INSTANT POT® POTATO SALAD
Save yourself time and one less pot to wash by cooking your potatoes and eggs together and in the same pot. I heard about this hack and decided to try it out myself. Not only were the potatoes and eggs cooked perfectly, the shells slipped right off of the eggs, making this a breeze to put together. Feel free to change up the ingredients to suit your go-to potato salad recipe but I highly recommend using this method to cook your potatoes and eggs.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour water into the pot of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and place a steamer basket inside. Place potatoes in the steamer basket. Arrange eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Use tongs to transfer eggs to an ice bath and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine celery, mayonnaise, green onion, mustard, relish, and paprika in a large bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Peel and chop the eggs. Stir eggs and potatoes into the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 72.4 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 183.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
PRESSURE-COOKER POTATO SALAD
I used to rarely make potato salad because it can be somewhat time-consuming, but because of this easy pressure-cooker potato salad recipe, I'll be making it more often! We prefer this salad with unpeeled red potatoes but you can use any potato-with or without the skin. -Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place potatoes and water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Drain; cool completely., In a large bowl, combine remaining 10 ingredients. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. If desired, top with snipped fresh dill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 18g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 471mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EASY INSTANT POT® POTATO SALAD
- Pour water in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Place steamer; add potatoes and eggs. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions and set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Peel eggs, remove egg yolks, and chop egg whites. Mash yolks and whisk with mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl until well combined to form the dressing.
- Combine chopped egg whites, potatoes, and celery; pour in dressing and stir until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives. Refrigerate before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 197.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
INSTANT POTATO SALAD
This is one of the easiest and quickest potato salads you can make. Try it once as posted and next time add or substract items that you think would improve the dish. Do not add too much water to the mixture--add only enough to moisten the potatoes. I can almost guarantee that anyone eating this salad will not know it was made from instant potato flakes. NOTE: Do not use potato buds in recipe--they change the texture.
Provided by Gwanny Hill
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, mix potato flakes, mustard, salt, pickles and celery salt.
- Add enough hot water to mixture--about two cups--to mix the ingredients.
- Mixture should be fairly stiff.
- Cover and let stand about five minutes.
- Add eggs, garlic powder, celery (if using), dill weed, onion, mayonnaise and chopped olives.
- Mix well and chill three or more hours.
- Keep unused portion in refrigerator; will stay fresh up to a week if covered and chilled.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers primarily to chilling time.
People also searched
More about "instant pot potato salad food"
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
5/5 (101)Total Time 45 minsCategory Salad, Side Dish, SnackCalories 299 per serving
- Pressure Cook Potatoes and Eggs: Add 2 ½ tsp fine table salt, 1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar, and 4 cups (1L) cold water in Instant Pot. Submerge all the potato cubes in the water mixture and layer the 3 large eggs on top. Close lid and pressure cook at Low Pressure for 0 minute + Quick Release. Immediately release the pressure and carefully open the lid. *Note: the “get up to pressure” time will take roughly 23 - 24 minutes, and the potatoes and eggs will be done. Taste one of the potato cubes to make sure they're done. If your potato cubes are larger, they may need to sit in the hot water for a few more minutes to finish cooking. Place hard boiled eggs in cold water and gently drain the potato cubes with a colander.
- Prepare Ingredients: While the potatoes and eggs are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. Don’t put away the knife and the chopping board as you will have to finely chop the hard boiled eggs later.
- Cool Potatoes: Gently layer hot potato cubes on a large tray. Drizzle and season potato cubes with 2 tbsp (30ml) rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar while they are hot. Let the potatoes cool for 30 minutes. Finely chop the hard-boiled eggs once they are cool to touch.
- Make Salad Dressing: In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise, finely diced ingredients (red onion, pickle, and celery), finely chopped hard boiled egg, 1 tbsp (15g) whole grain mustard, 1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar, and ½ tsp garlic powder. Mix well with a silicone spatula. Drizzle in the finely chopped fresh dill and mix one more time with a silicone spatula. Gently fold in the cooled potatoes with a silicone spatula. Taste the salad and season with more kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste. Don’t overmix as you don’t want the potato salad to be too mushy. *Pro Tip: You will want the potato salad to be a little on the salty side because putting it in refrigerator will decrease the perception of seasoning. Cover & place potato salad in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. The potatoes will harden a little once they are cooled.
AMAZING POTATO SALAD – INSTANT POT RECIPES
5/5 (10)Servings 8-10Cuisine ModernCategory Dinner
BEST EVER INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD! | TASTE AND SEE
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD | - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD (EASY SIDE DISH) - REAL FOOD …
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - THE PIONEER WOMAN
Servings 6-8Total Time 30 minsCategory Salad, Side Dish
- Add 1 cup of water to the base of the Instant Pot, then place the trivet (included with the Instant Pot) on top.
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (10)Total Time 33 minsCategory Side DishCalories 417 per serving
INSTANT POT BAKED POTATO SALAD - THE FARM GIRL GABS®
INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP | JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS
CREAMY INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD | EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
SIMPLE INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - THE ASHCROFT FAMILY TABLE
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
POTATO SALAD – INSTANT POT RECIPES
QUICK INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - PINTEREST.CA
RICE INSTANT POT RECIPES (RISSOTO, PORRIDGE & MORE)
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - FORK TO SPOON
INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - IFOODREAL.COM
HERE’S WHAT EDITOR IN CHIEF DAWN DAVIS IS COOKING THIS MONTH
THE BEST INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD - THIS OLD GAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato salad in an Instant Pot?How To Make Instant Pot Potato Salad: Step 1: Place a trivet in the bottom of the inner pot. Step 2: Add water, salt and garlic powder to the inner pot and place the potatoes on the trivet. Step 3: Place the eggs on top of the potatoes. Step 4: Set pressure cooking time for 3 minutes on high pressure.
How do you make potato salad with eggs in the Instant Pot?The BEST Instant Pot Potato Salad made with eggs (cooked with potatoes at the same time) in the instant pot. No steamer basket or special equipment needed. Add water and chopped potatoes to the bottom of the instant pot. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes. Secure the instant pot lid and turn the valve to sealing.
How long do you cook potatoes in an Instant Pot?Pour water in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot (R)). Place steamer; add potatoes and eggs. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions and set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
How to cook potatoes in an Instant Pot with vinegar?Stir together the vinegar, salt and sugar until dissolved. Finely chop or grate the onion and add it to this mixture and set aside. Peel the potatoes (or not, if you prefer) and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Put 1 ½ cups water and the salt into the Instant pot and toss in the potatoes.