around the rice, then place a fillet on top of the rice.
- Top each fillet with a tall mound of the cabbage salad.
- Sprinkle the sauce with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656.1, Fat 32.1, SaturatedFat 16.4, Cholesterol 78.7, Sodium 225.1, Carbohydrate 52.3, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 11.3, Protein 41.6
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE
- Make rice:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan with an ovenproof lid bring rice, water, and butter to boil. Bake rice, covered, in middle of oven 12 minutes. Keep rice warm.
- Make sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan sauté gingerroot and garlic in oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden. Add coriander, curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin and sauté, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Whisk in coconut milk, tomato purée, soy sauce, and brown sugar and bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and keep warm.
- Prepare vegetables:
- In a bowl toss together all vegetable ingredients.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill salmon on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Put each in center of 4 plates and arrange salmon on top. Top salmon with vegetables and spoon sauce around it. Sprinkle vegetables with peanuts.
THAI RED CURRY / COCONUT SAUCE (FOR SALMON)
This was in my notes listed as "Sauce to serve with grilled salmon" and I have no idea where I got it but it sounds good. I haven't made it but hope to one day! Maybe you'll beat me to it! Just take salmon and rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil and serve with this flavorful sauce.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and the basil leaves in a small saucepan.
- Taste and adjust to your preferences.
- Just before salmon is done, add cornstarch to the sauce with a small amount of water to make a slurry. Stir until it is glossy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stack and roll basil leaves like a small cigar. Sliver them cross-wise into narrow ribbons and drop into the sauce.
- Keep sauce warm but be careful not to simmer for a long time.
- Serve sauce over the fish with Jasmine or Basmati rice.
GRILLED SALMON WITH CURRY SAUCE
With good fresh salmon, less is always more. But sometimes I like to kick it up a notch with some Indian spices. This curry sauce can be made ahead and reheated while your salmon (or whatever type of fish you have) grillls. You can serve with steamed rice, but to be more carb friendly, sometimes I serve with cauliflower puree. In reviewing the nutritional content listed here, I don't agree with the carbohydrate content that has been calculated. The can of coconut milk has 2 grams of carbs per serving listed. So am stymied with how this system came up with over 50 grams per serving. Now if you include a few glasses of rose wine with this, maybe your carb content will be higher, but still not over 50 grams.
Provided by French Terrine
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cover dried chilies with some boiling water and allow to stand until softened, usually about 15 minutes. Handling carefully, so the chilies do not burn your hands, mince with scissors. If you are using fresh chilies, simply slice into rings.
- Dissolve tamarind paste in about a cup of water.
- Heat butter in a large skillet, then add onions. Let them caramelize slightly, then stir in 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and cumin powder. After a few minutes add dissolved tamarind paste, minced chilies, ginger, coconut milk and salt to taste. Since this will be rather thick, add some water. Then simmer to allow all these spices and flavors to marry. To add a little brightness, add the juice of an orange. Lime or lemon might be better. The sauce can be made ahead and reheated before grilling your fish. **The heat of this sauce is tempered by the flavor of the salmon. It can also be tempered with some raita or chutney on the side, or even just plain yogurt. OR instead of using 2 chilies, just use one.**.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt, a teaspoon of turmeric and a light dusting of cumin powder.
- Grill salmon over a hot fire, being careful not to overcook. Fresh salmon is far better when slightly rare, JMHO. I start with grilling the fleshy side down first. After 3-4 minutes, turn carefully so that skin side is down and grill another 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet. As you remove from the grill, the skin, which I don't find appetizing, will stick to the grill, easily skinning your fresh grilled fillet.
- Serve with the curry sauce and garnish with cilantro. Wash down with a chilled rose wine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 74.8, Sodium 163.9, Carbohydrate 51.5, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 45.2, Protein 33.2
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI
Don't be afraid of the long list of ingredients - everything goes together pretty quickly. From Gourmet, July 1997.
Provided by Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Number Of Ingredients 28
- 1. Make rice: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a saucepan with an ovenproof lid bring rice, water, and butter to boil. Bake rice, covered, in middle of oven 12 minutes. Keep rice warm.
- 3. Make sauce: In a heavy saucepan saute ginger root and garlic in oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden. Add coriander, curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin and saute, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Whisk in coconut milk, tomato puree, soy sauce, and brown sugar and bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and keep warm.
- 4. Prepare vegetables: In a bowl toss together all vegetable ingredients.
- 5. Prepare grill.
- 6. Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill salmon on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 7. Put each in center of 4 plates and arrange salmon on top. Top salmon with vegetables and spoon sauce around it. Sprinkle vegetables with peanuts.
More about "grilled salmon with thai curry sauce and basmati rice food"
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE & BASMATI RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
Cuisine ThaiTotal Time 45 minsCategory Main DishCalories 783 per serving
BAKED GREEN CURRY SALMON, BABY BOK CHOY, RED PEPPER, COCONUT …
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RECIPES
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE - BLOGGER
SEARCHABLE RECIPE DATABASE - RECIPE FOR GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI …
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE RECIPE | EAT …
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE …
GRILLED SALMON WITH THAI CURRY SAUCE AND BASMATI RICE FOOD
You'll also love