CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil an oven-proof pan large enough to fit the tenderloin over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and mustard. Transfer to a bowl and season with pepper.
- Place tenderloin on a flat work surface. Slice horizontally through the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Open the 2 sides and spread them out like an open book. Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness. Trim any extra pieces so the tenderloin is rectangular.
- Chop the pork trimmings finely and add to the onion mixture. Spread onion mixture onto pork. Lay ham slices over it and sprinkle Gruyere cheese on top. Roll tenderloin up along the long side. Tie with cotton kitchen string. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Sear tenderloin in the hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan to the preheated oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the tenderloin reads 145 degrees F (71 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 115.2 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 653.4 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
CUBAN PORK TENDERLOINS
The marinade from this is wonderful and produces very moist flavorful tenderloins, they can be grilled as well. Plan ahead they need to marinate for 24 hours. This marinade is enough for up to four tenderloins.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl whisk together first 11 ingredients and transfer to a large heavy ziploc plastic bag, add in the tenderlons to the marinade; close bag tightly and turn to coat.
- Place the bag in a large bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer the tenderloins to a baking dish and discard the marinade.
- Cook for about 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN
This recipes produces a delicious pork tenderloin and I highly recommend using the optional rum. It makes a beautiful presentation on a platter garnished with orange slices. Prep time is the time to marinate the tenderloins.
Provided by Dreamgoddess
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse the tenderloins, pat dry and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the tenderloins.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade; place the tenderloins in a foil lined baking pan.
- Roast the tenderloins at 350 degrees until a meat thermometer registers 150 degrees, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Let the pork rest 5-10 minutes before slicing in 1/2" slices to serve.
CUBAN STYLE PORK TENDERLOIN SANDWICHES AND FRIED PLANTAINS
Put The Buena Vista Social Club on the stereo and invite over a few friends to make a weeknight trip to Cuba! Put on your best cabana shirts and keep a limbo pole on hand!
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield Up to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat tenderloins with oil. Combine onion, garlic, citrus zest, salt, pepper and dried oregano in a pile on your cutting board. Pack this coating equally and evenly onto the tenderloins. Heat a large skillet. Add a drizzle of oil and sear tenderloin on all sides. Then place in hot oven to roast 20 to 25 minutes. Wash hands.
- Brush rolls with a little warm water and sprinkle the tops of the rolls with 1/2 teaspoon sugar each. Pile rolls on a baking sheet and place in oven with meat for 5 minutes to crust rolls and set sugar. Authentic Cuban rolls used for this sandwich are sweet. This sugar wash process gives a similar effect to store bought rolls. When rolls come out of oven, split and pile on serving plate.
- Preheat a stovetop griddle over medium high heat.
- Heat 1/4 cup corn oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Peel plantains and cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then slice each 1/2 into thirds on an angle. Arrange plantains in pan in a single layer and cook until crisp, continuously flipping for even browning. Remove from skillet to paper towel lined plate and season with fine salt.
- To assemble sandwiches: Thinly slice meat on an angle. Place ham and Swiss cheese on a serving plate, separating and fluffing up the shaved meat and cheese. Assemble sandwiches with desired fillings and place on a hot, buttered griddle. Use a heavy pan to press the sandwiches together. Toast until golden brown, then flip and toast the other side.
- Combine chopped pickles, sweet red pepper relish and scallions in a small bowl.
- Spread the relish on the tops of the rolls and pork slices, ham, and swiss cheese on the bottoms. Press the sandwiches together. Put about 1 tablespoon of butter on the hot griddle and spread to coat. Put 2 sandwiches at a time on the griddle, and top with a heavy cast-iron skillet. Toast sandwiches on the griddle, turning once, until golden, hot, and cheese is melted, 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with a few slices of plantains per person as a side dish. Frozen Mojitos Slushes make a great drink or dessert.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 pint sorbet or 1/2 can of lime aid with 4 shots of rum, 1/4 cup mint leaves and 1/2 tray of ice. Pulse, then blend on high until lime-mint slush is smooth. Pour drinks into 2 large cocktail glasses using a long handled spoon and repeat with remaining ingredients.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine the pork, chicken stock, onion and bay leaves in a pressure cooker. Cook on medium heat according to pot instructions for 35 minutes. Follow instructions for release and shred pork the pork. Set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, water, chili flakes, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Add the cucumber, toss to combine and let sit for 15 minutes. Scoop out the pickled cucumbers.
- Build the sandwiches: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread mustard on both cut sides of a loaf of bread, top each side with a quarter of the pickled cucumbers. Layer a quarter each of the cheese, onion, ham and pork on the bottom of the loaf and sandwich with the top. Build the remaining sandwiches with the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts. Serve!
CUBAN PORK TENDERLOIN
Made with fresh citrus and spice, this delicious Cuban Pork Tenderloin is perfect with a zesty rice and black bean salad.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Using thin knife, trim silver skin from tenderloin. Mix orange juice, grapefruit juice, cilantro, cumin, oregano, garlic, salt, and hot pepper in gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag. Add pork, close, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Meanwhile, make Rice and Black Bean Salad.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400°F. For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15-20 minutes.
- Lightly oil cooking grate. Remove pork from marinade, drain briefly, but do not scrape off solids. Place on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned and instant-read thermometer inserted in center of pork reads 145°F, about 20-27 minutes. Transfer to carving board and let stand 3-5 minutes. Cut on slight diagonal and serve with rice and black bean salad.
- Rice and Black Bean Salad:
- To make salad, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice and cook (like pasta) until tender, about 16 minutes. Drain in wire sieve, rinse under cold water, and let cool.
- In medium bowl, whisk orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 tablespoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Whisk in oil. Add cooled rice, black beans, scallions and cilantro, and mix. Let stand at room temperature for up to 4 hours. (If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving, or rice will be hard.)
PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO
I love Cuban cuisine for its blend of Spanish, African and Carribbean cooking styles and flavors. This is one of those recipes that requires simple preparation the night before and then goes on the grill or in the oven for a quick but delicious meal. From "Home Cooking with the Uncommon Gourmet" by Ellen Helman.
Provided by Acerast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the pork in a non-reactive container or plastic bag.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, molasses, orange juice, lime juice, and rum.
- Pour the marinade over the pork, coating all surfaces.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours and as much as overnight.
- Return to room temperature before cooking.
- Grill method: Grill the tenderloins over hot coals, 4 inches from the heat source, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, basting with the reserved marinade.
- Oven method: Roast the pork in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes; then slice into 3/4 inch thick rounds and serve.
STUFFED CUBAN PORK TENDERLOIN
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin two-thirds through the meat.
- Open halves, laying tenderloin flat.
- Place tenderloin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet, or heavy skillet.
- Spread Dijon mustard evenly over pork; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Arrange Swiss cheese slices and bread and butter pickles over pork in a single layer.
- Roll up, starting with the long side, and secure pork at 1 inch intervals with twine.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork on a grill coated with cooking spray,.
- Grill for 22 minutes, or until a thermometer reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit internally, turning after 11 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 12 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.5, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 87.4, Sodium 556.8, Carbohydrate 5.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 28.1
PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO
- Mix first 10 ingredients in large resealable plastic bag. Add pork to marinade. Close bag and turn pork to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning pork once.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Transfer pork to baking pan; discard marinade. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 150°F, about 25 minutes. Let pork stand 5 minutes. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange on platter. Garnish with orange slices and cilantro sprigs and serve.
People also searched
More about "pork tenderloin cubano food"
RECIPES FOR PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO - COOKTIME24.COM
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN - FOODNFOCUS.COM
CUBANO STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN - THE CRAFTY DECORATOR
PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CUBANO PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO WITH MANGO MOJO RECIPE
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #pork #caribbean #barbecue #central-american #low-fat #cuban #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #equipment #grilling #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love