MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUTé
- Put oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they release their water and the pan begins to dry out again, 10-15 minutes. Add leeks and cook, stirring, until they soften a bit, 2-3 minutes. Add tarragon and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SOUP
- In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the mushrooms and leeks in the butter or margarine and olive oil until tender. Add the sherry and reduce liquid by half.
- Then add the beef broth, water and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Boil gently for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Garnish with sliced mushrooms if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 5.9 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 1232.8 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUCE
This is a lovely sauce that enhances any cut of steak ....it's from my favourite magazine, "Super Food Ideas", August 2003 edition. And it's easy, too!
Provided by NotQuiteVegetarian
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, chili and leek.
- Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high and add mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add evaporated milk gradually, stirring.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
We have made this in the past with green beans but my daughter doesn't like "squeeky foods" so we substitued asparagus. The flavor combinations make a great side dish and a nice alternative way to cook asparagus.
Provided by Jan Marie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sauté bacon. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add olive oil (optional).
- Clean, stem and slice mushrooms.
- Clean leeks, slice into small slices, separating the rings. Discard the dark green end.
- Sauté mushrooms and leeks in bacon fat/olive oil until mushrooms are slightly done. Don't overcook.
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces, discarding the tough ends.
- Blanch asparagus in hot boiling water until slightly crunchy. Don't overcook.
- Combine asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and leeks in fry pan.
- Add salt/pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy.
SAUTEED LEEKS, MUSHROOMS & ONIONS
This is a quick, easy, tasty combination. Serve as a side dish with sausages, a roast, with eggs or even BBQ. I like my veggies still crisp but if you want them soft cook leeks longer
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spray a non stick skillet with oil.
- Saute the onions until tender and starting to brown.
- Add Mushrooms and continue cooking for apprx 3 minutes.
- Add leeks, salt, pepper& oregano.
- Saute a further 8 minutes (if you like your veggies very soft cook longer).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50.1, Fat 0.3, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 11.9, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4, Protein 2
LEEK AND MUSHROOM SAUCE (LOW FAT)
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks and cook about 4 minutes, stirring, until the leeks are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken broth and cornstarch. Stir the mixture into the mushrooms and leeks. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and tarragon, and heat just until warmed. Do not let boil or sour cream will separate.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over cooked chicken breasts or fish.
People also searched
More about "mushroom and leek saut food"
FARM FRESH TO YOU - RECIPE: LEEK AND MUSHROOM SAUTé
MUSHROOM AND LEEK HAND PIES RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND LEEK PASTA RECIPE
POTATO, LEEK AND MUSHROOM SAUTE - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.5/5 (66)Servings 4
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUTé | RECIPE | STUFFED MUSHROOMS, LEEK …
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUTE RECIPE BY CHEF.FOODIE | IFOOD.TV
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUTE - WHOLELIFECHALLENGE.COM
CHICKEN SAUTE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUCE RECIPE
FUNGUY MUSHROOMS AND LEEK SAUTE - FUNGUY MUSHROOMS
MUSHROOM AND LEEK RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MUSHROOMS WITH LEEK SAUTé - BIOINTELLIGENT WELLNESS
GREEN BEANS AND MUSHROOMS WITH PLUM SAUCE - EASY SAUTé
MUSHROOM AND LEEK SAUTE RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING | IFOOD.TV
OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC ROASTED MUSHROOMS - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
FULL CIRCLE - RECIPE: LEEK AND MUSHROOM SAUTé
You'll also love