PECAN AND MUSHROOM BURGER WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
Such a tasty veggie burger. These take a little work, however they are a great make ahead meal. The website states that you can wrap the uncooked patties individually and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months (thawing in the refrigerator before cooking). One of the reviewers on the other site said that you can leave out the egg for a tasty vegan burger without any issues. From the Eating Well website. NOTE: After making these, I have changed up the recipe to perfection :) If you like parsley, you may want to add a little fresh parsley in these as well.
Provided by januarybride
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 burgers, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine yogurt, blue cheese, chives (if using) and dressing in a small bowl and blend with a fork to make a chunky sauce. Refrigerate it while you make the burgers; it will keep for up to 2 days.
- Place bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over, cover and set aside until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing out excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and turn on stove to medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and garlic. Immediately transfer the mixture to a plate and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable mixture in a food processor; pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add egg; pulse briefly, scraping down the sides if necessary, until the mixture is cohesive but roughly textured. Transfer to a bowl; stir in bulgur, breadcrumbs, pecans Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix well.
- With dampened hands, form the mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each. (I made mine into 13 mini burgers using a slider station).
- Place burgers on a cookie sheet (coated with cooking spray) and place under a broiler on high. Mine took 8 minutes to crisp ever so slightly and to become heated through. You can also cook them in a frying pan for 4 minutes per side (mine fell apart doing this though, that's why I put the rest of them under the broiler).
- Garnish the burgers with watercress and the blue cheese sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.4, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 29.3, Sodium 353.3, Carbohydrate 18.8, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3, Protein 6.2
ROASTED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS WITH BLUE CHEESE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Lay the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet, gill sides up. Whisk together the garlic, sherry, 2 tablespoons of the oil and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the cheese evenly among the mushroom caps. Roast until the mushrooms are fork-tender and the cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve any cooking juices in the pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and cook until charred and tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and the cooking juices from the mushrooms. Cook until just the spinach is wilted. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Place the mushrooms on the buns and top with the spinach and onions.
MUSHROOM PECAN BURGERS
Provided by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
Categories Food Processor Mushroom Nut Vegetable Picnic Super Bowl Vegetarian Backyard BBQ Dinner Lunch Tree Nut Pecan Tailgating Family Reunion Vegan Party Advance Prep Required Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Kosher
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a food processor, mince mushrooms and parsley. Remove and set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil and cook onions and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a large-size bowl, and combine with minced mushrooms and parsley, bread crumbs, tahini, hoisin sauce, chopped nuts, tamari, oregano, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for at least half an hour. Mixture will be soft, but you should be able to form patties. Add additional bread crumbs or tahini, if needed.
- Create patties using your hands. In a sauté pan, warm remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil, and fry patties over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and crispy. Be careful to keep patties intact.
BLUE CHEESE & HORSERADISH HAMBURGER SAUCE
I got this recipe from Canadian Living magazine and the flavour is amazing! If you love blue cheese and horseradish, give this a try on your next grilled burgers. Delicious!
Provided by Love2Eat
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spoon over grilled burgers, or use as a dipping sauce.
- Makes enough to spoon over 4 burgers.
BUFFALO SAUCE BURGERS STUFFED WITH BLUE CHEESE
Buffalo sauce, a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce, is a big claim to food fame for Buffalo, New York. It is normally served on fried chicken wings (Buffalo wings), but this burger is a great variation of the theme. The recipe is adapted from one published in my local newspaper and credited to David Joachim, author of The Tailgater's Cookbook. It was included in a feature on tailgating, and the idea was to get these ready to grill at home, then grill them at your tailgating affair. The original recipe called for either ground buffalo or ground beef. Since ground buffalo is not available where I live, I used ground beef. I forgot to notice how long prep took, so the time given is a guess. I served these on PaulaG's Recipe #139827--they are excellent and I highly recommend them.
Provided by GaylaJ
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter and whisk in hot sauce.
- Mix blue cheese and garlic in a small bowl.
- Using your hands, gently mix beef (or buffalo), celery seed, onion and 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture in a medium bowl until blended. Form into 12 patties, using a light touch; the patties should be about 4 1/2 inches in diameter and no more than 1/2 inch thick.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of cheese-garlic mixture in center of 6 patties, then top with remaining patties and press together, sealing edges.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill. (Even if you aren't making these ahead of time, I think they hold together better after a little chill time).
- Heat grill to medium and oil grate.
- Grill burgers about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to taste. (I'll only eat ground beef cooked well, so I cooked a bit longer.) Brush with remaining hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking. Toast buns if you like.
- (I couldn't think of many traditional condiments I wanted on this burger, so I just ate mine with extra buffalo sauce and lettuce).
More about "pecan and mushroom burger with blue cheese sauce food"
DOUBLE BURGERS WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHEESE SAUCE
5/5 (14)Calories 1090 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- In a large skillet, brown the mushrooms in the butter. Add the shallots and sauté until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with the broth, sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce until almost dry, about 2 minutes. Remove the thyme and adjust the seasoning. Keep warm.
- In a saucepan, off the heat, toss the cheese with the cornstarch. Add the milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and set aside.
THE BEST BLUE CHEESE MUSHROOM BURGER ON THE FLAT …
Cuisine EntreesCalories 597 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM & BLUE CHEESE BURGERS
BURGERS SMOTHERED IN A CARAMELIZED ONION, …
VEGAN MUSHROOM PECAN BURGERS (OIL-FREE, GLUTEN …
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER WITH BLUE CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED …
MUSHROOM AND BLUE CHEESE BURGER - JAN BRAAI
LENTIL, MUSHROOM AND PECAN BURGERS - WELL SEASONED
PECAN AND MUSHROOM BURGER WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
PECAN AND MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE - HUNGRYFOREVER.NET
RECIPETHING - PECAN & MUSHROOM BURGER
MUSHROOM BURGER WITH BLUE CHEESE | CASTELLO
ALCAN | BLUE CHEESE STUFFED BURGERS RECIPE
MUSHROOM BLUE CHEESE BURGERS RECIPE & PAIRING
MUSHROOM-BLUE CHEESE BURGERS - SCHWEID & SONS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love