Impress dinner guests with a serving of Duchess potatoes. Made with eggs, butter and cheese and piped into swirls, they make an indulgent side dish
Provided by Katie Hiscock
Categories Side dish
Yield Makes 20 (serves 4-5)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 mins until really tender when pressed into the side of the pan. Drain well and leave to steam-dry in the pan for 2 mins. Mash the potatoes until very smooth - use a ricer if you have one, or use a masher, then press the potatoes through a metal sieve to ensure they're completely lump-free.
- Mix the egg yolk, butter and cheese in a large bowl, then add the mash, nutmeg and some seasoning. Mix well with a spatula until the butter has melted and is well incorporated. It will come away from the sides of the bowl, similar to choux pastry.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Spoon the mash into a piping bag with a wide star nozzle. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and brush over a little vegetable oil. Pipe 20 walnut-sized peaked mounds onto the prepared tray, as if you were icing a cupcake. Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt and brush the potato mounds gently, to keep the fluting.
- Bake the potatoes for 15-20 mins until golden-brown and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
So simple and so good. If you like mashed potatoes, you'll like this. A good side dish for so many dishes.
Provided by Bellinda
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in slightly salted water until soft. Then drain and press them.
- Mix in the egg,salt and the butter.
- Fill into a plastic storage bag wtih one corner cut off (or use a fancy pastry bag) and pipe onto a lined greased baking tray. Make any shape you want. I usually make 'S' shapes or circles.
- Mix egg yolk and milk and brush onto your potatoes.
- Bake at 450° oven for 10-12 minutes.
POMMES DUCHESSE GRATIN
Categories Dairy Egg Garlic Potato Side Bake Christmas New Year's Eve Fall Winter Gourmet Sugar Conscious Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick each potato a few times, then bake in a shallow baking pan until tender, about 1 hour.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, halve and scoop out flesh. Force flesh through ricer or food mill into a bowl.
- Heat cream with butter and garlic in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat until hot, then stir into potatoes. Beat in eggs 1 at a time with a fork until blended, then stir in salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Spoon mixture into a buttered 2-quart (10-inch) round or oval shallow gratin or casserole dish. Bake until top is puffed and golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
People also searched
More about "pommes duchesse food"
POMMES DUCHESSE RECIPE | GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN | FOOD …
Reviews 11Difficulty IntermediateCategory Side-DishSteps 5
- In a large pot, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then press through a ricer or food mill back into the pot they were cooked in. Place over low heat for a few minutes to dry the potatoes.
- Heat the cream and 1/2 stick of the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the butter melts and the cream is warm but not hot. Stir the mixture into the potatoes. Mix in the egg yolks and season with salt and pepper. Add cheese and nutmeg if desired.
DUCHESS POTATOES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (9)Calories 288 per serving
POMMES DUCHESSE (DUCHESS POTATOES) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 293 per serving
POMMES DUCHESSE (FRENCH PIPED POTATOES) | SAVEUR
POMMES DUCHESSE RECIPE - SOUTHERN KISSED
RECETTE DE POMMES DUCHESSE - JOURNAL DES FEMMES …
COMTé POMMES DUCHESSE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
POMMES DUCHESSE MAISON : RECETTE DE POMMES DUCHESSE MAISON
RECETTES DES POMMES DUCHESSE - 750G - YOUTUBE
PREMIER FROZEN POTATO & FRIES COMPANY | LAMB WESTON | LAMB …
TENDERLOIN ROAST WITH POMMES DUCHESSE - MORE.CTV.CA
DUCHESS POTATOES (POMMES DE TERRE DUCHESSE) - CHEF'S …
ST. LOUIS FOOD: 12 DELICIOUS DISHES TO TRY IN ST. LOUIS - EVERYDAY …
LA MARMOTTE RESTAURANT - TELLURIDE, CO | OPENTABLE
RECIPE FOR DUCHESS POTATOES (POMMES DUCHESSE) | FOOD
POTATOES, DUCHESS (POMMES DUCHESSE) - SWEDISH FOOD …
RECETTE - POMMES DUCHESSE MAISON EN VIDéO - 750G.COM
DRINK OF THE WEEK: DUCHESSE DE BOURGOGNE, BRASSERIE BY NICHE
POMMES DE TERRE DUCHESSE | MORDU - RADIO-CANADA.CA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #french #german #easy #european #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something
You'll also love