CATFISH FINGERS WITH CAJUN REMOULADE SAUCE
- For the sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, add the onions, celery and capers and process until finely chopped. Mix the chopped vegetables with the mayonnaise, relish, seafood seasoning, pepper and celery salt.
- For the catfish: Preheat the deep fryer to 325 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor, add the cornmeal, flour, pecans, seafood seasoning and celery salt and pulse until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip the catfish slices in the eggs, then coat the catfish in the cornmeal mixture. Fry the fish until golden brown. Serve the hot catfish with remoulade sauce on the side.
OVEN-FRIED CATFISH WITH REMOULADE SAUCE
Gourmet Magazine, July, 2007, in the Gourmet Everyday section. "Catfish stays tender and moist when baked in a crunchy crust of bread crumbs and cornmeal. A take on traditional New Orleans remoulade adds a piquant punch."
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the fish, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. with the rack in the middle of the oven. *Brush the baking pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and 1 teaspoons of salt in a large, sealable, plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Take on piece of fish at a time and dip fish in the egg, letting excess drip off, then put in the plastic bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- Transfer to the baking pan and bake until the undersides are golden, about 6 minutes.
- Drizzle fish with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, then carefully turn over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes more.
- Make the sauce while the fish is baking, by simply whisking together all the remoulade ingredients and add salt to taste.
- Serve the fish with the sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 681.3, Fat 43.5, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 199.6, Sodium 735.1, Carbohydrate 37.4, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 5, Protein 34.9
OVEN FRIED CATFISH
- Soak catfish in milk for approximately 1 hour, in the refrigerator. In a bowl, mix together white and yellow cornmeal. Spice up the cornmeal with salt, red and black pepper, granulated garlic, thyme, and Cajun seasoning, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take the fish out of the milk and shake off the excess milk. Dip the fish fillets in the spiced cornmeal mixture. Put the fillets on a buttered cookie sheet and drizzle butter over the fish. Or you can use a butter spray. Bake fish in oven for approximately 10 minutes. Time may vary depending on the thickness of fillet. Fish should get a nice crusty, golden color. Serve with tartar sauce.
FRIED CATFISH PO'BOY WITH CELERIAC REMOULADE SAUCE
- For the remoulade: Combine the celeriac, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, capers, scallion, anchovy, hot sauce, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- For the fried catfish: In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Set up 3 pans. In the first, mix 1/2 cup of the flour and some salt and pepper. In the second, mix the milk and the hot sauce. In the third, mix the remaining 1/2 cup flour and the cornmeal and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper
- Dredge the catfish fillets first through the flour, shaking off any excess. Next, dredge in the milk mixture, again shaking off the excess. Finally, dredge the catfish in the cornmeal mixture, making sure the fillets are completely coated. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully slide the breaded fillets into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwich: Spread the cut sides of the baguettes with remoulade. Layer with sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and a catfish fillet. Chow down!
OVEN-FRIED CATFISH WITH RéMOULADE SAUCE
- Make fish:
- Preheat oven to 500°F with rack in middle.
- Brush a baking pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Working with 1 piece at a time, dip fish in eggs, letting excess drip off, then put in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- Transfer fish to baking pan and bake until undersides are golden, about 6 minutes. Drizzle fish with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then carefully turn over and cook until golden and just cooked thourough, about 6 minutes more.
- Make rémoulade while fish bakes:
- Whisk together all rémoulade ingredients and salt to taste. Serve fish with sauce on the side.
OVEN FRIED CATFISH WITH DILL TARTAR SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place breadcrumbs and melted butter in separate shallow dishes.
- Cut each fish fillet crosswise in half.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish into butter, then into breadcrumbs, coating completely; place fish on baking sheet.
- Bake fish until crisp, brown and just cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir mayonnaise, relish, dill and capers in small bowl to blend.
- Season tartar sauce with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fish to plates.
- Serve fish with tartar sauce.
- Recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.8, Fat 38.5, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 120.6, Sodium 770.2, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 4.8, Protein 29.4
People also searched
More about "oven fried catfish with rmoulade sauce food"
CATFISH SANDWICH WITH REMOULADE RECIPE | ROBERT …
Author Robert IrvineSteps 4Difficulty Easy
EASY SOUTHERN OVEN FRIED CATFISH - PINK OWL KITCHEN
CORNMEAL FRIED CATFISH WITH RéMOULADE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FRIED CATFISH PO’BOYS WITH SPICY REMOULADE SAUCE
FRIED CATFISH PO'BOY WITH CELERIAC REMOULADE SAUCE
FRIED CATFISH FINGERS WITH COUNTRY RéMOULADE - EPICURIOUS
FRIED CATFISH PO' BABIES WITH CREOLE RéMOULADE SAUCE RECIPE
OVEN FRIED CATFISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FRIED CATFISH WITH SPICY REMOULADE • BREAD BOOZE BACON
OVEN-FRIED CATFISH WITH RéMOULADE SAUCE | FRIES IN THE …
OVEN-FRIED CATFISH WITH RéMOULADE SAUCE - MASTERCOOK
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : OVEN-FRIED CATFISH WITH …
You'll also love