JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN
My grandmother's recipe for roasted chicken. We are German and she used to do it this way all the time. I never have had a chicken this juicy before; this little trick works and makes the people eating it go silent. It's funny. We nibble on the celery after.
Provided by ROBINROCKINGBIRD
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Fat 32.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 661.9 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
EASY JUICY CHICKEN BREAST
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap or place in a large resealable bag. Pound the chicken to an even thickness with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet. Sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the skillet. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 1 minute without moving. Flip and cook for another minute. Add the chicken stock, cover with the lid and transfer to the oven. Cook, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Set the skillet on the stovetop (no heat) with the lid still on; let sit for 8 minutes more, without lifting the lid. After 8 minutes, the chicken should be at 165 degrees F. Slice and serve.
KITTENCAL'S BEST JUICY WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
Follow this recipe and you will have the best juiciest roasted chicken on the planet, a larger roasting chicken may be used and this also works well with a small turkey with cooking times adjusted --- plan ahead for best flavor if using seasoned salt the chicken should chill overnight if using white salt there is no need for chilling time --- OPTIONAL get a lemon or two, use a fork and poke full of holes, then place into the cavity of the chicken, roast as stated, the chicken will be moist and have a faint lemon flavor.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash chicken well with cold water inside and out.
- Pat dry using paper towels.
- In a bowl mix together 1/4 cup melted butter with vegetable oil, then rub all over the outside of the chicken.
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Season the outside of the chicken with seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder (if using).
- Place the chicken into a glass dish; cover top of the dish tightly with plastic wrap.
- For best flavor cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Stuff onion quarters, chopped celery and/or a whole lemon/s and 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter into the cavity of the chicken, then tie legs together with butcher's twine or heavy cotton string.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan (for extra juicy breast place breast side down on rack).
- Pour the low-sodium chicken broth into bottom of the roasting pan (keeps drippings from burning and makes a good base for gravy).
- Tent loosely with heavy foil.
- Set oven to 350°.
- Roast for about 1 hr and 10 minutes, basting with juice/liquid from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Uncover and roast for about 20 minutes more (uncovered) or until internal temperature reaches 180°.
- Remove from oven and let rest (covered with foil) for about 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.2, Fat 46, SaturatedFat 16.1, Cholesterol 155.3, Sodium 255.2, Carbohydrate 3.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.1, Protein 31.6
AMAZINGLY JUICY AND FLAVORFUL ROASTED CHICKEN
This is the juciest, best flavored roasted chicken I have ever made, or ever eaten! I have been experiementing, and It has turned out with the exact same wonderful results 3 times in a row now.. so I'm confident that anyone can make this with the same results. Never again will I purchase a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken! It's so easy too!
Provided by BETHANY T.
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Night before:
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix salts, garlic powder and black pepper together.
- Liberally rub outside of chicken with salt mixture, then put the remaining salt mixture inside of the chicken cavity. Don't be afraid of the salt! Remember, we want the bird seasoned all the way through! I promise that it wont be salty. You may even want to use extra salt in the cavity, especially if you are using kosher salt.
- Put into a plastic bag and chill in fridge overnight. The longer the better.
- Day Of:.
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Put butter, lemon and garlic into cavity. You can also use herbs, onion etc.
- Pat outside of chicken dry, then rub the chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning on all sides. (Makes it really pretty when done).
- Place chicken in a roaster with a rack breast side up.
- Bake uncovered for approx 20 min per pound, or until thermometer in thickest part of thigh is between 175 to 180 degrees f.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Remove bird from oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes, the longer the rest time, the jucier the chicken gets, so do not skip this step! It wont be juicy if it doesn't rest!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.8, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 125.7, Sodium 998.9, Carbohydrate 1.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 28.8
MOIST ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN
I found a version of this recipe online somewhere and used it to take a roasted chicken to church for a special sampling of foods you can get from ordering foods from Angel Food Ministries. (http://www.angelfoodministries.com/) Everyone raved about it and since I am going to roast one for home today I decided to add the recipe here too. This is a well seasoned bird which is cooked with high heat for the first 20 minutes then cooked the remaining 40-50 minutes at a lower temperature. This makes the chicken nice and moist and very flavorful. It's easy and quick to prepare as well.
Provided by CarrolJ
Yield 1 whole chicken, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees before starting to prepare the chicken.
- Place the whole chicken into a medium sized baking pan.
- Rub the entire bird with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and paprika, then sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- In the preheated oven bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 400 degrees.
- Continue baking for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- If your chicken looks like it is browning too quickly, Lay a sheet of tin foil over the top loosely and it will slow down the browning for you.
- Let the chicken rest in it's juices for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving. (This let's the bird reabsorb some of the juices and helps to make it even more moist.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.8, Fat 16.8, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 53.5, Sodium 632, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.1, Protein 12.8
People also searched
More about "juicy roasted chicken food"
EASY JUICY ROAST CHICKEN (WHOLE CHICKEN) • ZONA COOKS
4.4/5 (26)Calories 274 per servingCategory Chicken-Poultry
- Remove the package containing the liver, heart, gizzard, and neck from the cavity of the chicken. Discard or use however you like.
JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN TRICK: SIMPLE ROASTED CHICKEN …
4.8/5 (10)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main Course
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place breast side down in non-stick roasting pan .
JUICY BUTTERMILK ROAST CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
JUICY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Shirley CorriherSteps 8Difficulty 4 hr 20 min
ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO ROAST JUICY CHICKEN IN THE OVEN
HOW LONG TO COOK A ROAST CHICKEN? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
JUICY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SIMPLE ULTRA JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN – FOOD 400°
JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN AL PASTOR RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - MOIST & JUICY CHICKEN EVERY TIME
JUICY ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE | QUICK AND TASTY FOOD
THE ULTIMATE JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE 🍽 - YOUTUBE
JUICY ROASTED CHICKEN - FOOD SWIZZLE
JUICY WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN - HEALTHYISH FOODS
MAYO ROASTED CHICKEN - EASY TO MAKE RECIPE
HONEY MUSTARD INSTANT POT CHICKEN STEW – COOKIN' WITH MIMA
CHICKEN CHEESEBURGERS WITH GREEN GARLIC DRESSING - KETO - DIET …
WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN - JUICY EVERY TIME - PETER'S FOOD …
CHICKEN ROAST | FRIED CHICKEN NEPALI STYLE JUICY & CRISP | NEPALI …
JUICY WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN - CHEF ALLI
You'll also love