- In a stainless steel bowl, combine the egg whites, cold water, sugar, and cream of tartar in the top of a double boiler. Whisk until smooth. Place over boiling water and whisk constantly or beat with a hand mixer until the frosting is stiff and holds peaks, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Let cool, whisking often.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk the egg whites, sugar, water, corn syrup, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt in a large heatproof glass bowl. Set the bowl on top of the pan (do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water). Beat with a hand mixer on low speed until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. (If any sugar crystals form on the side of the bowl, brush them down with a wet pastry brush.) Increase the speed to medium high and beat until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and beat until the frosting cools slightly, about 30 seconds. Use while still slightly warm -- the frosting will firm up and form a hard shell when it cools. Do not refrigerate the frosted cake or the frosting may weep.
EASY SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING
- Put 1 cup sugar, the corn syrup, and 1/2 cup water into a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture just begins to simmer and sugar has dissolved, about 6 minutes. Wash down sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals from forming. Raise heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees.
- Meanwhile, put egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining tablespoon sugar, and beat until peaks are fluffy but still soft. Slowly pour in hot sugar syrup down side of bowl. Raise speed to high, and beat until mixture has cooled and stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Use immediately.
7 MINUTE FROSTING
- Combine egg whites, water, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in top of double boiler.
- Set over simmering water and beat with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes
- until soft peaks are formed.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Keep beating until frosting is stiff enough to spread. Use immediately.
- Plenty enough to fill and frost he 2-layer Devil's Food Cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1249.5, Fat 0.2, Sodium 516.5, Carbohydrate 303.3, Sugar 300.9, Protein 14.4
ORANGE SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING
- 1. Put egg whites , sugar , orange juice and corn syrup in an upper part of a double broiler.
- 2. Beat with rotary beater until well mixed. Place over rapidly boiling water and beat constantly , cooking 7 minutes ; or until the frosting stands in peaks.
- 3. Remove from the heat , add grated orange rind and beat until thick enough to spread.
- 4. ** Water may be substituted for the orange juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla for the grated orange rind.
- 5. spread on cookies. Can also pour on a cake when cool and then , pour on the chocolate crown.
- 6. Chocolate Crown :
- 7. melt the chocolate with the butter over hot water and pour the frosted cake , let the chocolate mixture run down the sides.
NO COOK 7 MINUTE FROSTING
- Mix sugar, cream of tartar, vanilla and egg whites.
- Add boiling water.
- Beat on high til mixture forms peaks (like meringue) approx 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646, Fat 0.2, Sodium 168.4, Carbohydrate 151.7, Sugar 150.9, Protein 10.8
People also searched
More about "orange seven minute frosting food"
ORANGE SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING - GOODTHINGSBYDAVID.COM
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OLD-FASHIONED 7-MINUTE FROSTING RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 35 per serving
HOW TO MAKE 7-MINUTE ORANGE ICING RECIPE
Ratings 4Servings 12Cuisine AmericanCategory Frosting
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE WITH 7 MINUTE FROSTING - FOOD FOLKS …
SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
ORANGE CURD RECIPE - FLO BRAKER - FOOD & WINE
7-MINUTE FROSTING - MEANINGFUL EATS
WHITE CAKE WITH BOURBON BUTTERCREAM AND SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING
FLUFFY BOILED FROSTING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
7-MINUTE FROSTING | PAULA DEEN
BEST SEVEN MINUTE FROSTING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE 7 MINUTE …
SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING | CANADIAN LIVING
ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH 7-MINUTE ICING - TASTY KITCHEN
You'll also love