SOUTHERN PIMIENTO CHEESE SPREAD
A classic southern comfort food, this spread is used as an appetizer with crackers, corn chips or celery. It is also smeared between two slices of white bread for sandwiches and as a topping for hamburgers and hot dogs. -Eileen Balmer, South Bend, Indiana.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine cheese, pimientos and mayonnaise. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 144mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
This is one of my favorite recipes, adapted from Southern Living 2001 Recipes. The original recipe calls for mayonnaise, but I like to mix with Miracle Whip because I like the tangy taste.
Provided by Miss Annie
Yield 4 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the mayonnaise and Miracle whip together.
- Fold in cheeses, onion, and seasonings.
- This will store for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks, covered (if it lasts that long).
- Good for sandwiches, crackers, celery, etc.
PIMIENTO CHEESE SPREAD
- Puree 1/3 cup sliced pimientos (drained) in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 3 cups finely grated sharp cheddar and beat with a mixer until combined. Beat in 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
PIMIENTO CHEESE SPREAD
- Place the drained pimientos in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Using an electric mixer, combine the pimientos and cheese, beating until smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise. Spread on slices of white sandwich bread while the mixture is room temperature. Trim the bread crusts and cut the sandwiches into triangles.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, adobo and black pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until totally combined. Add the Cheddar and Monterey Jack and mix gently until combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are mixed together. Stir in the pimentos and dill, then season with salt.
- Refrigerate the pimento cheese for at least 2 hours before serving with crackers and olives.
SPICY PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and celery seed. Mix in the pickled jalapenos, piquillo peppers and grated Cheddar. Add the Sriracha and combine. Taste and add more mayonnaise and Sriracha, if necessary. Chill before serving.
OLD-FASHIONED PIMIENTO CHEESE SPREAD
Old-fashioned pimiento cheese for old-fashioned times, i.e., summertime family reunions, "supper on the ground," lots of kids, watermelon and home-made ice cream. (At least that's the way it was for us.)
Provided by JC in Texas
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Blend ingredients well and serve on pupernickel or your favorite bread. Change the amounts to your taste. This is was made to be kid-friendly -- and is also a much smaller version than it use to be.
PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
We had it in the fridge all the time from the deli in Virginia. This spread is so delicious, I think that this is a great spread to make for a large group gathering as a snack or appetizer. It has just that slight kick from the cayenne pepper that comes up at deli.
Provided by CHEF GRPA
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Use a meat grinder or the coarse side of a box grater to grate the cheese; for a grinder, use the cutter with large holes. Put the ground or grated cheese in a mixing bowl and add half the juice from the canned pimentos. Dice the pimentos and add them. Add the chopped scallions.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic. Add this to the cheese mixture. Add the Worcestershire, Tabasco, and black pepper and blend well; taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 3. Serve at room temperature as a spread for crisp crackers and raw vegetables or use as a sandwich spread. (Pimento cheese can be tightly sealed and kept for several days in the refrigerator.).
- Notes: I learned to make pimento cheese from a southern friend's mom. She doesn't use Worcestershire or garlic but I think they sound like great additions. I think I'll add this to next weekend's football food! I made it a day ahead of time and I think it tastes even better with a little time to rest before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.1, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 63.5, Sodium 481.6, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.8, Protein 14.6
PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD (MY MOM'S RECIPE)
This is a delicious Pimento Cheese Spread, that my mom has made since I was a kid. You can serve it with crackers, or do what we all do and eat it as a sandwich.
Provided by keen5
Yield 1 bowl of spread
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Grind or mash Velveeta and pimiento.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with crackers or as my family does-- spread on bread as a sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1510.6, Fat 101.6, SaturatedFat 65.4, Cholesterol 376.6, Sodium 6951, Carbohydrate 73.9, Sugar 64.4, Protein 74.4
THE BEST EVER PIMIENTO CHEESE SPREAD
This is a tart pimiento cheese because of the very sharp cheese plus the addition of the vinegar, and the lemon pepper. If you like tangy foods, then this is a very good recipe to try! We have never gone back to store bought pimiento cheese after this recipe. My aunt's mother-in-law invented this spread and we have been eating it for years.
Provided by Juenessa
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring vinegar to a boil in the microwave.
- Add flour to vinegar and stir to make a paste.
- Add softened cream cheese to above mixture and stir thouroughly.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese to above mixture and mix well.
- Grate the cheese with manual cheese grater or in your food proccessor.
- Add cheese into mixture and mix well.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich or on crackers, wheat thins, etc.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.1, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 10.9, Cholesterol 54.7, Sodium 316.5, Carbohydrate 3.3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.9, Protein 10.1
People also searched
More about "pimento cheese spread food"
PIMENTO CHEESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SPICY PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenDifficulty Easy
HOMEMADE PIMENTO CHEESE RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
HOW MANY CALORIES, CARBS AND FAT IN HOMESTYLE PIMENTO CHEESE …
OLD ENGLISH PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
WHAT IS PIMENTO CHEESE? | ALLRECIPES
PIMENTO CHEESE RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SOUTHERN PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
20 PIMIENTO CHEESE RECIPES THAT EVERY SOUTHERNER WILL …
SOUTHERN PIMENTO CHEESE - TEST.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
ROTEL PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD, A CLASSIC RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOMEMADE PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PIMENTO CHEESE TOMATO BAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD | US FOODS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #lunch #eggs-dairy #easy #no-cook #refrigerator #beginner-cook #spreads #cheese #dietary #sandwiches #high-calcium #comfort-food #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is pimento cheese spread comfort food?Pimento cheese spread definitely qualifies as comfort food. Mine is an update with ingredients like good sharp Cheddar, pickled jalapeños, and Sriracha. This recipe is inspired by the pimento cheese from a Brooklyn cheese shop that I love called Stinky (what a great name!). Watch how to make this recipe.
How do you make pimento cheese spread?Grind or mash Velveeta and pimiento. Add other ingredients and mix well. Serve with crackers or as my family does-- spread on bread as a sandwich. "This is a delicious Pimento Cheese Spread, that my mom has made since I was a kid.
What is Pimiento spread?A classic southern comfort food, this spread is used as an appetizer with crackers, corn chips or celery. It is also smeared between two slices of white bread for sandwiches and as a topping for hamburgers and hot dogs. —Eileen Balmer, South Bend, Indiana. Combine cheese, pimientos and mayonnaise. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
What can I do with Pimiento and Velveeta Cheese?ADD YOUR PHOTO Grind or mash Velveeta and pimiento. Add other ingredients and mix well. Serve with crackers or as my family does-- spread on bread as a sandwich. "This is a delicious Pimento Cheese Spread, that my mom has made since I was a kid.