TROUT WITH PECAN AND PINE NUT CRUST
- Finely chop pine nuts and pecans in processor, using on/off turns. Transfer to shallow bowl. Mix in sesame seeds. Open trout and place skin side down on large baking sheet. Stir butter and garlic in small saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Brush garlic butter over trout. Sprinkle nut mixture over trout; press to adhere. Season with salt and pepper. Chill uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 2 trout, nut side down, into skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Using spatula, turn trout, nut side up, onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and trout. Bake trout until opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
GROUND PECAN CRUST (LOW CARB)
Good for cheesecake and pumpkin or Jello pudding pies, but not strong enough for a pie with runny/loose filling. Do NOT substitute margarine or oil for the butter. (learned this the hard way).
Provided by cookin from scratch
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Grind the pecans. Fine ground will help the crust hold together better, coarse gives you a crunchier crust.
- Add the Splenda to the ground nuts.
- Add the butter (softened or outright melted).
- Press mixture into a pie plate or springform pan.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes between 350 and 450, depending on how toasted you want it.
- You can also make this crust ahead of time.
PECAN PIE CRUST
Make and share this Pecan Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Darlene Summers
Yield 1 pie crust
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place pecans in food processor; grind until fine.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and water.
- Continue processing till mixture begins falling off sides of bowl.
- Press into 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or microwave at full power for 6 minutes.
People also searched
More about "pecan nut crust food"
PECAN NUT PIE CRUST » HANGRY WOMAN®
Reviews 2Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- With a small food processor or a dry blender, begin by pulsing your walnuts to grind them into fine pieces. They don’t need to be a flour consistency, just ground down into the tiniest pieces possible.
EASY NO FAIL PECAN NUT PIE CRUST RECIPE
Ratings 51Calories 175 per servingCategory Pies And Tarts
15 DELICIOUS DIAMOND PECAN PIE CRUST RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Food.com Pecan Pie Crust. You only need five ingredients to make this pecan pie crust – pecans, butter, vanilla, brown sugar and water. The ingredients are blitzed together in a food processor until the nuts are finely chopped and start coming together to form a sort of dough.
- All Recipes Pecan Nut Crust. This is a really simple and easy way to make a gluten free pie crust that can be used for any kind of dessert pie. Make sure your pecans are finely ground, then add them to cinnamon and sugar.
- Adventures Of Mel Pecan Nut Pie Crust. This pie crust is more like a traditional pastry studded with pecans. It’s ideal for pies that contain some kind of cream cheese filling, like cherry crunch or blueberry delight, as the flavors pair well and the textures contrast.
- Savor The Best Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Crust. The brown sugar used in this recipe gives the pecan crust a rich, caramelized flavor. You will need a food processor to grind the nuts to the right consistency.
- Flour On My Fingers Easy No Fail Pecan Nut Pie Crust. This delicious pie crust is great for apple pie or pumpkin pie. The texture is similar to a classic shortcrust pastry, but it has chunks of crunchy pecans which adds flavor to whatever dessert you are making.
- Emeril’s Pecan Pie Crust. There are a few tricks to getting this recipe spot on. First, you need to make sure that your pecans are ground up very fine so that they can mix evenly with the flour.
- Mama Gourmand Gluten Free Pecan Pie Crust. This is an ideal low carb and gluten free alternative to classic pastry or even a cheesecake base. You can use it for lots of different desserts and the nutty flavor will complement many fillings and toppings – pumpkin pie, apple pie, banoffee pie, chocolate cheesecake, toffee cheesecake etc.
- Carl’s Bad Cravings No Fail Brown Sugar Graham Cracker Pecan Crust. The great thing about this pie crust is that it can be used for baked or no bake desserts.
- Very Well Fit Gluten Free Pecan Nut Pie Crust. Whether or not you are intolerant to gluten, a lot of people benefit from cutting some gluten out of their diet.
- Portland Pie Lady Pecan Walnut Pie Crust. This recipe uses a combination of pecans and walnuts – two nuts with a similar appearance that go really well together.
5 MINUTE PECAN PIE CRUST - EASY GLUTEN-FREE …
3.7/5 (58)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert, Gluten Free DessertCalories 176 per serving
BEST NUT PIE CRUST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
DARK AND STORMY CREAM PIE IN DIAMOND …
10 BEST CHEESECAKE WITH PECAN CRUST …
FISHER NUTS | NO-BAKE PECAN NUT CRUST
PECAN CRUST - KETO, LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE
BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
PECAN NUT PIE CRUST RECIPE - ADVENTURES OF MEL
DIAMOND PECAN PIE CRUST RECIPES - PIEPRONATION.COM
PALEO PECAN TART CRUST - ELANA'S PANTRY
NO FAIL PECAN CRUST - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
HOW TO MAKE A NUT PIE CRUST TO UPGRADE YOUR HOLIDAY DESSERT …
HEALTHY PECAN RECIPES | EATINGWELL
LOW CARB PECAN NUT PIE CRUST RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BEST PECAN NUT CRUST RECIPES
PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PECAN NUT CRUST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love