SPINACH AND POTATO FRITTATA
This dish is not only delicious, but easy to make. I make this for Saturday family brunches and get togethers. It's a big hit.
Provided by Cheryl Leiser Harding
Categories Breakfast and Brunch Potatoes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Cholesterol 197 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 12.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 175.4 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
RICOTTA, BROCCOLI, & NEW POTATO FRITTATA
Make this quick and healthy frittata with a bean salad in 30 minutes flat. Flavoured with broccoli and ricotta, you'll also have leftovers you can enjoy the next day
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Yield Serves 2, plus 2 lunchboxes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins until tender. Add the broccoli for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain and thickly slice the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, put the green beans and mixed beans in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 mins, or until the green beans are tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry in the pan.
- Heat the grill to high. Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan and fry the garlic for 1 min, then add the chilli flakes or cumin or fennel seeds and cook for 1 min more. Add the potatoes, broccoli and seasoning, and toss to coat in the flavoured oil.
- Beat the eggs in a jug, season and pour over the potato mix. Cook over a medium heat for 2 mins, or until the base is set. Dollop teaspoons of the ricotta on top, then grill for 4-5 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drizzle another 1 tsp oil over the bean mixture with the vinegar. Stir in the basil, if using, and season. Slice the frittata into four wedges, and serve two with half the bean salad on the side. Chill the remaining wedges and bean salad to use in the lunchboxes below.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
LOBSTER PECORINO FRITTATA
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the potato and prick it in several places with a fork. Place the potato on the oven rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, depending on its size. When the potato is soft, remove it from the oven and set aside to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Set a colander in the bottom of a deep, wide stockpot and fill the stockpot with water to a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Salt the water generously. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. When the water boils, place the lobster into the colander. Cover the pot, lower the heat to a simmer, and steam the lobster for about 15 minutes. Remove the lobster from the pot and plunge it into cold water to stop the cooking. Let cool completely.
- Once the lobster has cooled, remove the meat and cut it into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Without removing its skin, cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Using a whisk or a fork, beat the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Beat in the heavy cream.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the potato slices and turn the heat to medium-high. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes, continuously flipping them with a spatula, until browned. Don't worry-the potatoes won't fall apart from all the handling. Watch carefully and don't allow them to burn.
- When the potatoes are nicely browned, add the red onion and corn. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are starting to color. To ensure that the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, run a spatula along the edges and bottom to dislodge any vegetables that adhere to the pan.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter to the pan and allow to melt and begin to sizzle. Add the lobster and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs evenly over the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with the Pecorino cheese.
- Bake the frittata for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it begins to puff up slightly. It should still be a little runny in the very center. Allow the frittata to stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
People also searched
More about "new potato pecorino frittata food"
POTATO KALE PECORINO FRITTATA - POTATOES USA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
POTATO, KALE, AND PECORINO FRITTATA - BIGOVEN.COM
FRITTATA WITH POTATO, RAPINI AND PECORINO
ASPARAGUS, NEW POTATO AND CHIVE FRITTATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NIGEL SLATER’S NEW POTATO AND SPRING ONION FRITTATA RECIPE
POTATO, KALE, AND PECORINO FRITTATA | RECIPE | SEARCH | FOOD CITY
NEW POTATO & PECORINO FRITTATA | RECIPE | PEA AND MINT SOUP, BBC …
POTATO FRITTATA - SIP AND FEAST
JUNE 30TH: NEW POTATO AND PECORINO FRITTATA
FRITTATA WITH POTATO, RAPINI AND PECORINO
BBC GOOD FOOD NEW POTATO & PECORINO FRITTATA RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a potato frittata?This potato frittata is delicious and easy to make. I serve it at Saturday family brunches and get-togethers, and it's always a big hit. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook potatoes in hot oil, stirring occasionally, until tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
How do you eat a frittata in a lunchbox?Slice the frittata into four wedges, and serve two with half the bean salad on the side. Chill the remaining wedges and bean salad to use in the lunchboxes below.
What to do with leftover frittata wedges?Slice the frittata into four wedges, and serve two with half the bean salad on the side. Chill the remaining wedges and bean salad to use in the lunchboxes below. Pack the leftover frittata wedges and bean salad into lunchboxes and drizzle over some sriracha or pesto, if you like.