LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT-GARLIC SAUCE
An easy Lamb Souvlaki recipe with Yogurt-Garlic Sauce. This dish, created by Jim Botsacos, executive chef at New York City's Molyvos restaurant, is a winner. It offers vitamins C and B6 and folate.
Provided by Jim Botsacos
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For souvlaki, mix first 5 ingredients to make a marinade and set aside. Distribute lamb, bell peppers, onion and tomatoes among 8 skewers. Place in a large shallow pan with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, rotating skewers once. Heat a gas grill to medium, or use a charcoal grill and allow the coals to turn a light-ash color. Coat grill with cooking spray. Grill until lamb is medium rare and lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes. Rotate to cook evenly. To cook in oven, broil on metal skewers 6 minutes, rotating until evenly browned. Grill or toast pitas. For sauce, puree cucumbers and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Place in a fine-screen colander and squeeze out the juice. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Whisk cucumber and lemon juices in a bowl with yogurt. Mix in garlic; season with salt and pepper. Serve with pitas and skewers.
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH TZATZIKI
- Place the meat in a non-reactive bowl. Mix together the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon oregano, garlic, and grated onion, and pour over the meat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Thread the meat onto metal or bamboo skewers.
- Heat the oil on a griddle or in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, remaining teaspoon oregano and Essence to the griddle and cook light brown, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan.
- Preheat a grill. Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Remove from the grill. Quickly heat the pita bread on the grill until just warmed through and pliant. Holding a pita in the left hand, and the skewer in the right hand, pull the contents from the skewer into the pita bread. Repeat with the remaining skewers. Divide the cooked onions among the pita, and top with Tzatziki (cucumber sauce). Serve immediately.
- Put the cucumber in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and drain for 1 hour. Put the yogurt in another strainer set over a bowl and drain for 1 hour. Combine the cucumber and yogurt in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking, by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
People also searched
More about "lamb souvlaki with yogurt garlic sauce food"
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH A GARLICKY YOGHURT SAUCE - HONEST …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH GARLIC YOGHURT SAUCE | THE NEFF KITCHEN
Servings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GREEK LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH A GARLIC YOGURT DIP - CAFE DELITES
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 241 per serving
- Combine the oil together with the herbs and spices, garlic and lemon juice; whisk well Mix the lamb through to coat evenly. Cover with wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours (or over night for a deeper flavour).
- Heat a separate Grill pan on low-medium heat; brush with oil and place bread (two at a time) onto pan; flipping once until heated through.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix until combined. Squeeze over some lemon juice (about 1/2 teaspoon or more) and set aside.
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT-GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | SELF
Servings 4Calories 445 per servingEstimated Reading Time 1 min
LAMB SOUVLAKI, TZATZIKI SAUCE | METRO
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT GARLIC SAUCE | GARLIC SAUCE, STUFFED …
LAMB SOUVLAKI, TZATZIKI SAUCE | METRO
YOGURT GARLIC SAUCE FOR KEBABS - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
15 GYRO GARLIC SAUCE - SELECTED RECIPES
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT-GARLIC SAUCE | RECIPE | SOUVLAKI RECIPE, …
GREEK LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH A GARLIC YOGURT DIP | GREEK LAMB …
GREEK LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH GARLIC YOGURT DIP RECIPE
LAMB SOUVLAKIA WITH YOGURT GARLIC DIP - WHOLE FOODS …
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH CREAMY YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE
TURKEY SOUVLAKI WITH GARLIC-YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEMONY YOGURT LAMB SOUVLAKI – LAMB RECIPES
15 HOW TO MAKE TZATZIKI SAUCE FOR GYROS - SELECTED RECIPES
LAMB SOUVLAKI WITH YOGURT-GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love