KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT SHEET PAN DINNER
Make a whole dinner on one sheet pan in a matter of minutes with this simple, satisfying recipe.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn up four edges of a large piece of foil to make a rectangular tray (about 12 by 5 inches) for the sauerkraut; set aside
- On one side of the baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper; spread the potatoes into an even layer. Place the kielbasa on the other side of the baking sheet, leaving an empty place in the center for the foil tray. Brush the kielbasa with the remaining olive oil. Roast until the kielbasa begins to brown in spots and the potatoes are almost completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the sauerkraut with the caraway seeds and spread into an even layer in the prepared foil baking tray. Place the foil tray in the center of the baking sheet. Roast until the potatoes are completely tender and browned, the sauerkraut is warmed through and the kielbasa is browned in spots, 15 minutes more. Divide sausage and vegetables between two plates and enjoy.
SAUERKRAUT WITH POLISH SAUSAGE
This is our favorite sausage and sauerkraut dish ever. It's very filling and smells wonderful while it's cooking. From the Orbit Restaurant (Polish) in Chicago.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Place bacon, onion and carrot in heavy large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute until onion is tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from sauerkraut.
- Add sauerkraut to Dutch oven.
- Add wine, stock, caraway seeds and juniper berries.
- Bring to simmer.
- Cover tightly, place in oven and bake 1 hour.
- Add kielbasa to Dutch oven, pushing into sauerkraut.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring frequently).
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
- In 4 or 5-quart sauce pot, cook sliced kielbasa and onion over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stirring frequently or until browned.
- Add apples and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in sauerkraut, chicken broth and caraway seeds.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender and flavors blended.
GRANDPA'S SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA
I grew up asking for sauerkraut instead of candy as a child, and my grandfather always made it for me. This is my version of what he would make.
Provided by Twitterpated
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.
KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brown kielbasa on grill or in pan. Combine sauerkraut, kielbasa, apples and caraway seeds, if using, and enough beer to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with bread.
KILLER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT ON KAISERS
This is a really easy, but quite tasty sandwich with polska kielbasa that you can grill or cook on the stovetop. If you need a quick and casual lunch or dinner fast, this'll work. Best served with a huge glass of icy-cold milk!
Provided by Sandi From CA
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then stir in partially-drained sauerkraut, caraway seeds and salt and pepper. Stir periodically and when kraut begins to very lightly brown, turn heat to very low, but stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat second skillet over medium heat with about a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Slice kielbasas lengthwise, but not all the way through (butterflied). Lay open side down into skillet and cook until desired brownness (We like 'em CHARCOALY!) then flip and repeat. Drain on paper towels.
- Slice kaiser rolls, if they're not already, either in half lengthwise or butterflied. Broil for 1-2 minutes, open-faced, until toasted.
- Spread divided mustard over kaiser rolls. Plop some sauerkraut on each sandwich and add a kielbasa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 798.2, Fat 50.8, SaturatedFat 18.3, Cholesterol 172.1, Sodium 4475.3, Carbohydrate 49.8, Fiber 8, Sugar 4.9, Protein 37.8
People also searched
More about "polish kielbasa and sauerkraut food"
KIEłBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (GREAT RECIPE!) | POLONIST
4.8/5 (26)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Polish Main CoursesCalories 273 per serving
- Have a little taste of the sauerkraut. If it’s too sour, use a colander and rinse it in cold water, then drain it.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT ON THE STOVE - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
POLISH KRAUT RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
GRANDMA'S KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT — MOTHERS-FOR-MOTHERS
15 TRADITIONAL POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
POLISH SAUERKRAUT AND SAUSAGE | KIELBASA | POLISH RECIPE
HOW TO COOK POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES
RECIPE THE ORIGINAL KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - FOOD NEWS
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - POLISH SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT
BEST SIDE DISHES FOR KIELBASA - POLISH FOODIES
36-OZ. PACKAGES CONTAINING THREE 12 OZ. INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED …
10 BEST POLISH KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook kielbasa and sauerkraut?This kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is a Polish classic that is so simple to make. All it requires is one pan and makes for the perfect weeknight dinner! In a deep skillet over medium, sauté the kielbasa in the butter until golden brown. Remove the sausage and set it aside.
Is there a traditional Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe?Since one of my closest friend is actually Polish, I asked her to find me a traditional Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe. She took the notes from her granny and shared them with me. And I am very happy to share this homemade Polish sauerkraut recipe with you: Cut sauerkraut into smaller pieces.
How to cook Polish kielbasa in a pan?Slice kielbasa in 1/2 inch pieces. Prepare vegetables by slicing the onion and mincing the garlic. Heat a skillet over medium heat, and melt the butter and olive oil. Once the pan is heated, add the kielbasa and saute it for 7-9 minutes, until the pieces have browned and are cooked through. Remove the Polish kielbasa from the pan and set it aside.
How do you make apple kielbasa sauce?In 4 or 5-quart sauce pot, cook sliced kielbasa and onion over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stirring frequently or until browned. Add apples and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute. Stir in sauerkraut, chicken broth and caraway seeds. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender and flavors blended.