ORANGE DATE NUT CAKE
This cake recipe was from my husband's mother, who must have got it from a recipe book, "River Road Recipes," published in 1959 in Baton Rouge, LA. It is one of his Christmas Comfort Foods.
Provided by Lori Bravo
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Sift flour and soda together.
- Add 2 cups of the sifted flour and soda alternately with the buttermilk.
- Add dates, nuts, and grated rind.
- Grease and flour a tube pan or angel food cake pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.
- While cake is baking, grate the rind of another orange and add to orange juice and sugar.
- When cake is done, pour half of the sauce mixture gradually over the cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
- The cake will absorb this mixture.
- Wait about 15 minutes and invert the pan on a cake plate.
- Pour remaining mixture on top and sides.
- This cake is better when served cold.
- In fact, don't even try to slice while still warm.
- The cake will stay fresh for one to two weeks in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5860.7, Fat 238.4, SaturatedFat 100.9, Cholesterol 1010.3, Sodium 2090.8, Carbohydrate 884.9, Fiber 35.6, Sugar 562.7, Protein 82.5
ORANGE DATE POUND CAKE
Loaded with chewy dates and crunchy pecans, this cake is a "must" to take to family gatherings. The sweet and zesty orange sauce tops it off just right. This cake slices nicely and looks so appetizing served on a pretty plate.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in dates and pecans. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack., In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, remaining sugar and orange peel, until blended; drizzle over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 79g carbohydrate (57g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ORANGE DATE CAKE
When it's time for dessert, this rich cake with orange syrup is a special treat for our farm family.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16-20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; combine 1 cup with dates and walnuts. Set both mixtures aside. , In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange zest. Add reserved flour and date mixtures. Stir in buttermilk just until blended. , Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. , For syrup, in a small saucepan, heat orange juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Let stand for 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes more before pouring syrup over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377 calories, Fat 15g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 283mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ORANGE-DATE NUT CAKE
One of my fondest memories as a child was the scent of this cake cooling on my mom's dining room table. For those who like dates, nuts and oranges, it is heavenly. Teresa Switzer, Fayetteville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Toss dates with 1/4 cup flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in orange zest. Combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining flour; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in dates and nuts. , Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. , For glaze, combine orange juice and confectioners' sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes. , Cool cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Poke holes in cake top. Drizzle glaze over top and sides of cake; cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 326mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
ORANGE DATE-NUT CAKE
Make and share this Orange Date-Nut Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 1 9x13 cake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat a low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in dates, pecans and 2 tablespoons orange rind. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comed out clean.
- Bring orange juice, remaining sugar and remaining rind to a boil in a saucepan; cool 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Gently, run a knife around edge of the cake; punch holes in the cake with a wooden pick. Drizzle glaze over warm cake. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 8496.8, Fat 292, SaturatedFat 132.5, Cholesterol 1348.8, Sodium 3249.2, Carbohydrate 1413.8, Fiber 43.5, Sugar 988.8, Protein 108.3
CANNED ORANGE DATE NUT BREAD
My mother loved this bread a sliver at a time with tea in the evenings. You could make one big cake in a one-pound coffee can but I like making three because then you have one to serve, one to freeze and one to give as a gift. You could also use your favorite quick bread recipe and bake it this way or even in a Ball jar. I know a woman from Canton, Ohio, Elizabeth Kisch, who won first place in a cake contest I judged, and she made her family's holiday chocolate toffee cake. One year her husband had to be out of town during the holidays, so she baked the cake in Ball jars, threw the lids on while it was still warm to sterilize them and then tucked them into her husband's suitcase - a surprise when he got to the other end.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 3 cans (3 servings each)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the dates, pecans, and orange zest; then toss with 2 tablespoons of flour to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to mix; then add the egg and mix until incorporated. Working in 3 batches, alternately add the flour mixture and orange juice, mixing well after each
- addition. Stir in the flour-coated nut mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the cans, filling them 3/4 full. Transfer the cans to a sheet pan and bake until puffed, golden brown, and firm, about 50 minutes. Let the bread cool in the cans for 5 minutes before unmolding, or let them cool completely in the cans and wrap as a gift.
DATE NUT SPICE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pan.
- Combine the dates and orange liqueur in a small bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl. With the mixer on low, add the egg, vanilla, and orange zest. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. With the mixer still on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the orange juice to the creamed mixture, beating only until combined. By hand, stir in the dates with their liquid, and the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest on medium speed until just combined.
- Slice the bread and serve with the orange cream cheese on the side for spreading.
DATE NUT CAKE
Make and share this Date Nut Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mr. Bill in TN
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 8 inch cake pan and proceed as usual.
- Mix first three ingredients together and let cool completely.
- Add walnuts, cake flour and baking powder and stir gently.
- Add butter sugar, salt and.
- Stir completely and bake in prepared pan until tester comes out clean.
- Topping: Cook until syrupy and spread on warm cake.
- Serve cooled topped.
- with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
DATE NUT LOAF CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring dates and water to a boil. Stir in 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until melted. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place date mixture into a large bowl. Blend in flour, eggs and vanilla. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Serve slices with Warm Sauce.
- To make Warm Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/4 cup butter with cream and brown sugar. Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Carbohydrate 48.4 g, Cholesterol 55.1 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 198.3 mg, Sugar 33.7 g
ORANGE DATE CAKE
With a super moist filling and a winning combo of orange and date, how can you lose?! This is a wonderful cake... and a wonderful find.
Provided by Penny Chaput
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. FOR THE CAKE: Mix 1/2 cup of the flour with dates, coconut, and nuts. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs, grated orange peel, flour (1 cup at a time), vanilla, buttermilk, baking soda and salt. Blend with mixer just until blended well.Stir in flour mixture with the dates, coconut and nuts. Pour into non-stick tube cake pan.
- 2. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. When cake comes out of oven poke holes in cake so the icing/filling can run into cake.
- 3. FOR THE FILLING/ICING Mix powdered sugar, orange juice and grated orange peel until blended. Spread over hot cake
People also searched
More about "orange date nut cake food"
ORANGE-DATE CAKE WITH WALNUTS - MINAS BAKERY
BEST CHOCOLATE & ORANGE DATE CAKE RECIPES | FOOD …
ORANGE DATE LOAF | REDPATH SUGAR
ORANGE DATE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ORANGE DATE-NUT CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in dates, pecans, and 2 teaspoons orange rind. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bring orange juice, remaining sugar, and remaining rind to a boil in a saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
CANNED ORANGE DATE NUT BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
MRS. CLAUS' COOKBOOK - ORANGE DATE-NUT CAKE
ORANGE DATE-NUT DIAMONDS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
ORANGE DATE CAKE (VRP 034) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
ORANGE DATE NUT CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ORANGE-DATE NUT CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love