WASABI CRUSTED SCALLOPS
- To make the coulis: Heat the canola oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the shallots, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until the shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sesame oil, plum wine, lobster stock, coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, and simmer until the flavors blend and the mixture reduces by about one-quarter, about 8 minutes. Add the mango puree and season with lime juice and salt. Simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes then strain and set aside in a warm place.
- To make the crust: In a spice grinder or mortar, grind the mustard and coriander seeds with the peppercorns and wasabi peas. Adjust the seasoning with wasabi powder and salt.
- Shortly before serving roll the scallops in the crust. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until they begin to crisp then flip. Cook the scallops until they are crisp on all sides. Spoon the scallops onto warm plates. Spoon coulis around the scallops and serve.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and scallops, stirring to combine, and cook 3 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour half-and-half, salt, and pepper into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over seafood mixture and continue stirring another minute. Remove from heat.
- Toss cooked pasta into the pan, coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.7 g, Cholesterol 157.6 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 37.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 750.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
CREAMY BAY SCALLOP SPAGHETTI
This scallop and spaghetti dinner with a creamy sauce is fast and easy. I cook the scallops a bit longer than many chefs, but that's gives the dish more flavor and they're still tender and moist. I think you'll agree, the sherry sauce benefits significantly from the longer cook time.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Seafood Shellfish Scallops
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes or 1 minute less than directed on the package.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. When oil just starts to smoke, add scallops and move them into a single layer. Let sear on high for 60 seconds. Toss to turn. Add butter and stir scallops until butter melts. Stir in garlic. Add lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Stir in sherry and cook and stir until alcohol cooks off, about 1 minute. Pour in cream. When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat to medium-low. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to skillet with scallops; bring to a simmer. Add half the parsley. Cook until pasta is heated through and tender, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Grate generously with grated cheese. Add the rest of the parsley. Serve in warm bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671.2 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 166.4 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 37.8 g, SaturatedFat 18.3 g, Sodium 572.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ORANGE GLAZED SCALLOPS
One of my new inventions this dish is awesome! I invented on New Years Day that I was spending at Lake Norman, NC. with my boyfriend then I wanted to surprise him and make something different for dinner so I came up with the idea of making scallops. This orange glaze pairs up so well with scallops. So easy to make yet delicious. You must try!!!
Provided by Brazilianflavor in
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small sauce pan add the 3 Tbsp of butter, orange juice, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and minced garlic then bring to boil for 2 minutes then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Sit aside.
- Wash and gently dry the scallops then season with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- In a hot frying pan add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to melt then add the scallops let it cook for about 3-4 minutes each side then add the orange glaze then flip one more time.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fresh steamed veggies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.6, Fat 30.4, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 82.7, Sodium 1723.2, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 5.3, Protein 11.9
LIME GLAZED SCALLOPS ON CREAMY WASABI FETTUCCINE
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Chop 1/4 c. of the ginger and reserve. Remove connective muscle from each scallop and discard. Pat dry. Toss scallops with lime peel, garlic and a little salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over med-hi heat. Add the scallops about one third at a time and cook without disturbing, for about 2 minutes or until deep golden. Turn and cook the flip side a further 2 minutes or until cooked through and deeply golden. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining scallops. Blend wasabi with 2 T. of cream to make a paste. Pour remaining cream into the skillet used to cook the scallops. Add butter and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and whisk in wasabi paste, chopped ginger and parmesan (if using). Add noodles and cooked callops. Toss to coat in sauce. Adjust salt and pepper o taste. Transfer to pasta bowls and garnish with rosettes made from the remaining pickled ginger and sprinkle with clives.
GLAZED SEA SCALLOPS WITH WILTED NAPA CABBAGE COLESLAW
Make and share this Glazed Sea Scallops With Wilted Napa Cabbage Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mercy
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, toss the cabbage, carrot, and scallion with 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture.
- Remove tough muscles from side of each scallop if necessary.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy non-stick skillet just large enough to hold scallops in one layer, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallops until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer scallops to a bowl and add remaining soy sauce mixture to skillet and boil until reduced to a glaze.
- Add glaze to scallops and toss to coat well.
- Remove scallops and keep warm then add the slaw to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, just until cabbage is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season slaw with salt and pepper.
- Serve slaw topped with scallops and garnished with scallion greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.4, Fat 21.5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 37.5, Sodium 467.2, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.3, Protein 21.3
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH LIME
From Runners World Magazine. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of white wine but I like it with a little less.
Provided by Babs7
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry.
- Remove and discard each "foot" (tough piece on the side of each scallop).
- Put the scallops in a glass bowl and toss with basil, zest, cumin, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place scallops in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the wine over the top.
- Lightly cover the scallops with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the scallops are cooked though and tops are nicely browned.
LIME SCALLOPS AND ORZO
Make and share this Lime Scallops and Orzo recipe from Food.com.
Provided by cookiecutter _
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fill a large pot 3/4 with water and bring to a boil. Add orzo and dill sprigs and cook until orzo is al dente (about 10 minutes), or according to package directions. Remove 1 cup cooking water. Drain orzo. Remove and discard dill sprigs.
- Coat a wok with cooking spray, add the oil, and place over medium-high heat. When hot, add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add scallops, orzo and reserved cooking water and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has been evaporated and scallops are opaque throughout (4 - 5 minutes).
- Stir in pepper, chopped dill, lime juice, lime zest, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.4, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 25, Sodium 133.6, Carbohydrate 60.9, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2, Protein 22.9
More about "lime glazed scallops on creamy wasabi fettuccine food"
SCALLOP CRUDO WITH WASABI-GINGER SAUCE RECIPE - ERIC …
5/5 Total Time 15 minsAuthor Eric Ripert
CREAMY TUSCAN SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
TEQUILA LIME SEARED SCALLOPS PASTA - SWEET & SAVORY
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LIME BLACK GARLIC SAUCE
SCALLOPS ON THE HALF SHELL WITH WASABI LIME VINAIGRETTE
Author Ming TsaiDifficulty Easy
KETO SESAME SCALLOPS WITH WASABI MAYO - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
GLAZED SCALLOPS WITH ALMONDS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LIME-BUTTERED SCALLOPS | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER LIME SAUCE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
SCALLOP CARPACCIO (WASABI GINGER LIME DRESSING) - NOMSS.COM
BALSAMIC-GLAZED SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH LIME RECIPE - JAN NEWBERRY - FOOD & WINE
GG'S HOT MAYONNAISE-GLAZED SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LIME GLAZED SCALLOPS ON CREAMY WASABI FETTUCCINE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #pasta #seafood #canadian #easy #dinner-party #stove-top #dietary #scallops #british-columbian #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #equipment
You'll also love