ROAST-YOUR-OWN HONEY-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND VEGETABLES
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper around the whole turkey breast, in every crevasse and crevice. Gently peel back the skin and rub the seasoning under the skin too. Do the same with the honey, concentrating it under the skin; avoid putting the honey on top of the skin.
- On a baking sheet, mix the thyme, carrots, sweet potatoes, fennel, onions and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables out evenly and place the turkey on top of the vegetables. Next, brush the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter all over the turkey and on top of the skin.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then bump the temperature down to 325 degrees F and cook until the meat registers 165 degrees F on a GOOD instant-read thermometer, for another hour or so. Let rest at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the roasted vegetables. The turkey will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, and is perfect for the kids' lunches the following week.
SUNNY'S BACON-WRAPPED HONEY DIJON TURKEY BREAST
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For the brine: Add the salt, sugar and 1 cup warm water to a medium bowl. Whisk until the granules dissolve. Add the turkey, then transfer everything to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or up to overnight.
- For the coating: Add the mustard, mayonnaise, honey and thyme to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Remove the turkey from the brine, then pat dry and let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slather half the coating over the top side of each breast. To wrap the turkey, lay 6 slices of bacon parallel to each other, overlapping slightly, on a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Place a turkey breast, coated-side down, in the middle of the strips, oriented perpendicularly to the bacon. Cover the bottom of the turkey with more coating. Use the parchment or plastic wrap to lift all of the bacon over and around the breast, overlapping the ends. Roll over and release from the parchment, then place on a baking sheet outfitted with a wire rack, bacon-seam-side down. Sprinkle generously with black pepper. Repeat with the remaining bacon and turkey breast.
- Roast the turkey until a meat thermometer reads about 160 degrees F, about 1 hour. Remove and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes, then carve into 1-inch slices.
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
Rather than roast an entire bird, try Ina Garten's Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast for a flavorful alternative. Rosemary, sage and thyme star in this recipe.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. (I test in several places.) If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil. When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.
HONEY-MUSTARD TURKEY BREAST
Honey mustard adds subtle flavor to this moist roasted turkey breast from our Test Kitchen. Don't have honey mustard? Use 1/4 cup each honey and brown mustard.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over turkey. , Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 102mg cholesterol, Sodium 221mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HONEY-BRINED TURKEY BREAST
Here's a traditional turkey breast with a sweet and spicy zest. This moist and savory recipe also makes great leftovers. -Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For brine, place first four ingredients and 4 cups cider in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt is dissolved. Add rosemary; remove from heat. Stir in remaining cider; cool to room temperature., Place one roasting bag inside the other. Place turkey breast inside both bags; add brine. Seal bags, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat turkey. Place in a baking pan. Refrigerate 6-24 hours, turning occasionally., Preheat oven to 325°. Line bottom of a roasting pan with foil. Drain turkey, discarding brine. Place on a rack in prepared pan; pat dry., Roast turkey 30 minutes. Brush with oil; roast until a thermometer reads 170°, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 88mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HONEY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
I like to serve this hot with a nice side dish or throw it in the fridge and serve on a sandwich. If I didn't keep kosher, I would use butter.
Provided by Abba Gimel
Categories Turkey Breasts
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes, allowing the flavor from the sprig on rosemary (I used one that was about 5 inches long) to infuse into the sauce. Remove and keep the sprig of rosemary.
- If you have an injector, inject about 1/2 of the wine/butter/honey mixture into the breast in several locations. Drizzle another 1/4 of the mixture on top of the breast. Season with pepper. I do not use salt because it can draw out some of the moisture of the turkey and it really doesn't need it.
- If you don't have an injector, just pour about 1/2 of the mixture on the breast and then season with pepper.
- Place the sprig of rosemary across the top of the breast.
- Place in an oven preheated to 325 f until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160. This took our oven about 2 hours but keep a close eye on it so you don't dry it into turkey jerkey instead of turkey breast. At about 45 minutes, baste it with some of the remaining butter/wine/honey mixture. At 1hour and 15 minutes start basting it every 30 minutes with the juices from the pan.
- Remove at 160 degrees, discard the rosemary, and wrap the breast in foil for at least 15 minutes but will stay warm for much longer.
STUFFED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH WHITE WINE GRAVY
Here (at last) is a recipe for roasted turkey breast with the visual impact of a whole bird, complete with mahogany skin and drippings for gravy. The technique of sandwiching a layer of bread stuffing between two boneless turkey breasts is adapted from a recipe by Julia Child. It can be served instead of - or alongside, if you have a large group - a traditional Thanksgiving turkey. Don't fuss overmuch about the assembly. Even if the stuffing seems to be escaping, or if the shape is more like a football than a turkey, once the roast is wrapped and baked, it will contract into a neat bundle.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories roasts, main course
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bone the turkey breast: Pull off the skin in one piece, using your fingers to separate the skin from the meat. Turn the breast on one side and use the tip of a sharp knife to carve off the breast in one piece, following the curve of the rib cage. Repeat on the other side. Reserve whole breasts and skin. Alternatively, ask the butcher to do the boning for you.
- Place breastbone and any scraps in a deep pot and cover with cold water. Add about 1 teaspoon salt, bring to a simmer and simmer gently, uncovered, until stock is reduced and flavorful, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Skim occasionally; do not boil. Let stock cool slightly, then strain, discard bones and reserve.
- Assemble and cook the roast: Heat oven to 325 degrees and place rack in lower third of oven. Cut a piece of cheesecloth long enough to leave about 8 inches of overhang at each end of the roasting pan; you will twist and tie these together to secure the roast.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan or microwave. Dip cheesecloth in butter, shake off excess and lay out in roasting pan. Spread out the turkey skin, outer side down, on the cloth.
- Season turkey breasts with salt and pepper and paint with melted butter. Place one breast, cut side up, in the center of the cloth. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 of the stuffing over the meat in a neat layer. (Set aside remaining stuffing in a casserole to bake separately.)
- Top stuffing with the second breast, cut side down, arranging it so that the thick end of the top breast drapes over the tapered end of the bottom one. (This will give the roast an even shape.)
- Lift one end of the skin up and over the roast. Repeat on the other side, so that the skin completely covers the roast. Repeat with the cheesecloth so the sides of the roast are covered.
- Bring up both ends of the cheesecloth so that they meet on top. Twist tightly and tie them together to secure. Turn roast over so that the ends of the cheesecloth are tucked underneath the roast. Slip a rack under the roast to lift it away from the bottom of the pan. Paint again with melted butter and strew onion and carrot around the roast.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 155 degrees, about 2 hours depending on size. Baste every 20 to 30 minutes, first using melted butter, then the fat that collects in the pan.
- After 1 hour of cooking, cover stuffing in casserole with foil and place in the oven with the turkey. Uncover after 30 minutes and cook until heated through and crusty on top.
- When done, the roast will be compact and burnished brown. Remove to a platter and let rest, uncovered, 20 minutes. Cut the cheesecloth along one edge of the roast, then carefully peel it off. Gently lift roast and pull the cheesecloth away from the underside. Cover lightly with foil and return to turned-off oven to keep warm. Stuffing can also remain, covered, in turned-off oven.
- Make the gravy: Heat 3 cups reserved turkey stock. Pour 1/4 cup of the fat from the roasting pan into a large saucepan. (Reserve roasting pan with vegetables separately.) Heat over low heat until bubbling; add flour and cook, whisking, until lightly browned. Turn off heat, let cool 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in 2 cups hot stock. Pour off and discard any additional fat in roasting pan and place on top of the stove over low heat. Pour in wine, vermouth or more stock and cook, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan, for 5 minutes. Pour contents of roasting pan into the gravy in the saucepan and stir together. Simmer until thickened and heated through. Add remaining stock as needed until gravy has the consistency you like. Taste for seasoning; strain.
- To carve the roast, cut it into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with additional stuffing and hot gravy.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 453, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 40 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 654 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
People also searched
More about "honeys mahogany turkey breast food"
HONEY MAPLE TURKEY BREAST | AN EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY …
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
23 BEST TURKEY BREAST RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
SLOW COOKER HONEY-SOY GLAZED TURKEY BREAST | DIETHOOD
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GLAZE - SALT PEPPER …
THE 9 BEST HONEYS OF 2023 - THE SPRUCE EATS
HONEY-MUSTARD TURKEY BREAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GARLIC BUTTER
DARK SOY AND HONEY GLAZED TURKEY ROAST - MARY'S HAPPY BELLY
HERBED HONEY GLAZED TURKEY BREAST - NOT JUST FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY-MAPLE GLAZE - EPICURIOUS
SOY-SAUCE-AND-HONEY-GLAZED TURKEY RECIPE - JOANNE CHANG
HONEY-BRINED AND SMOKED TURKEY RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
MAHOGANY MADEIRA ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HONEY SRIRACHA GLAZED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST
HONEY-LEMON TURKEY RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love