SLOW COOKER PORK CACCIATORE
A wonderful Italian neighbor showed me how to make this recipe after I commented on how good it made the neighborhood smell when she had her windows open when she made it. This American-Italian term refers to food prepared 'hunter-style,' with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, various herbs, and sometimes wine. I found adding cheese gave it something special, it also made it mine.
Provided by Sneakyteaky
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, brown chops over medium-high heat. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In the same pan, cook onion in oil over medium heat until browned. Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper, and cook until these vegetables are soft. Mix in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine. Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic. Pour over pork chops in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours. To serve, place a slice of cheese over each chop, and cover with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 614 calories, Carbohydrate 41.8 g, Cholesterol 82.4 mg, Fat 31 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 34.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 1484.7 mg, Sugar 25.6 g
PORK CHOP CACCIATORE
It's hard to believe the wonderful flavor of these tender chops could come from such an easy recipe! Our taste panel loved it. Pair with noodles and a simple green salad, and dinner's served. Tracy Hiatt Grice - Somerset, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4-or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, basil and remaining salt; pour over chops., Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until pork is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 458mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORK LOIN CHOPS CACCIATORE STYLE
I found this on a supermarket leaflet. The original recipe used lamb chops-I changed that to pork. The sauce is enough for 4 servings according to the original recipe, but we love lots of sauce over pasta.
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes or until translucent; add the garlic and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, stock, wine, and olives, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the chops and season them. Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan and sear the chops for 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
- Add the chops to the tomato sauce pan and continue to cook a further 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Scatter with torn basil leaves to serve.
- Sprinkle pork cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy frypan (cast iron) heat olive oil.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add to the pan, onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stirring until onions are soft about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and remaining ingredients, stir well, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.4, Fat 24.3, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 76, Sodium 234.6, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 2.8, Protein 24.9
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook pork pieces until no longer pink on outside, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in pasta sauce and wine. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until pork is tender and sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta, breadsticks and green salad.
People also searched
More about "pork cacciatore food"
BONELESS PORK CACCIATORE | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CAST-IRON PORK CACCIATORE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
SKILLET PORK CACCIATORE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Calories 94 per servingCategory Main Course
- Cut the pork into one inch pieces. In a large skillet over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brown the pork until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, and sauté until tender. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning and combine.
PORK CHOP CACCIATORE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.2/5 (21)Servings 2-4
PORK CACCIATORE WITH TOMATOES & FREGOLA SARDA PASTA
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB PORK CACCIATORE | CARNALDISH
PORK CACCIATORE | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
PORK CHOP CACCIATORE WITH ROSEMARY POTATOES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
PORK CHOP CACCIATORE RECIPE - HOME CHEF
CACCIATORE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOP CACCIATORE - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
PORK CACCIATORE | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
DELICIOUS PORK CHOP RECIPES THAT'LL PLEASE THE WHOLE FAMILY
PORC CACCIATORE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pork #european #kid-friendly #italian #dietary #meat
You'll also love