This recipe is very simple yet delicious. Pheasant is normally a dry bird but this recipe keeps it wonderfully moist. It almost falls right off the bone!
Provided by LYSS
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Pork
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the pheasants into a large slow cooker. Wrap and drape the bacon over the birds, covering the pheasants as much as you can. Whisk the condensed soup, sour cream, water, chopped onion, onion soup mix, and mushrooms together in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over the pheasants.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 5 to 7 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 467.5 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
EMERIL'S FAVORITE ROAST PHEASANT
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and position the oven rack in the bottom third of the oven.
- Season the cavities and the outside of each pheasant liberally with salt and pepper. Divide the chopped onion and carrot equally among the cavities of the pheasants. Squeeze the juice from both halves of the orange and set aside. Cut 1 of the squeezed halves into 3 pieces, and tuck inside of the cavities along with the veggies. Insert 1sprig of thyme into the cavity of each pheasant.
- Arrange the pheasants in a large roasting pan, breast sides up. Lay 2 strips of bacon over the top of each pheasant, cutting the bacon into pieces if necessary to cover as much of the pheasant as possible. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove the bacon strips and continue roasting for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear. (It is important to not overcook the pheasants, as they are very lean birds.) Remove the pheasants from the oven and transfer to a serving platter, loosely tented, while you make the sauce.
- Using a spoon, carefully remove as much extra fat from the pan as possible. Place the roasting pan over high heat and, when hot, deglaze with the reserved orange juice and Madeira, using a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. When the orange juice and Madeira have reduced by half, add the chicken stock and continue to cook until sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl in the butter and remove from the heat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Remove the back bone from each pheasant, then cut along the breast bone to divide the birds into two halves. Serve 1/2 pheasant per person, napped with some of the sauce and with some of the Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over high heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and tender, 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 3/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and have given off their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the beer and cook, stirring, to deglaze the pan and until the mixture is almost dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of Essence, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and whisk well to combine. Add the mushroom mixture and cheeses and stir well. Add the bread cubes and let sit until the bread has absorbed the liquid, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with the butter. Add the bread crumbs, shaking to cover the bottom evenly. Pour the bread pudding mixture into the prepared pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and uncover. Continue baking until risen and firm in the center, and golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
PHEASANT HASH MOIST AND DELICIOUS
Another recipe for the wife with a freezer full of pheasant!:) This is great for leftover pheasant meat. The prep time does NOT include time for the pre-cooking of the potatoes and pheasant.
Provided by Monica in PA
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt butter in a large covered frying pan.
- Add potatoes and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly; cover and simmer for thirty minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.6, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 93.2, Sodium 883.3, Carbohydrate 37.6, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3.8, Protein 29
SLOW COOKER PHEASANT WITH MUSHROOMS AND OLIVES
Pheasant recipes--especially good ones--are very hard to find! This one results in a moist, tender and delicious pheasant that even my kids will gobble up. Its adapted from a recipe a friend passed on to me.
Provided by MBETHCOOKS
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper into a resealable plastic bag; shake to mix. Place the pheasant pieces into the flour mixture, and shake until evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake any excess flour off of the pheasant pieces, and place them in the hot oil. Cook until the pheasant is brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the pheasant into a slow cooker, reserving the oil in the skillet. Cook the onion in the remaining oil until they soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, and continue cooking and stirring until the mushrooms have softened and the garlic has mellowed, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then pour in the chicken broth and return to a boil. Pour the mushroom mixture into the slow cooker, and sprinkle with sliced black olives.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or Low for 7 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 642 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 189.3 mg, Fat 30.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 63.3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 413.5 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
A true autumnal treat, this pot roast works equally well with partridge, guinea fowl or chicken
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Dust the pheasants with the flour, then heat the oil in a large flameproof dish. Brown the pheasants all over, then remove from the dish.
- In the same dish, fry the bacon, vegetables, garlic and herbs with 1 tbsp of the dusting flour for 5 mins, until the vegetables start to colour. Put the pheasants and any resting juices back in the dish, pour on the Marsala, wine and stock, add the sugar, then cover and cook for 1 hr 30 mins - 1 hr 50 mins or until the leg meat easily comes away from the bone. Serve with bread sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 0.95 milligram of sodium
More about "pheasant hash moist and delicious food"
25 BEST PHEASANT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
4.7/5 (9)Published Dec 8, 2021Category Recipe Roundup
- Pheasant in Mushroom and Wine Sauce. The wine sauce in this dish makes the pheasant, which can sometimes come out dry, as juicy and tender as any meat you can cook.
- Garlic and Wine Pheasant. Even though there’s no soy sauce, peanut sauce, or Sriracha, this dish has a distinctly Asian flair. It’s simple to make, requiring only six ingredients (plus salt and pepper to taste).
- Pressure Cooker Pheasant. If you’d like to cook pheasant but don’t know how, this recipe for pressure cooker pheasant is an ideal place to start. Want to save this recipe?
- Oven-Roasted Pheasant. Oven-roasted pheasant is for anyone who loves tender, succulent white meat and perfectly crispy, well-seasoned skin. It’s garlicky and flavorful, and it tastes incredible alongside the chorizo, parsnip sticks, and a fresh garden salad.
- Pheasant Stew. Pheasant stew is warm and filling, and there’s nothing better on a long, cold winter’s night. It’s thick and chunky, and the meat is so tender that it practically falls off the bone.
- Pheasant Pot Pie. If you can make a chicken, turkey, beef, or veggie pot pie, then you can whip up this pheasant pot pie just as easily. You’ll use refrigerated pie crusts to get that gorgeous, scrumptious, golden-brown crust, and the broth, butter, and milk combine to make a rich, creamy sauce.
- Pheasant Pasta. You may use spaghetti noodles in this pheasant pasta, but earthy dinner is about as far from spaghetti as you can get. For one thing, there’s no heavy Ragu or Prego coating all the noodles.
- Honey-Soy-Glazed Pheasant. For this savory dish, you’ll marinate the pheasant overnight in whatever marinade you like best. (I prefer the homemade marinade – soy sauce, garlic, onion, honey, and vinegar.)
- Roast Pheasant Masala. If you’re looking for something with a bit more spice and robust flavor, try the roast pheasant masala. It’s simple to make, requiring only 20 minutes to prepare and an hour to cook.
- Pheasant Sticky Fingers. On the other hand, if you want something spicy, these pheasant sticky fingers will bring the heat! Think of spicy hot wings but made from pheasant instead of chicken.
WILD PHEASANT IN MUSHROOM AND WINE SAUCE
ROAST PHEASANT RECIPE - HANK SHAW'S RECIPE FOR ROAST …
WILD PHEASANT IN CREAMY MARSALA SAUCE | HOMEMADE …
Reviews 8Calories 459 per servingCategory Game Meat Recipes
WHAT DO PHEASANTS EAT? 12 OF THEIR FAVORITE FOODS - AZ ANIMALS
21 BEST PHEASANT BREAST RECIPES - ALL NUTRITIOUS
RECIPES WITH PHEASANT, AND TARRAGON (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
POT ROAST PHEASANT WITH SWEETCORN MASH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 PHEASANT RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY
RECIPES FOR PHEASANT HASH MOIST AND DELICIOUS
HOW TO COOK PHEASANT - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
ALL ABOUT PHEASANT | METRO
WHAT DO PHEASANTS EAT? | BIRDFACT
25 PHEASANT RECIPES: ANOTHER BIRD YOU CAN COOK & EAT! - COOKING …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #potatoes #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-calorie #low-carb #wild-game #low-in-something #meat #pheasant #equipment
You'll also love