Aloha! Here in Hawaii, malasadas are the ONLY donuts we have! They are sold at fundraisers and are very popular. There are many Portuguese descendants in the islands. Onolicious!
Provided by IDAJ
Categories Bread Yeast Bread Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat eggs until thick.
- Put flour in large bowl, making a well in the center. Into the well add yeast, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, milk, 1 cup water, and salt. Beat thoroughly to form a soft, smooth dough. Cover, let dough rise until doubled.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drop dough by big teaspoonfuls into oil, fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, shake in a bag of sugar to coat, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 15.6 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 40 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast with 1/4 cup lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix until the yeast dissolves then set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, vanilla, eggs, and butter and reserve.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with 11/3 cup sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the yeast and milk mixture into the well. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, forming a soft, smooth dough. Cover the dough with a clean towel and set aside to rise in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down, then with oiled fingers, pinch off pieces about the size golf balls. Place the dough balls on greased baking sheets. Cover the malasadas with a clean towel and set aside to rise in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- In a heavy, high-sided pot, heat a bout 2 inches of oil over medium-high until the oil reaches 325 degrees F. Working in small batches, fry the malasadas until they are uniformly golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes per batch. Drain the malasadas on a plate lined with paper towels just until they are cool enough to handle then roll them in cinnamon sugar and serve.
More about "malasadas dois food"
ALL ABOUT THE MALASADA, HAWAI‘I'S FAVORITE FRIED TREAT - EATER
Author Tammie TeclemariamEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
MALASADAS (LEONARD'S BAKERY COPYCAT RECIPE!) - RASA …
Ratings 623Calories 238 per servingCategory American Recipes
MALASADAS (FRIED DOUGH WITH YEAST) - RECIPE - OH, THAT'S …
MALASADAS | TRADITIONAL SWEET PASTRY FROM AZORES, …
MALASADAS (PLAIN OR HAUPIA FILLED): LEONARD’S BAKERY …
MALASADA - WIKIPEDIA
Place of origin PortugalVariations Bola de Berlim (Berlin Ball), Farturas, Filhoses, SonhosRegion or state São Miguel, Azores
AUTHENTIC MALASADAS (HAWAIIAN DONUTS) - SIMMER + SAUCE
MALASADAS (HAWAIIAN AND PORTUGUESE DOUGHNUT) RECIPE - THE …
MALASSADAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
FRINKFOOD - MALASADAS DOIS
MALASADAS DOIS - REVIEW BY EILEEN CM - ALLRECIPES.COM
MALASADAS DOIS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, EVERYDAY FOOD - PINTEREST
16 MALASADAS DOIS RECIPES - GOFOODFOOD.CC
MALASADAS DOIS | PUNCHFORK
MALASADAS DOIS - DONUTSRECIPES.COM
MALASADAS DOIS - REVIEW BY PUPPITYPUP - ALLRECIPES.COM
BEST VEGAN MALASADAS (PORTUGUESE DONUTS) RECIPE - FOOD …
EASY HAWAIIAN STYLE MALASADAS RECIPE - KEEPING IT RELLE
MALASADAS - JO COOKS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love