FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES (MOROCCAN STEW)
Here is another wonderful recipe for all you tagine lovers. This one is to be prepared in a cooking tagine.
Provided by FDADELKARIM
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Peel the potatoes & cut them into strips, about the size of a large french fry. Put them into a bowl & rinse. Then sprinkle paprika over the potatoes, turning them several times to make sure they are all covered.
- Place the tomato sauce, olive oil, water, tomato, onions, & spices in a medium or large tagine. Stir to mix all the ingredients, then lay the potatoes on top of the sauce. Cover & cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the ingredients of the charmoula in a small bowl. Place the fillets into a shallow bowl or dish, pour half the mixture over top of the fish & let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil the olives in a small sauce pan of water for 5 minutes to remove their bitterness. Once done, drain the water & stir the rest of the charmoula in with the olives, set aside to be used later.
- Stir the sauce in the tagine then place the fish fillets on top of the potatoes. Scatter the lemon & olives on the fish & pour all the remaining charmoula over the fish.
- Cover the tagine & continue to cook on low heat for another hour. The tagine is done once the potatoes are tender.
- Serve in the tagine with thick bread to scoop up the sauce & fish. Make sure you protect your table because the tagine will stay hot for a time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 61.6, Sodium 1483.1, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 5.9, Protein 21.2
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
- Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Add fish and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning fish occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange carrot slices over bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Layer half of tomatoes, half of onion and half of lemon over. Season with half of salt and pepper.
- Drain marinade from fish; reserve marinade. Arrange fish atop lemon slices. Top fish with remaining tomato, onion and lemon slices. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Top decoratively with red pepper strips and olives. Pour reserved marinade over. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. and bake until fish flakes easily and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Garnish with additionally parsley.
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND PRESERVED LEMONS
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and cook until toasted and fragrant; grind to a fine powder. Transfer cumin to a mortar or jar of a blender and add garlic, salt, paprika, parsley, cilantro, pulp of preserved lemon, and olive oil. Puree to make a charmoula, using a pestle or by blending.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. If using monkfish, cut away grey membrane and divide the fish into 4 equal pieces. Rub half of the charmoula all over fish; let stand for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours, refrigerated. Add 1/2 cup water to remaining charmoula, cover, and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread 2 tablespoons reserved charmoula over the bottom of a tagine; sprinkle with carrots and celery. Add half of the tomatoes and bell peppers; top with fish and drizzle with some of the charmoula. Add remaining tomatoes and bell peppers and spread remaining charmoula over top.
- Chop preserved lemon peel and sprinkle around fish along with olives and bay leaves. Cover tagine with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove tagine from oven and pour liquid from dish into a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup; pour back over fish.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Baste fish with pan juices and bake, uncovered, in top third of oven until a crust has formed over the vegetables, about 10 minutes. Transfer tagine to a wooden surface or a folded kitchen towel to prevent cracking. Garnish with cilantro sprigs; serve warm or hot.
People also searched
More about "moroccan fish tagine with peppers and olives food"
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
4.4/5 (41)Total Time 30 minsCategory FishCalories 383 per serving
CLASSIC MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH CHERMOULA AND …
TOP 47 MOROCCAN TAGINE RECIPES - NAMUS.YOURAMYS.COM
FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES (MOROCCAN STEW) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE 30 BEST MOROCCAN RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES - BIGOVEN.COM
MOROCCAN FOOD NEAR ME - MOROCCAN TAGINE WITH CHICKEN AND OLIVES
TOP 42 COD TAGINE RECIPE RECIPES - HERCULES.DIXIESEWING.COM
BAKED FISH TAGINE WITH POTATOES, TOMATOES AND PEPPERS RECIPE
FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES MOROCCAN STEW FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
TOP 48 MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES RECIPES
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON
TOP 46 MOROCCAN RECIPES TAGINE - ISTIMEWA.DIXIESEWING.COM
MOROCCAN BAKED FISH WITH POTATOES PEPPERS AND OLIVES FOOD
MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE PEPPERS OLIVES - COOKEATSHARE
THE HUNGRY BLOGGER: MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
MOROCCAN FISH RECIPE: TRADITIONAL AFRICAN TAGINE
ASTRAY RECIPES: MOROCCAN FISH TAGINE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE | DIETHOOD
17 MOROCCAN TAGINE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love