CHICKEN SAUCE PIQUANTE
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in large heavy nonstick pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the salt. In a bowl combine the Essence with 1/2 cup of the flour and stir to combine. Dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour mixture and shake to remove any excess flour. Brown the pieces, in batches if necessary, until golden on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Stir in the onions, bell peppers, celery, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne, and bay leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of the flour and cook, stirring, to cook the flour without browning, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, Worcestershire, and pepper sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pot, increase the heat under the sauce to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fall-from the bone tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- To serve, spoon the rice onto plates, top with the chicken and sauce, and garnish with the green onions and parsley.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
PIQUANT SPAGHETTI WITH PEPPERS, ONION AND TOMATO SAUCE
Provided by Nancy Harmon Jenkins
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or in a flame-proof casserole that will hold all ingredients, including cooked spaghetti, and can go to the table. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soft but not brown.
- Add tomatoes. If using canned tomatoes, break up with a fork. Cook for 3 minutes. Add peppers and basil and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until peppers are almost but not quite tender. Stir in olives and capers, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. When water reboils, add pasta and stir vigorously with a long-handled wooden spoon or fork to separate pasta strands and bring water quickly back to a boil. Cook until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta and turn into the casserole with the sauce. Toss to mix and serve immediately, passing the Parmesan separately if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 438, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 771 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
SHRIMP SAUCE PIQUANT
Piquant is the creole word for "spicy". Adjust your cayenne pepper for heat, we love it HOT!
Provided by mary winecoff
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute onions, bell peppers, 1/2 of the green onions and 1/2 of the parsley in oil until onions are transparent; add tomato paste, tomatoes with chilies, sugar and water and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add shrimp, remaining green onions, parsley, slat and cayenne pepper; continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.7, Fat 20.3, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 294.5, Sodium 770.6, Carbohydrate 20.1, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 8.8, Protein 35.2
People also searched
More about "piquant bell peppers food"
PIQUANTé PEPPER (PEPPADEW) - CAYENNE DIANE
BELL PEPPER - WIKIPEDIA
PIQUANTE BELL PEPPERS - RED HAT CO-OPERATIVE LTD.
RECIPE: TRADITIONAL CAJUN SAUCE PIQUANTE - COUNTRY …
WHAT ARE PEPPADEW PEPPERS? - MARTHA STEWART
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PIQUANT BELL PEPPERS
CATFISH SAUCE PIQUANTE | MEATEATER COOK
THE KITCHN’S GUIDE TO JARRED AND CANNED PEPPERS | KITCHN
PERUVIAN STUFFED PEPPERS (ROCOTO RELLENO) - PIQUANT POST
PICANTE CHICKEN AND PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PEPPER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PEPPADEWS (PIQUANTé PEPPERS): THE PICKLING RECIPE | RECIPEBOOK
PEPPADEW® PEPPERS (SWEET PIQUANTé) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
10 BEST PIQUANTE PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROWING SWEET PIQUANTé PEPPERS – STEP BY STEP GUIDE
PICKLED PIQUANTE PEPPERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love