- Place one quart canning jar and a ring into a pot of water. Bring to a rolling boil for five minutes. Meanwhile, put a canning lid into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cut corn off the cobs. (A good way to do this is to place a paper bowl upside down in a large mixing bowl, and rest the stem end of the cob on the bowl. This allows you to slice the corn straight into the bowl without nicking your knife.).
- Carefully remove the jar from the water and drain. Add salt, vinegar and sugar. Pack the corn into the jar (4 1/2 lbs of corn-on-the-cob should make about 1 quart). Fill jar with water, leaving 1" headspace. Set the lid on the jar and loosely set the ring in place.
- Store jar in a cool place for 1-2 weeks, then tighten the ring and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Suggestion: rinse well with cold water, drain thoroughly, then saute in bacon grease with diced onion, and red and/or green bell pepper. Add crumbled bacon before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.6, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 256.3, Carbohydrate 49.1, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 8.7, Protein 8.2
- Combine 2 small dried chiles, 1 seeded thinly sliced jalapeño, 1/4 thinly sliced medium red onion, 2 cups corn kernels (from about 2 ears), 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper in a heatproof 1-quart jar. Bring 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 3/4 cup water to a boil; pour over corn. (Add water to cover, if needed.) Seal jar. Let cool; chill. Will keep up to 1 month unopened.
This is a recipe for pickled corn in a jar. Folks here in Kentucky like to pickle their corn on the cob in a HUGE stoneware crock. I don't have a stoneware crock, so this is my version. It's easy and very good!
Provided by MamawCook
Yield 12 pints, 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- 1). Cook your White Hickory King Corn until done.
- 2). In another large pot mix 2 cups of vinegar to 1 gallon of spring water to a rolling boil. This is a step you estimate how much liquid you will need and you can always make another pot to finish up what amount of corn you have.
- 3). Sterilize pint jars and lids per Ball jar directions.
- 4.) Cool the corn until you can handle it, cut it off the cob and fill jars to 1 inch from the top.
- 5). Put 1/2 tsp of canning salt in the jar on top of the corn.
- 6). Fill with boiling liquid leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 7). Wipe rim of jars, place on sterilized lid and band, tighten snuggly by hand.
- 8). Place in a cool dark place to work, approximately 6 - 8 weeks.
- 9). When done working, you can take the jars of pickled corn, remove caps, fill with spring water again leaving 1/2 inch headspace, replace lid with clean lid and place in a water bath canner to seal for about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.5, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 2364.3, Carbohydrate 13, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 1.7
People also searched
More about "pickled corn food"
PICKLED CORN AND PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
QUICK PICKLED CORN | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST PICKLED CORN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PICKLED CORN - FOOD52
Reviews 11Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Side
PICKLED CORN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Servings 16Calories 24 per servingTotal Time 15 mins
PICKELED CORN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
5 DELIGHTFUL RECIPES FOR HOW TO PICKLE CORN - TIPS BULLETIN
PICKLED CORN WITH RED ONIONS AND CILANTRO - A SOUTHERN SOUL
PICKLED CORN FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
PICKLED CORN IN A CROCK RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PICKLED CORN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE PICKLED CORN - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
40 FOODS YOU CAN PICKLE - ALLRECIPES
PICKLED CORN RECIPE BY TASTY
PICKLED CORN IN JARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
PICKLED BEANS AND CORN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #canning #side-dishes #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #1-day-or-more #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-in-something #corn #taste-mood #number-of-servings #technique
You'll also love