These creamy, cheesy scones pair well with butter when they're fresh out of the oven. They also make a great vehicle for your favorite egg sandwich. Scallions and dill go into the dough and add a decorative touch to the tops.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Toss butter in flour mixture to evenly coat, then press between your fingers until mixture has the texture of coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces remaining. In another bowl, whisk together cream and eggs.
- Make a well in flour mixture; add egg mixture, cheddar, scallions, and dill. Stir together with a fork until dough begins to form but mixture is still crumbly. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead just to combine (do not overwork). Pat out 1/2 inch thick. With a floured 2 3/4-inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds, as closely together as possible; place on prepared sheet. Gather scraps; pat out again and repeat.
- Brush tops with cream; sprinkle with more dill and scallions. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
MUSHROOMS IN CHIVE CREAM
This is an elegant and delicious first course for a special holiday meal or dinner party. It does require last minute prep, but it's very quick to make. I believe this was originally a Bon Apetit recipe.
Provided by PanNan
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In 12" nonstick skillet cook mushrooms, covered, in hot butter 5- 7 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon; set aside and keep warm.
- Stir the cream, chives, and lemon peel into the skillet.
- Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in reserved mushrooms; heat through (do not cook longer or mushrooms will thin sauce).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: for each appetizer serving, sprinkle about 2 tsp of crushed croutons on each plate.
- Top with 3 mushrooms and about 1 tbsp of the cream sauce.
FRESH HERB AND CHEESE SAUCE
The recipe calls for Chervil, a herb similar to parsley. I didn't have either, so actually used some fresh sage, which was lovely! I prepared this sauce to accompany Recipe#328329, by chef#925731. This sauce recipe comes from the "Pasta Cookbook", published by Merehurst Press, original title, "Nudeln". From Zaars Kitchen Dictionary: CHERVIL: The leaves and root of this parsley family herb are edible and have a mild anise flavor. The leaves are a curly and dark green. Chervil is one of the main ingredients in Fines Herbes. Ingredient Season: available year-round How to store: Chervil does not dry well, so it is best when used fresh. How to prepare: Use like parsley, though most flavor is lost when boiled. Matches well with: asparagus, carrots, cheese, chicken, eggs, fish, peas, potatoes, salads, sauces, soups, spinach, tomatoes, veal, venison Substitutions: parsley or tarragon
Provided by Karen Elizabeth
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- If you plan to serve this with pasta, put your pasta on to cook now. This sauce would also complement certain meats, chicken, for instance.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Melt the butter, fry the onion, stir in the flour and fry until golden.
- Gradually add the stock, and bring the sauce to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and sour cream and allow to simmer on low heat.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese cubes to the sauce and allow to melt over low heat.
- Stir the chopped chervil (or herb of choice) into the sauce.
- Beat the egg yolk with 2 tblsps of sauce, then blend into the rest of the sauce.
- Add cooked pasta of choice (recipe suggestion, tortellini, although I used the homemade gnocchi mentioned above).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.4, Fat 29.3, SaturatedFat 17.2, Cholesterol 125.9, Sodium 412.8, Carbohydrate 7.7, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 4, Protein 13.4
More about "herbandcheesesconeswithchivecream food"
CHEESE AND CHIVE SCONES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 10Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory SnackTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - WOMAN AND HOME MAGAZINE
3/5 Category Dessert, SnackCuisine BritishTotal Time 35 mins
- Stir through the baking powder and grated cheese, then make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
- Quickly stir the flour with a knife until the dough comes together. Tip on to a floured surface, bring lightly together with your hands, then pat into a disc around 4cm (1½in) thick.
- Using a 4cm (1½in) floured cutter, cut out rounds and place them on a floured baking sheet. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of each scone, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
HERB AND CHEESE SCONES WITH CHIVE CREAM RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 22 minsCategory SconesCalories 170 per serving
EASY CHEESE AND HERB SCONES - MARATHONS & MOTIVATION
HERB AND CHEESE SCONES WITH CHIVE CREAM - TASTE.COM.AU
HERB AND CHEDDAR SCONES - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
BACON, CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SCONES | RICARDO
THE 5 BEST FRENCH RESTAURANTS IN RESTON (UPDATED 2023)
JACKSON'S MIGHTY FINE FOOD AND LUCKY LOUNGE - YELP
CHIVE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHEDDAR & HERB CHEESE STRAWS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY, CHEESY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR
HERB AND CHEESE SCONES WITH CHIVE CREAM | AFTERNOON TEA RECIPES, …
HERB AND CHEESE SCONES WITH CHIVE CREAM RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SEARCH RESTON JOBS AT WEGMANS FOOD MARKETS
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH CHIVE DILL CREAM RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love