CHICKPEA CURRY (VEGAN -PRESSURE COOKER)
A few minor changes to suit taste, based on a recipe by Suzanne Gibbs in her book "the Pressure Cooker". A super easy vegan cury that's great served with pappadums and rice or naan breads (if you can have wheat). Gluten-free and vegan. A mild recipe....add extra spices in if you like a warmer curry. Kids and meat-lovers will enjoy this one. The original recipe calls for 2 potatoes. This recipe uses cooked chickpeas as the addition of salt and acidic tomatoes inhibits the cooking of beans
Provided by Jubes
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over high heat. Cook the cumin seeds for approx 30 seconds or until they start to crackle.
- Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. The onion should be golden and soft.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the garlic and other spices.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except garnish).
- Close and lock the lid. Bring to high pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to stabilise the pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure and serve with a sprig of coriander or a sprinkle of parsley. Serve with steamed basmati rice, naan or pappadums.
- NOTE: to cook dried beans. Overnight soak, drain water, place into pressure cooker, cover with fresh water and cook on low pressure for 10 minutes. I soaked 2 cups dried chickpeas and result was a little over 4 cups cooked beans. Canned/tinned chickpeas can be used if desired- be sure to drain and wash them well.
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
A very easy curry which doesn't take a lot of effort to prepare. It is low GI so will leave you feeling fuller for longer. It is quite a dry curry when made, I like to serve it over brown rice and then the next day eat the remainder cold wrapped in a chapatti with some sour cream.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Increase the heat and stir in the spinach and lemon juice.
- When the spinach has wilted - serve.
JUST RIGHT SPINACH & CHICKPEA CURRY (VEGAN) - CHOLE PALAK
I called this just right because it was just the right recipe for the amount of time I wanted to spend on cooking it, and it has just the right amount of ingredients, mainly pantry staples so I wasn't scrounging around for substitutes. I found this on www.manjulaskitchen.com ... she has some fabulous recipes, very easy to follow. I made her parathas as well, best ever for me. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by magpie diner
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pull out your blender, a small one if you have it, and combine the tomatoes, the ginger and the fresh chili if you are using. Puree until completely smooth the set aside.
- In a medium sized saute pan over medium heat, add the oil. Once the oil is hot add in the asofetida followed by the whole cumin seeds. Stir - and once the spices are sizzling, add in the tomato mixture. Be careful, it will splatter. Mix to combine - it takes quite a few stirs to get it combined so don't worry. Let that saute a few minutes.
- Add the next three spices, (coriander, chili powder & turmeric) as well as the salt. Mix that together and let it all mingle together over medium low heat for about 10 minutes. It will reduce down a bit and the colour will begin to get darker.
- Add in the fresh chopped spinach, followed by about 1/4 cup of water. Add up to 1/2 cup of water if you wish. Let that cook another few minutes and then add your chickpeas. You can mash some of the chickpeas with the back of a spoon if you like, it makes the gravy thicker.
- The last ingredient is the garam masala, add it in and simmer for a few more minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if you like. That's it!
People also searched
More about "just right spinach chickpea curry vegan chole palak food"
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY (CHANA PALAK) - LEELALICIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Push onion to side and add the other tablespoon of oil (if it is all absorbed). Add the cumin seeds and toast until they crackle. Then add minced garlic, bay leaves, coriander powder, ginger, and chili powder. Toast the spices for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the fresh spinach - in batches if necessary (and 1/4 - 1/2 cup water it seems too dry), stir until wilted and softened.
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY • THE CURIOUS CHICKPEA
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green chilies and cook in for 1 minute, then addd the curry powder, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas, cashew beverage, and vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and breaking down.
- Add the spinach in batches, letting it wilt to fit before adding more. Once all spinach is added let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until spinach is very tender and flavors have melded.
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY (CHANA PALAK MASALA) - THE FIERY …
Reviews 468Calories 417 per servingCategory Lunch And Dinner
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high setting. Sauté the finely chopped onion until golden.
- Add the crushed garlic and grated ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic doesn't smell raw anymore.
- Mix in the next four ingredients (ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne) and toast for two minutes stirring often.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Increase the heat to high and once boiling, lower to medium-low to maintain at a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
CHOLE PALAK (CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH) - MANJULA'S KITCHEN
Reviews 185Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SPINACH + CHICKPEA CURRY - SO VEGAN
CHOLE PALAK CURRY RECIPE (VEGAN SPINACH CHICKPEA …
PALAK CHOLE RECIPE (SPINACH & CHICKPEA CURRY)
PALAK CHOLE | SPINACH WITH CHICKPEAS - DASSANA'S VEG …
PALAK CHOLE: INDIAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY [VEGAN, …
INSTANT POT CHANA SAAG - CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY - VEGAN CHICKPEA CURRY - PALAK CHOLE
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY (PALAK CHANA) | COOK CLICK N DEVOUR!!!
JUST RIGHT SPINACH CHICKPEA CURRY VEGAN CHOLE PALAK
SPINACH CURRY WITH CHICKPEAS - CHOLE PALAK RECIPE - YOUTUBE
JUST RIGHT SPINACH CHICKPEA CURRY VEGAN CHOLE PALAK RECIPES RECIPE
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love