OUR BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Find out why Our Best Banana Bread recipe is unbelievably moist: cream cheese! Pro tip: Cool completely before digging into our best banana bread.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
Use overripe bananas to bake a classic banana bread with this easy recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in the bananas and blueberries. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours.
OUR FAVORITE BANANA BREAD
The Epicurious test kitchen baked up the most popular versions of banana bread on our site to discover what we like (or didn't like) about each one. Then we made our ultimate version: a sweet, nutty, and supremely moist loaf that is everything we could ever want in this classic quick bread.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Categories Bread Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Banana Walnut Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher Frankenrecipe Breakfast Brunch Small Plates
Yield Makes one 9x5" loaf
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan with butter and dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
- Combine banana, sour cream, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed in another large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 1/2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat on medium speed until fully combined, about 1 minute each. Add banana mixture and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds. Add dry ingredients in 2 batches, beating on low after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl if necessary, until fully incorporated, about 20 seconds per batch. Fold in walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, until batter is set, top is dark golden brown and starting to crack, sides are starting to pull away from pan, and a tester inserted into center of bread comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack at least 15 minutes. Run a butter knife around perimeter of pan to loosen loaf, then tap pan gently on its side until loaf releases. Transfer to a cutting board or plate and let cool completely before slicing.
BRILLIANT BANANA LOAF
A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen. It's great for using up overripe bananas, too.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 mins, or until cooked through. Check the loaf at 5-min intervals by testing it with a skewer (it should be able to be inserted and removed cleanly), as the time may vary depending on the shape of your loaf tin.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 24 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
BEST EVER BANANA BREAD
Whenever I pass a display of bananas in the grocery store, I can almost smell the wonderful aroma of my best banana bread recipe. It really is amazingly good! -Gert Kaiser, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (16 pieces).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts. , Pour into a greased or parchment-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 12g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BEST EVER BANANA BREAD
This really is the best banana bread I have ever tasted. Very moist and it freezes well. I also bake this in 3 small loaf pans however you may need to shorten the baking time.
Provided by Rose
Categories Bread Quick Bread Recipes Fruit Bread Recipes 100+ Banana Bread Recipes Banana Nut Bread Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.8 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Cholesterol 31.3 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 221.1 mg, Sugar 27.9 g
People also searched
More about "our best banana bread food"
MY FAVORITE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 Category Bread
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. Do not overmix. Fold in the nuts, if using.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
I TESTED OUR 5 MOST POPULAR BANANA BREAD RECIPES AND …
- If You're Bananas for Bananas: Banana Banana Bread. Fast Facts: Developed by Shelley Albeluhn, has 12,366 reviews with a 4.5- star rating. Allstar Review: "I followed this recipe exactly as directed.
- The Most Cake-Like: Janet's Rich Banana Bread. Fast Facts: Developed by vjonsson, has 7,640 reviews with a 4.8- star rating. Janet's recipe was unlike any banana bread I've ever made.
- The Best Crust: Best Ever Banana Bread. Fast Facts: Developed by Rose, has 1,821 reviews with a 4.7- star rating. I was immediately impressed with this deeply golden loaf (think gingerbread-colored), which boasts a caramelized crust that crackles as you slice it.
- The Best for Toasting: The Best Banana Bread. Fast Facts: Developed by Libby, has 1,330 reviews with a 4.5-star rating. Allstar Review: "This is such an easy and delicious recipe!
- My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe: Joy's Easy Banana Bread. Fast Facts: Developed by Joy, has 1,981 reviews with a 4.8-star rating. This is the banana bread I'll be returning to time and time again.
OUR TOP 10 BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE | EASY, MOIST, DELICIOUS! - MOM …
OUR FAVORITE BANANA BREAD - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
21 OF OUR BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
ALMOND FLOUR BANANA BREAD - IFOODREAL.COM
15 IRRESISTIBLE BANANA BREAD RECIPES FROM CLASSIC TO …
THE 42 BEST BANANA RECIPES FOR USING UP YOUR BUNCH - FOOD …
WE TRIED THE MOST POPULAR BANANA BREAD RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST …
BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
OUR 15 BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES TO BAKE AND SHARE
BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ADAM LIAW’S BANANA BISCUITS RECIPE, THINGS TO MAKE WITH OVERRIPE ...
EVERY TIME I MAKE THIS HIGH-FIBER BANANA BREAD, SOMEONE
WHY IS EVERYONE SO OBSESSED WITH BANANA BREAD? - DELISH
BEST BANANA BREADS - ALLRECIPES
COOK THIS: THREE BREAKFAST RECIPES FROM SUNDAYS | NATIONAL POST
BANANA MILKSHAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
MOM’S BEST BANANA BREAD - FOOD GYPSY
BORED WITH SAME BREAD TOAST? NOT ANYMORE! MAKE BREAD
OUR BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES WILL PROVIDE ALL THE …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love