Provided by Bruce Aidells
Categories Onion Side Quick & Easy Almond Summer Couscous Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Peanut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to very low; cover to keep hot. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until tender and light golden, about 8 minutes. Add turmeric and cumin; stir 1 minute. Add couscous; stir until coated with onion mixture. Mix in hot broth. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mound on platter. Sprinkle with almonds.
MOROCCAN BEEF KEBABS WITH CURRIED COUSCOUS, RAITA AND CHARMOULA VINAIGRETTE
- For the couscous: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Place the water in an ovenproof casserole. Whisk the curry, salt pepper into the water. Whisk the couscous into the water. Let the couscous stand for 10 minutes to absorb the water.
- Pour half of the olive oil into the couscous. Work the olive oil into the couscous by hand, rubbing the kernels to fluff the couscous break up any clumps, making sure that the couscous is evenly coated with the oil. Place the casserole into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and pour the rest of the oil into the couscous. By hand or with a spoon, work the oil through the couscous, breaking up any clumps.
- For the raita: Place the yogurt, mint, cumin, salt and cucumbers in a bowl and stir to combine. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Refrigerate until time to use.
- For the vinaigrette: Place the oil, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne in a bowl and stir to combine. Season the charmoula with salt and pepper.
- For the kebabs: Combine the beef, onions, powdered milk, cilantro, mint, ginger, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Divide the mixture into 8 balls. Form each ball into a kebab cylinder about 3 inches long. Refrigerate the kebabs until ready to grill.
- In the meantime soak, wooden skewers in water. Heat the grill to high heat. Insert the skewers into the kebabs. Brush the kebabs with olive oil and grill until they are cooked, 34 minutes per side.
- To complete the dish, place a mound of couscous on a serving plate for each person. Place 2 kebabs on each plate. Garnish the plate with the raita and drizzle the charmoula on the kebabs. Serve with warm pita bread.
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS WITH HARISSA & COUSCOUS
All the flavours of a tagine in meatball form, with the kick of homemade harissa and a cooling dollop of yogurt
Provided by John Torode
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a low heat. Add the spices to the pan then toast for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Crush using a pestle and mortar. Set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp water and the garlic and stir well. Add the lamb, lemon juice, crushed spices, egg most of the mint. Season well. Mix well then shape into 16 balls. Chill for a good 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the balls for 6-7 mins, turning now and then, until golden brown and cooked. Keep warm. Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, then rub in the butter and harissa. Pour over 400ml boiling water, cover and leave for 10 mins. Fluff up and season. Shred the remaining mint, then mix through. Serve with harissa and yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 651 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 0.84 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS
These lamb kebabs taste amazing, a wonderful mix flavours which improve with each hour of marinating. I prefer using the BBQ to the grill. Preparation time includes marinating. Enjoy!
Provided by caitlyn.jf
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Roughly chop coriander and mint and crush garlic. Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Transfer 1/2 the marinade to small bowl; cover, chill, and reserve as basting sauce.
- Add lamb cubes to remaining marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Marinate 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade.
- Thread lamb cubes, onion and apricots onto 4 skewers, dividing equally.
- Brush all skewers with some of reserved marinade.
- Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, onion should be soft and brown, turning occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine couscous and stock in a medium bowl. Cover; stand 5 minute Fluff with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Serve with lamb kebabs.
More about "moroccan lamb kebabs with golden couscous food"
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBAB RECIPE WITH VIDEO - GREAT BRITISH …
Category MainTotal Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
MOROCCAN KEFTA KEBAB RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF OR LAMB
Ratings 285Calories 326 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
MOROCCAN KEBABS RECIPE - LAMB OR BEEF BROCHETTES
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS RECIPE | FOODAL
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS WITH GOLDEN COUSCOUS | RECIPE | LAMB …
MOROCCAN-STYLE LAMB KEBABS - CHATELAINE
MOROCCAN LAMB AND COUSCOUS - VJ COOKS
LAMB KEBAB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS WITH GOLDEN COUSCOUS - COOKING INDEX
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO - ENGLISH
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS WITH GOLDEN COUSCOUS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | PAGE 3 | BON APPéTIT
MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS WITH GOLDEN COUSCOUS FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love