GOOD OL' GRITS PIE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the grits, brown sugar, flour, and eggs.
- Blend well, then stir in the milk and butter or margarine. Add the vanilla and vinegar, and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let cool briefly, then serve while still warm.
- Serve warm by itself or topped with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.6, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 55.2, Sodium 176.8, Carbohydrate 54.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 27, Protein 5.1
Whisk butter, whole milk and sharp cheddar together with ground cornmeal for Alton Brown's creamy Cheese Grits recipe from Good Eats on Food Network.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the milk, water, and salt into a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once the milk mixture comes to a boil, gradually add the cornmeal while continually whisking. Once all of the cornmeal has been incorporated, decrease the heat to low and cover. Remove lid and whisk frequently, every 3 to 4 minutes, to prevent grits from sticking or forming lumps; make sure to get into corners of pot when whisking. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add the pepper and butter, and whisk to combine. Once the butter is melted, gradually whisk in the cheese a little at a time. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from an episode with Paula Deen. Pumpkin pie used to be my son's favorite until he tried this one. It is amazing!
Provided by Kathy Joppie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine water & salt, bring to a boil. Add the grits & cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the butter; cook for 1 additional minute. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. Combine sugar, flour, eggs, buttermilk & vanilla. Slowly stir into the cooled grits. Pour into pie shell and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- 3. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
People also searched
More about "grits pie food"
SOUTHERN GRITS RECIPES THAT'LL STAND THE TEST OF TIME
- Deviled Grits. Recipe: Deviled Grits. Orange juice, grits, and bacon come together for the ultimate everything-bite in this tasty breakfast recipe.
- Mini Cheese Grits Casseroles. Recipe: Mini Cheese Grits Casseroles. Whip out this scrumptious, make-ahead recipe when you're in a pinch for time.
- Goat Cheese-and-Spring Onion Grits Soufflés. Recipe: Goat Cheese-and-Spring Onion Grits Soufflés. Don't let the word "soufflé" scare you. This elegant recipe is actually quite easy to pull off.
- Slow-Cooker Buttermilk Grits. Recipe: Slow-Cooker Buttermilk Grits. Let your slow-cooker do the work in this buttermilk-infused grits recipe.
- Shrimp and Grits Casserole. Recipe: Shrimp and Grits Casserole. Make this family-style dish in under an hour for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- Leek-and-Mushroom Grits Frittata. Recipe: Leek-and-Mushroom Grits Frittata. Serve this grits frittata for any meal of the day for a dish the whole family is sure to love.
- Heirloom Red Corn Grits. Recipe: Heirloom Red Corn Grits. Simplicity is key in this heirloom grits recipe. Just a bit of cheese, salt, and butter create a tasty dish that's sure to keep you coming back for more.
- Southern Shrimp and Grits. Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits. This traditional shrimp and grits recipe is quick and easy. It's a classic choice for a delicious weeknight meal.
- Italian-Style Grits and Greens with Pulled Pork and Mushrooms. Recipe: Italian-Style Grits and Greens with Pulled Pork and Mushrooms. We topped creamy grits and greens with pulled pork and garlicky sautéed mushrooms.
- Buttermilk Grits with Country Ham and Shrimp. Recipe: Buttermilk Grits with Country Ham and Shrimp. Add a little Southern flair to your shrimp n' grits with some country ham.
GRITS PIE | PAULA DEEN
Total Time 10 mins
GLORIOUS GRITS DISHES | MYRECIPES
WHAT ARE GRITS? - REAL SIMPLE
WHAT ARE GRITS? - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHAT ARE GRITS? AND HOW TO MAKE GRITS - FOOD NETWORK
SPEEDY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ree DrummondSteps 4Difficulty Easy
PIES - FOOD LION
SOUR CREAM RAISIN GRITS PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRITS PIE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRITS PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRITS PIE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
24 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH GRITS | TASTE OF HOME
APPLE FRIED PIE RECIPE FROM GRITS & GROCERIES - DARLEY NEWMAN
SOUTH CAROLINA GRITS PIE - FOOD LION
GRITS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
20 COMFORT FOOD RECIPES FROM GRANDMA'S RECIPE BOX
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make grits pie?This classic Southern Grits Pie is a delicious treat! Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, bring ¾ cup water and salt to a boil. Whisk in grits; cook, whisking constantly, for 4 minutes. Whisk in butter, and cook for 1 minute. Let cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, buttermilk, flour, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
What do you eat with Grits?Naturally mild grits need a dose of flavor from ingredients such as butter, cream, and cheese. To accompany breakfast, try a recipe for cheese grits. For a more substantial meal, Southerners serve shrimp and grits. Grits usually fall to the savory side of the flavor spectrum, but like most cereals, grits can form the base for a sweet treat as well.
What are instant grits?Instant grits are an economical feed-a-crowd option, particularly when they’re bolstered with butter and cheese and baked into a Shrimp and Grits Casserole. Here are some of our favorite grits recipes. Old fashioned grits are boiled with water, milk, salt and sugar until tender and creamy, then whisked with melted butter for a touch of richness.
What are the facts about grits?Fast Facts 1 Origin: Even before the European explorers came West, the Indigenous peoples of North America were eating a dish of mashed corn, as corn was a prevalent crop. 2 Food Fact: Grits are the official food of South Carolina. 3 History: The word "grits" is derived from an Old English word "grytt," which means coarse meal.