CHEF JOHN'S SAUSAGE & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA
While true jambalaya is really more of a thicker rice stew than a soup, it's one of those dishes that more stock can be added to easily make it into a soup recipe. Serve garnished with green onion.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place butter and sausage in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
- Stir in paprika, cumin and cayenne; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir tomatoes, celery, green pepper, green onions, salt, and bay leaf into sausage mixture.
- Add brown rice and stir to combine. Stir in chicken stock and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for until rice is just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, replace lid and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.3 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 220.9 mg, Fat 25.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 30.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1909.3 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
My family has enjoyed this delicious Cajun recipe for many years. -Lizzie Whitten, Oak Grove, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In heavy skillet, saute the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and ham; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. , Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 1292mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Add celery, bell pepper, and onion to the bacon drippings, and cook until tender.
- Add the ham, chicken and sausage to the pot, and pour in the tomatoes, beef broth and chicken broth. Season with thyme and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and add the rice. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp and bacon just before serving, and heat through. If you use uncooked shrimp, let it cook for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.3 g, Cholesterol 72.4 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1176.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
JAMBALAYA (SAUSAGE AND BEEF)
- Brown ground meat and sausages.
- Drain and lightly rinse.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to pan and cook 10 minutes with meats.
- Add gravy, water, and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rice, bring to boil for a few minutes.
- Put in pan and cover with foil.
- Bake in 350 for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 932, Fat 47, SaturatedFat 17.3, Cholesterol 143.4, Sodium 2751.9, Carbohydrate 75.4, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 4.5, Protein 49.2
SMOKED SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the Dutch oven and brown on each side, about 8 minutes total. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Add sausage, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and thyme and saute until translucent and sausage is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, and reserved chicken, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook on low, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let rice stand, covered, 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Fluff rice with fork and stir in green onions and parsley.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
Adapted from Cooking Light. You can use Andouille, Kielbasa, or Italian Sausage. My first time making this, I used a venison sausage.
Provided by KelBel
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, onion, celery, and bay leaves; cook until vegetables are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and next 8 ingredients (through garlic); cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Stir in green onions.
If you like cabbage, you are going to love this! It's meaty, it's got flavor, but it's not too spicy. Feel free to add more heat if you like. Just put a tiny amount of cayenne in, but be sure to taste before you add any more. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, smoked sausage, celery, onion, and garlic until beef is evenly brown.
- Stir in cabbage,tomatoes, water and rice.
- Season with garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is done.
LOUISIANA SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
Oh Boy, is this one good! It's a simple, but very authentic Louisiana jambalaya recipe given to me by a friend who grew up in New Orleans! Nice and spicy!
Provided by Grace Lynn
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice.
- Bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
SMOKED SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
- Cook sausage in Dutch oven until browned; remove from skillet and discard drippings.
- Combine ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sausage.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water to meat-vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
People also searched
More about "jambalaya sausage and beef food"
BEEF JAMBALAYA - BEEF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Cuisine Creole/CajunCategory EntréeServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season beef Blade Chuck Roast pieces and beef sausage with Cajun seasoning. Brown beef pieces; set aside. Brown beef sausage; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same stock pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook 7 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire, salt, file powder, red pepper, black pepper and bay leaf. Add beef and sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is heated through. Stir in hot sauce. Garnish with green onions and parsley, as desired.
JAMBALAYA RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF AND SAUSAGE RECIPES
4/5 Calories 426 per servingServings 4
SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WHAT KIND OF SAUSAGE TO USE FOR JAMBALAYA - HOME KITCHEN TALK
SHRIMP AND BEEF JAMBALAYA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPE FOR JAMBALAYA WITH SAUSAGE FOOD
GROUND BEEF JAMBALAYA – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
9 BEST SAUSAGES FOR JAMBALAYA: OUR Nº1 CHOICE! - HOTSALTY
JAMBALAYA SAUSAGE AND BEEF RECIPES
JAMBALAYA (SAUSAGE AND BEEF) RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
You'll also love