QUICK AND EASY PANCAKES
Golden little pancakes best served warm with your favourite toppings. They come out slightly thinner than typical pancakes; if you'd like them fluffy and thick, increase the flour and baking powder. A middle ground between crepes and pancakes; if you don't use any baking powder, they come out very similarly to crepes and you can use them as wraps for your favorite toppings, or with the baking powder, they're great as traditional flapjacks. Every pancake/waffle lover should have this recipe. If used for waffles, use 2 eggs, 6 tsp sugar, 1 1/3 cups milk, 1 1/3 cups flour, and 3/4 tsp of baking soda 2 1/4 tsp baking powder. Fast, and with only six ingredients, breakfast only gets so much easier. This is my adaptation of various recipes plus my own influence. We had a family recipe for 15 years, but this trumped even that! Hope you enjoy!
Provided by YoungCake
Yield 6-12 Pancakes, 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl or mixing jug, whisk together egg, sugar and half of milk (2/3 cup).
- Add the flour and mix throughly.
- Then add remaining milk (2/3 cup) and baking powder. It should be the consistency of thick cream.
- (Optional): Add 1-1/2 tsp oil if you have trouble with sticking.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour about a soup spoon sized amount onto a pre-heated lightly greased frying pan or griddle (You will need to start about medium high heat but after a few rounds you will need to drop it back to medium).
- Flip with a spatula when the top is all bubbly (should be a lovely golden colour), and cook the other side (~45 seconds/side depending on stovetop).
- Remove from pan and pile up on a plate (cover with a paper towel until served).
- Serve with whatever you like and enjoy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk the butter into the milk mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and whisk until a thick batter is just formed.
- Keeping the skillet at medium heat, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make 1 or 2 more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
- Procedure for adding fruit to pancakes: Once the bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, scatter the surface with sliced or diced fruit, or chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Flip with a spatula and cook for 1 minute more, being careful not to burn toppings.
- Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
This is the best fluffy pancakes recipe according to my family. They are quick and easy to prepare, but we still consider these homemade pancakes a special treat. -Eugene Presley, Council, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 pancakes.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg, milk and shortening; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
Learn a skill for life with our foolproof crêpe recipe that ensures perfect pancakes every time - elaborate flip optional
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Main course
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and caster sugar, or your favourite filling. Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.4 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 804.3 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
SIMPLE ENGLISH PANCAKES
This recipe was given to me at my bridal shower by family friends of my fiance. These pancakes are much thinner than American pancakes, almost like crepes. These pancakes are light and delicious and best of all, easy to make! Cook time includes an hour of refrigeration.
Provided by Babs7
Yield 8 pancakes, 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add salt and stir with a hand whisk.
- Add egg and slowly add milk while stirring.
- (batter will be more runnier than American pancakes).
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Put a little oil in a medium sized frying pan and warm over medium heat, after coating bottom of frying pan, pour out extra oil.
- Pour 1/4 of a cup of batter in the pan and tilt so the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Flip pancakes after about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until batter is gone.
- Serve with lemon and sugar, fruit, or Lyle's golden syrup.
People also searched
More about "how to make pancakes easy food"
THE BEST EASY PANCAKE RECIPE | HOMEMADE PANCAKE …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 467 per serving
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the milk, oil and eggs. Mix well and try to get some of the lumps out of the batter. Don't worry about making it perfectly smooth. It will be fine.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. When heated, scoop the pancake batter recipe into the frying pan with a large spoon to make individual pancakes. The pan will probably only take 1 or two pancakes at a time, depending how large you make them. Cook on one side until the top begins to bubble, then flip the pancake over and cook on the other side.
- The number of pancakes it makes depends on how large you make them, but the recipe serves 2 to 4 people.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PANCAKES | FOOD & HOME MAGAZINE
Servings 10-12Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Breakfast
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES FROM SCRATCH - TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES - FOOD.COM
PANCAKE RECIPE EASY WAY || HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES - YOUTUBE
COOKING TIPS: 5 EASY HACKS TO MAKE PANCAKES FLUFFIER ... - NDTV …
BREAKFAST PANCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PANCAKE AT HOME EASY & QUICK COOKING PANCAKE RECIPE FOR …
HOW TO MAKE EASY HEALTHY PANCAKES IN 20 MINUTES - THE SAVVY …
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT PANCAKES : RECIPES AND COOKING
EASY PANCAKE MUFFINS - 12 WAYS! | BABY FOODE
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY PANCAKES! – BARLOW'S FOODS
ONE-CUP PANCAKES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CAN YOU FREEZE POTATO CAKES? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
CAN YOU FREEZE PANCAKE BATTER? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN CAN YOU FREEZE ...
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE, EASY PANCAKES - POPULAR MECHANICS
EASY HOMEMADE APPLE PANCAKES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES - FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES EASY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make pancakes?This easy recipe for pancakes is fail-proof and works as the perfect base for any and every meal. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs with 1 cup milk and add to the dry ingredients.
How to make French pancakes with flour and eggs?DIRECTIONS Sift flour into a bowl. Add salt and stir with a hand whisk. Add egg and slowly add milk while stirring. (batter will be more runnier than American pancakes). Refrigerate for an hour. Put a little oil in a medium sized frying pan and warm over medium heat, after coating bottom of frying pan, pour out extra oil.
How to cook pancakes on a griddle?Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
How much milk do you add to eggs to make pancakes?Whisk the eggs with 1 cup milk and add to the dry ingredients. The batter should be quite runny, like pouring cream, so add more milk if you need to. Let the batter rest in the fridge while you heat ½ tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan on high.