DRIED CHERRY AND ALMOND BISCOTTI
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Gently mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, fold in the almonds and dried cherries.
- Divide the dough in half and roll the dough into 2 logs. If the dough is sticky, dust with a little flour. Roll the logs to the length of a sheet pan. Beat the egg white with a splash of water. Brush the logs with the egg white and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Transfer to a sheet pan and place at least 3 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven let cool for 10 minutes. Remove logs to a cutting board and slice on the bias about 3/4 inch thick. Lay the biscotti back on the sheet pan and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. This will harden the biscotti. Cool completely on a rack.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Dip each biscotti or pretzel in the chocolate to cover half of each and then dip in the sprinkles or candy cane pieces. Set each piece on the lined cookie sheet to allow the chocolate to harden. Store in a cool place in air-tight containers. Try not to eat them all at the same time.
- Bring a saucepan with 1-inch of water in it to a boil. Put the chocolate in a large metal or heatproof glass mixing bowl and place on top of the saucepan with boiling water. Pay careful attention that the mixing bowl does not touch the surface of the boiling water. Stir the chocolate until it is almost completely melted. Remove it from the saucepan and continue stir until the chocolate is completely melted. This entire process should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes.
PISTACHIO AND DRIED-CHERRY BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine first 6 ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; beat until combined. Fold in cherries and pistachios.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Using floured hands, shape each dough half into a 16"-long log. Brush off excess flour; transfer logs to prepared sheet, spaced 5" apart. Flatten each log into a 2"-wide strip. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until browned and set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack; let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 250°F and arrange 1 rack in top third of oven and 1 rack in bottom third.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer biscotti to a work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut each strip diagonally into 1/3"-thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheets. Bake biscotti, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until crisp, about 40 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to racks; let cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and the sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating each egg fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low, stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in the dried cherries and pistachios. Cut the dough in half and place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Shape into 2 logs, each about 12 inches long.
- Bake until just starting to brown at the edges, about 20 minutes. Cut each log on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Place the slices back on the baking sheet. Bake on the first side for 5 minutes. Remove, turn the biscotti over to the second side and bake until the biscotti are crisp, an additional 5 minutes. Let cool.
CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
To make ahead, let the biscotti cool completely and store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 25 to 30 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, gradually add the 2 whole eggs, the egg yolk (reserve the egg white), and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry mixture to the butter-sugar mixture, mixing only until combined. Scrape down the bowl and beater and make sure all the ingredients are combined. Stir in the pistachios and cherries.
- Roll the dough into a ball on a well-floured board and cut in half. With floured hands, roll each piece into a cylinder about 11 inches long by 2 inches in diameter and place them 3 inches apart on the prepared sheet pan.
- Place the reserved egg white in a bowl and beat with a whisk for 15 seconds. Brush the logs with the egg white (save the rest!) and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar. Bake for 45 minutes, until lightly browned (the logs will be soft). Cool for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 275 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. With a serrated knife, slice the biscotti 1/2 inch thick at a full 45-degree angle. Place the slices cut-side up on the prepared sheet pans. Brush them with the egg white and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, turning each slice once, until browned and fully baked. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. In a food processor, process flour, sugar, lime peel and baking powder until blended.
- Add butter and cherries.
- Pulse until cherries are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon off and reserve 1 tablespoon of beaten eggs.
- Add remaining eggs and pistachios and pulse until dough is evenly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto on a well-floured surface.(Dough will be sticky). Divide dough in 1/4s.
- With hands, roll each portion into a 9" log.
- Place logs crosswise 3" apart on prepared baking sheet. Press logs to flatten to 2" wide. Brush with reserved egg.
- Bake 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 10 min.
- Loosen with a spatula and remove to a cutting board.
- Let cool 10 min. longer.
- Using a large heavy knife, cut each log diagonally in 1/2" thick slices.
- Arrange slices upright on clean cookie sheet (no need to grease sheet). Bake 14-16 min.
- longer until crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool (cookies will get even more crisp). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
People also searched
More about "pistachio and dried cherry biscotti food"
PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH KIRSCH-SOAKED CHERRIES | FOOD & STYLE
DRIED CHERRY PISTACHIO AND LEMON BISCOTTI
DRIED CHERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - FRIENDS FOOD FAMILY
DRIED CHERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI – TASTEFOOD
PISTACHIO AND DRIED CHERRY BISCOTTI - BLACK DOG :: FOOD …
PISTACHIO AND DRIED CHERRY BISCOTTI | BON APPETIT
PISTACHIO-CRANBERRY BISCOTTI RECIPE - LOU SEIBERT PAPPAS | FOOD
BISCOTTI COOKIE RECIPE WITH DRIED CHERRIES, RAISINS, & PISTACHIOS
CHERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH KIRSCH-SOAKED DRIED CHERRIES
PISTACHIO AND DRIED-CHERRY BISCOTTI - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
DRIED CHERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
DRIED SOUR CHERRY AND PISTACCHIO BISCOTTI | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
PISTACHIO AND DRIED-CHERRY BISCOTTI | RECIPE | DRIED CHERRIES, CHERRY ...
CHERRY-PISTACHIO BISCOTTI RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook dried cherries and pistachios together?Golden-green, mildly salty pistachios and deep red, sweet and tangy dried cherries complement one another beautifully, both in color, and flavor. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) one large (about 18" x 13") baking sheet.
How to bake pistachios in the oven?Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios in a pie plate and bake until golden, about 6 minutes; let cool. Turn the oven down to 325°. Advertisement Step 2 In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
Can you make pistachio biscotti ahead of time?Cherry Pistachio Biscotti. To make ahead, let the biscotti cool completely and store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
How do you make a pistachio cake mix?In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low, stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in the dried cherries and pistachios.