Making a compound of unsalted butter and the salty, fungal deliciousness of Japanese miso paste is a surefire way of adding immense flavor to a simple weeknight meal. Here the mixture is spread over chicken thighs, which are then roasted to golden perfection. But you could easily use it on salmon or flounder, on corn or potatoes. The recipe calls for white miso, which is more mild than the aged version known as red miso. But you could certainly use red for a more intense result.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine butter, miso, honey, rice vinegar and black pepper in a large bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon until it is well combined.
- Add chicken to the bowl and massage the miso-butter mixture all over it. Place the chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan and slide it into the oven. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken pieces over once or twice, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, and the internal temperature of the meat is 160 to 165 degrees.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 864, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 63 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 54 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 1525 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 1 gram
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Combine marinade ingredients with 1 tablespoon water; pour over meat. Chill, covered, 1 to 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade; drain excess. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad .
MISO HONEY CHICKEN
It's not hard to make a great marinade with just a few ingredients, as long as one of those ingredients is the magical miso. This super savory paste, made from fermented rice, barley, and soybeans, isn't that hard to find. While the marinade is simple, the flavors are anything but.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine miso and honey in a bowl. Pour in rice vinegar, followed by hot sauce and salt. Whisk well until mostly smooth. Add chicken halves; cut 3 to 4 slashes into the legs and thighs. Toss chicken in the marinade until well coated. Refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
- Flip chicken over in the bowl. Sprinkle more kosher salt on top.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) over indirect heat. Add chicken and cover. Grill for 20 minutes and flip chicken over. Cover and grill for another 20 minutes. Brush the excess marinade on top. Cover again and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Plate chicken alongside lemon wedges sprinkled with cayenne pepper. Squeeze some spicy lemon over the chicken as you cut it up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.6 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 102.5 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 1119.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
This dish used to be an entree at Zippy's restaurant, but was later removed from the menu. Taken from the Honolulu Advertiser. Cook time is minimum marinating time.
Provided by Pikake21
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken and marinate 2 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken until cooked through.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.2, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 125.9, Sodium 131.3, Carbohydrate 9.6, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 8.3, Protein 30
People also searched
More about "miso chicken food"
MISO CHICKEN (EASY 30-MINUTE RECIPE) - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
4.1/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 665 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine miso paste, ⅓ of the garlic, ⅓ of the ginger and 2 Tablespoons water; stir to thoroughly combine. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan and spread miso mixture on the top. Cook 20-22 minutes, or until browned and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165-degrees.
- While chicken roasts, in a small pot, bring rice, a big pinch of salt and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Once chicken has roasted for 10 minutes, in a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are lightly browned. Add the remaining garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute, or until softened and fragrant.
GARLIC MISO CHICKEN RECIPE | JAPANESE RECIPES | PBS FOOD
MISO CHICKEN 鶏肉の甘辛味噌焼き • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.7/5 (104)Total Time 24 hrs 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 350 per serving
- Using the tip of the knife, prick the chicken skin so the fat can render more easily. Thoroughly pat the chicken dry and place it in the plastic bag.
- Take out the chicken from the plastic wrap (I’ll be cooking two), removing the miso sauce as much as possible with your hands (and discard this miso sauce). Using a paper towel, remove the miso as much as possible and make sure the chicken is completely dry. Set aside.
- Cut into ½-inch strips (as we eat with chopsticks). Serve on a plate or over the steamed rice (in this recipe) and drizzle the sauce over.
GINGER-MISO CHICKEN WITH QUICK PICKLES - FOOD NETWORK
Author Amy Stevenson for Food Network Kitchen FromSteps 5Difficulty Easy
GRILLED MISO CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MISO CHICKEN BOWL WITH CUCUMBERS AND FURIKAKE - GOOP
MISO CHICKEN WITH WEHANI RICE | CHICKEN.CA
MISO CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
MISO CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
UME MISO CHICKEN 梅味噌チキン • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
GRILLED MISO CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MISO CHICKEN RECIPE | ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
MISO-GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
SIMPLE MISO CHICKEN WITH GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE TAKES …
MISO HONEY CHICKEN - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
QUICK MISO GINGER CHICKEN BROTH - THE FAMILY FOOD KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chicken fried rice with miso sauce?
Is miso chicken supposed to be spicy?
How to cook miso paste chicken breast?
What is the marinade for miso chicken?