- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
- Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 13.1 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 514.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Core the tomatoes and halve them crosswise, then squeeze the juices and seeds into a large bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula but don't toss; set aside. Dice the tomatoes and toss in a separate bowl with the olives and rosemary.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the onion rounds with olive oil and season with salt. Grill until soft, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and separate the rings. Reduce the grill heat to medium.
- Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil and grill until marked, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Top with some of the tomato-olive mixture, ricotta, mozzarella and onion. Cover and grill until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the arugula with the dressing and pile on top of the pitas. Season with salt and the red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
EASY PITA BREAD PIZZA
I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian grocery, but I'm sure regular will work. Note: I edited this recipe by making more exact ingredient amounts, sorry about the previous vagueness, I posted this recipe back when I was just 10 or 11. :)
Provided by Sweet Chef
Yield 1 mini pizza, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brush on a little olive oil on the pita.
- Spread sauce on top of the pita.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary).
- Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 22.1, Sodium 497.2, Carbohydrate 34, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.1, Protein 11.7
Great little pizzas. Use this basic recipe and add, remove, modify with your favorite ingredients. Great for low-fat diets when you're craving some 'zaah!
Provided by Devon S
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread pasta sauce evenly over both pitas.
- Sprinkle with onion, green pepper and ham.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place on a cookie sheet or baking stone and bake for 10 minutes (or until cheese starts to brown).
QUICK PITTA PIZZAS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside to heat up. Spread each pitta with 1 tsp purée. Top with the tomatoes, shallot, chorizo and cheddar.
- Place on the hot sheet and bake for 10 mins until the pittas are crisp, the cheese has melted and the chorizo has frazzled edges. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 61 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, Sodium 3.56 milligram of sodium
BREAKFAST PITA PIZZA
This simple dish is both delicious and easy to make. You can also top this with your favorite homemade or store-bought salsa. I found this recipe in an AARP email. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it sounds delicious.
Provided by Crafty Lady 13
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or until the pepper begins to soften.
- Add eggs and gently scramble until just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler or toaster oven.
- Divide the egg mixture between the pita halves.
- Top each pita with half the cheese and half the pancetta or bacon.
- Toast in toaster oven or under a broiler until the cheese just begins to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.4, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 189, Sodium 856.2, Carbohydrate 26.6, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 2.9, Protein 14
People also searched
More about "pita pizza food"
FUN FLATBREAD PIZZA - CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE
PITA – MEDITERRANEAN STREET FOOD – PITA IS A FAST-CASUAL …
15 HEALTHY PITA PIZZA RECIPES THAT WILL SATISFY ALL YOUR …
HOME - PITA PITA
HEALTHY FOOD RESTAURANTS | PITA PIT
EASY PITA PIZZA RECIPE (WITH 8 VARIATIONS) | THE PICKY EATER
PITA PIZZA - ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES
19 MILLI'S PITA PIZZA FOOD PICTURES IDEAS | MOUTH WATERING FOOD, …
BEST GREEK PITA PIZZA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BEST PITA PIZZA ROUNDS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PITA PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PITA PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PITA PIZZAS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
EASY PITA PIZZAS | CANADIAN LIVING
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #easy #beginner-cook #pizza #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a pizza Pita?DIRECTIONS Brush on a little olive oil on the pita. Spread sauce on top of the pita. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like. Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary). Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!
What is a pita?Pita is the exceptional destination for fresh, delicious, and authentic Mediterranean. We share our passion in our cuisines, and our care in service for others, with every Pita served. We believe in offering good food at an affordable price, quick service pace, and topping it off with a smile for every customer.
How do you cook pita bread with cheese?DIRECTIONS Brush on a little olive oil on the pita. Spread sauce on top of the pita. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like. Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary).
What do you put on pita bread?Nutrition 1. pita bread 2. tablespoons spaghetti or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce 1⁄ 4. cup mozzarella cheese, shredded spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder) or dried herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder) olive oil (optional)