- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
- Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 13.1 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 514.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
"This recipe is great when time is of the essence and you're craving Mexican-style food," "Purchased pita bread makes an easy crust for ground beef, refried beans, salsa and cheese."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with beef, salsa and cheese. , Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 1024mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY PITA BREAD PIZZA
I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian grocery, but I'm sure regular will work. Note: I edited this recipe by making more exact ingredient amounts, sorry about the previous vagueness, I posted this recipe back when I was just 10 or 11. :)
Provided by Sweet Chef
Yield 1 mini pizza, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brush on a little olive oil on the pita.
- Spread sauce on top of the pita.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary).
- Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 22.1, Sodium 497.2, Carbohydrate 34, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.1, Protein 11.7
Great little pizzas. Use this basic recipe and add, remove, modify with your favorite ingredients. Great for low-fat diets when you're craving some 'zaah!
Provided by Devon S
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread pasta sauce evenly over both pitas.
- Sprinkle with onion, green pepper and ham.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place on a cookie sheet or baking stone and bake for 10 minutes (or until cheese starts to brown).
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Core the tomatoes and halve them crosswise, then squeeze the juices and seeds into a large bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula but don't toss; set aside. Dice the tomatoes and toss in a separate bowl with the olives and rosemary.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the onion rounds with olive oil and season with salt. Grill until soft, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and separate the rings. Reduce the grill heat to medium.
- Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil and grill until marked, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Top with some of the tomato-olive mixture, ricotta, mozzarella and onion. Cover and grill until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the arugula with the dressing and pile on top of the pitas. Season with salt and the red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
QUICK PITTA PIZZAS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside to heat up. Spread each pitta with 1 tsp purée. Top with the tomatoes, shallot, chorizo and cheddar.
- Place on the hot sheet and bake for 10 mins until the pittas are crisp, the cheese has melted and the chorizo has frazzled edges. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 61 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, Sodium 3.56 milligram of sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the tomato sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion and garlic are browned, about 4 minutes. Add the dried oregano, dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes, bay leaf, chopped tomatoes, and tomato paste. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is thick, about 35 minutes.
- Assemble the pizzas: Arrange pita breads on two baking sheets. Spread about 6 tablespoons tomato sauce on each. Scatter strips of yellow bell pepper on top, and then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Transfer the baking sheets to the oven, and bake the pizzas until the peppers begin to wilt and the mozzarella has melted, about 20 minutes. Remove the pizzas from the oven, and transfer to a cutting board. Sprinkle with basil, andcut each pita pizza into 12 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 24 g, Cholesterol 1 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 44 g
People also searched
More about "pita pizza food"
PITA PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (19)Total Time 15 minsCategory High In...Calories 356 per serving
PITA PIZZA, 526 MAIN STREET EAST, HAMILTON STINSON - PITA PIZZA FOOD …
FUN FLATBREAD PIZZA - CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE
PITA PIZZA - ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES
HEALTHY FOOD RESTAURANTS | PITA PIT
BEST PITA PIZZA ROUNDS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY PITA PIZZA RECIPE (WITH 8 VARIATIONS) | THE PICKY EATER
PIZZA PITA PRIME
HEALTHY PITA PIZZA - FOOD MEANDERINGS
15 HEALTHY PITA PIZZA RECIPES THAT WILL SATISFY ALL YOUR …
ORDER PITA PIZZA DELIVERY ONLINE | HAMILTON - UBER EATS
EASY PITA PIZZAS | CANADIAN LIVING
PITA PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #easy #beginner-cook #pizza #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a pizza Pita?DIRECTIONS Brush on a little olive oil on the pita. Spread sauce on top of the pita. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like. Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary). Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!
What is a pita pizza made of?Pita Pizza. Whole-wheat pita bread forms the crust for these pizza wedges topped with fresh basil, yellow pepper, mozzarella, and homemade tomato sauce.
How many pita breads are in a large pita sandwich?Include one pita bread. Include one pita bread. Medium (cheese and 3 toppings), 1 lb wings, 2 cans, and 1 dip. Large (cheese and 3 toppings), 1 lb wings, 2 cans, and 1 dip. Extra Large (cheese and 3 toppings), 1 lb wings, 2 cans, and 1 dip.
What do you put on pita bread?Nutrition 1. pita bread 2. tablespoons spaghetti or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce 1⁄ 4. cup mozzarella cheese, shredded spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder) or dried herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder) olive oil (optional)