This heavenly, creamy gelato looks as good as it tastes. The mild, refreshing peach flavor will make everyone a fan. -Molly Haen, Baldwin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 quart.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place peaches and water in a large skillet; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until tender. Place in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside., In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately., Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, peaches and liqueur if desired. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight., Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining gelato mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 149mg cholesterol, Sodium 40mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- Heat milk and add eggs.
- Cook until thickened--about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add pureed peaches, lemon juice, and 1/4 c sugar.
- Add peach mixture to milk base.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker per instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.3, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 16.5, Sodium 102.1, Carbohydrate 38.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 38.5, Protein 8.3
- In a small heavy saucepan heat sugar and water, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool syrup. Peel and pit peaches and in a food processor purée until smooth. Transfer 2 cups purée to a bowl, reserving remainder for another use, and stir in syrup and lemon juice. Chill peach mixture until cold and up to 1 day.
- Stir in egg white and freeze in an ice-cream maker. Serve gelato immediately or transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden no more than 3 hours.
People also searched
More about "peach gelato food"
FRESH PEACH GELATO - FOOD NOUVEAU
5/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Dessert, Desserts
- For the fresh peach puree: In a saucepan, combine the peach slices, sugar, water, and vanilla extract and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the peach slices are very soft and breaking down. Use a stand blender, a stick blender, or a food processor to puree to a very smooth consistency. Strain into an airtight container and refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- For the gelato base: Make the gelato base of your choice (either Sicilian-Style Vanilla Bean Gelato or Classic Vanilla Bean Gelato). Refrigerate overnight. Fish the vanilla bean out of the custard, then pour the custard through a fine mesh strainer into a large mixing bowl (straining the mixture will ensure a silky smooth gelato).
- Measure out 2 cups (500 ml) of the fresh peach puree. (Save the remaining puree, if any, to spoon over the churned gelato. You can also serve it over crepes or a cake, or use it in a smoothie.)
- Whisk 1 cup (250 ml) of the fresh peach puree into the cool, strained gelato base. Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. Stop the machine when the gelato is icy but still soft.
FRESH PEACH GELATO | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
PEACH GELATO RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
PEACH GELATO RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND RELATED RECIPES
PERFECT PEACH GELATO | GREAT BRITISH FOOD AWARDS
PEACH GELATO STRAIN FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
PEACH AND BASIL GELATO RECIPE | DAIRYLAND
PEACH GELATO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
HOMEMADE FRESH PEACH GELATO - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
PEACH GELATO RECIPE BY ITALIAN.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
PEACH GELATO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PEACH GELATO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ALMOND PEACH GELATO FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
270 PEACH GELATO IDEAS | RECIPES, FOOD, GELATO
14 IRRESISTIBLE HOMEMADE GELATO RECIPES - FOOD NOUVEAU
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #desserts #european #italian #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment #4-hours-or-less #ice-cream
You'll also love