GREEK-STYLE LAMB WITH RICE
This simple recipe, made with ground lamb, borrows some of the flavors from Greek specialties, but takes only a few minutes to put together and serve for a speedy supper. Serve with a Greek style salad for a complete meal. This also freezes well.
Provided by Miss Annie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large, nonstick skillet, brown the ground lamb with onion and garlic.
- When lamb is no longer pink, tip pan and with spoon remove any accumulated fat.
- Stir in tomato puree, water, cinnamon and oregano.
- Sprinkle with pepper; bring just to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- Add more water if it seems too thick.
- To serve, mound rice on serving plates and top with lamb mixture.
- To freeze: Combine lamb and rice and put into freezer container.
HALAL CART LAMB
You can find halal carts all over New York City. Originally run by Egyptian immigrants (but now by many others as well), halal carts offer a delicious combination of rice, halal meat (which has been slaughtered in accordance with Islamic laws) and salad in a bowl, topped with a delicious white sauce and some hot sauce if requested. While many go for the chicken, I almost always order the lamb. Small pieces of boneless lamb shoulder are marinated in a combination of garlic, cilantro, spices and lemon for tenderness and great flavor. If you are making it at home, I strongly suggest marinating the lamb for 8 hours for maximum impact, but a shorter time will also impart plenty of flavor. Cooking the meat in a cast-iron skillet gives every piece nice caramelization.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put the cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, coriander, sumac, allspice, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric and garlic in a large bowl and stir well. Add the lamb and give it a good stir to make sure all the pieces are coated with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add half of the lamb and spread it into one layer, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is fully cooked, brown and caramelized on all sides, about 15 minutes. Toss the lamb with 1/2 teaspoon salt and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining lamb. Serve with yellow rice, white sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and pita.
SPICED LAMB PILAF
Make the most of Sunday's leftover roast lamb in this colourful spiced rice one-pot from BBC Good Food Magazine reader Karolina McCallan
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft and translucent, about 15 mins. Add the garlic and spices, and stir in for 2 mins.
- Crumble the stock cubes into 1.2 litres of just-boiled water. Add the rice and shredded lamb to the pan. Stir well to coat the grains in the oil and spices, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and lower the heat. Cook for 12 mins or until the rice is tender and the stock absorbed.
- Once the rice is ready, remove from the heat and add the raisins, spring onions, tomatoes and herbs, mixing well. Season to taste and serve topped with more herbs, almonds and a drizzle of natural yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 992 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 110 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 48 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
LEBANESE LAMB AND RICE
I got this recipe from a Jordanian friend of mine. The rice mixture(without the lamb and after it has been cooked) can also be stuffed into baking hens before baking. It's delicious served with Pita bread, hummus and Mediteranian olives.
Provided by L. Duch
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Brown lamb in a bit of butter and set aside.
- Saute' onion in rest of butter, until tender.
- Add the rice, then saute' until rice is barely golden brown.
- Add the water, pinenuts, cinnamon, allspice, cooked lamb and salt.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low, cook 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- NOTE: This can be used with lamb that is cut up in bite size pieces also.
- If there is a bone in the lamb, you can add more flavor to the dish by browning the bone and letting it cook with the rice, then remove the bone when serving the dish (but of course you know that).
LEFTOVER LAMB & RICE CASSEROLE
I like to cook boneless leg of lamb, but with just two of us there are always leftovers. This satisfying casserole is easy to put together and tastes great. I use canned gravy for this dish.
Provided by Jean R
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium frying pan saute the onion in butter until soft and lightly browned.
- In a medium sized casserole combine the sauteed onions with the remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
LAMB KORMA OVER RICE
In the 16th century the Turkish Mongois settled in the northern plains of India, bringing with them their Moghul cuisine. It is famous for splendid yogurt and cream sauces, the delicate use of highly fragrant spices, and distinctive cooking methods for meat dishes. Korma is the cooking method of braising the meat. Lamb is hard to come by here, so I've subbed pork successfully. Serve with hot cooked rice and Recipe #482649 482649.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet cook chopped onion, garlic, and gingerroot in hot Usli Ghee or cooking oil till the onion is tender but not brown.
- Combine 1 tsp garam masala, cumin, mace, salt, cinnamon, turmeric,paprika, and red pepper; stir into the onion mixture. Remove from the pan.
- Brown the meat, half at a time, in hot Usli Ghee or oil. Add more Usli Ghee or oil to the skillet, if necessary. Drain off the excess fat. Return the meat and onion mixture to the pan. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer about 1 1/4 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring frequently to keep the mixture from sticking. If the mixture gets too thick while cooking, add 1 more tablespoon of water.
- Stir together the yogurt, sour cream, and flour; stir the mixture into the skillet and heat through, but do not boil.
- To serve, transfer the meat mixture to a heated serving dish and sprinkle cilantro on top. Serve with hot cooked rice and sweet tomato chutney.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.9, Fat 37.9, SaturatedFat 18.8, Cholesterol 116.5, Sodium 385.4, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 4, Protein 21.2
People also searched
More about "lamb over rice food"
LAMB & RICE - EATINGWELL
Servings 6Total Time 10 hrs 15 minsAuthor Eatingwell Test KitchenCalories 330 per serving
- Trim fat from lamb and cut meat into 2-inch cubes. Place lamb in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, garlic, chile pepper, ginger, coriander, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper (if desired). Pour mixture over lamb in cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours. Using a slotted spoon, serve lamb over hot cooked rice. Skim fat from cooking liquid in cooker and discard fat. Drizzle liquid over lamb and rice just before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
MY FIRST TIME COOKING LAMB OVER RICE FROM JORDAN
Author Kevin All OverViews 22.9K
20 DELICIOUS LAMB AND RICE RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION
Cuisine American, Greek, MoroccanTotal Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 600 per serving
XINJIANG CUMIN LAMB STIR FRY | RECIPETIN EATS
Cuisine ChineseTotal Time 18 minsCategory MainsCalories 358 per serving
LEBANESE LAMB AND RICE | RICARDO
LAMB OVER RICE CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS | MYFITNESSPAL
CALORIES IN LAMB OVER RICE AND NUTRITION FACTS - MYNETDIARY
15 HALAL LAMB OVER RICE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
LAMB OVER RICE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
21 LAMB OVER RICE RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
LEFTOVER LAMB CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAMB OVER RICE, WHITE SAUCE NO LETTUCE - MYFITNESSPAL
LAMB OVER RICE | THEM BITES
RECIPES FOR RAMADAN: BEYZA KOCA’S ALI NAZIK (TURKISH LAMB WITH …
HOW TO MAKE QOZI (LAMB DISH OVER RICE) (ASSYRIAN FOOD)
HALAL CART WHITE SAUCE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
LAMB CURRY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5 UNMISSABLE FOODS THAT UNLOCK JORDAN’S CULINARY SCENE
NYC HALAL TRUCK LAMB PLATTER - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love