- Cook's Note: To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely before using.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan or a high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper, salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 5 minutes. Make a space in the center of the vegetables and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, until coated with oil, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until all of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer until all of the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Keep covered and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the arugula, almonds, mint, cucumber and lemon zest and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse quinoa in a bowl in at least 5 changes of water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off water, until water runs clear. Drain in a fine sieve.
- Cook onion, celery, carrot, and fennel in butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add quinoa and sauté over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water and salt and pepper to taste and cook over moderately low heat, covered, until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
FENNEL-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH QUINOA
Pile this colourful vegetable quinoa salad onto a plate, top with roasted cauliflower and drizzle over the garlic yogurt for a healthy, gluten-free dinner
Provided by Melissa Thompson - Journalist and food writer
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the cauliflower for 5 mins. Drain and spread out on a surface so any excess water evaporates.
- Crush the fennel and coriander seeds using a pestle and mortar and mix with the paprika and a pinch of seasoning Put the cauliflower in a large bowl, drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle over the spice mix. Toss the florets to fully coat them.
- Tip the florets onto a baking tray and space them apart. Put the red onions, peppers and courgettes on a separate baking tray, drizzle with the remaining oil, and cook both for 30-35 mins, turning halfway through so they brown all over and turn slightly crisp in places.
- Mix the garlic with lemon juice and stir through the yogurt, adding a little extra water to loosen if needed. Stir the roasted onions, peppers and courgettes into the cooked quinoa along with the lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Pile the quinoa salad onto a plate, then top with the cauliflower florets. Drizzle over the garlic yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
VEGETABLE QUINOA PILAF
- Rinse quinoa with cold water according to the directions on the package; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, peppers, carrots, and celery. Cook for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Combine vegetable mixture and quinoa. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
People also searched
More about "quinoa fennel pilaf food"
QUINOA PILAF RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4.9/5 (12)Total Time 45 minsCategory Lunch, Side DishCalories 314 per serving
- Add broth, carrot, & celery. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
QUINOA, FENNEL AND SAUSAGE PILAF - RECIPES | CAULDRON …
QUINOA PILAF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
QUINOA-CRANBERRY PILAF - SAVOR THE BEST
QUINOA-FENNEL PILAF RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
Servings 8Total Time 55 mins
QUINOA, FENNEL, AND POMEGRANATE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
QUINOA AND LENTIL PILAF - UNLOCK FOOD
FENNEL QUINOA PILAF CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS | MYFITNESSPAL ...
QUINOA, FENNEL AND SAUSAGE PILAF - RECIPES | CAULDRON FOODS
ONE-POT KALE & QUINOA PILAF RECIPE ON FOOD52
QUINOA PILAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
QUINOA PILAF - JAMIE GELLER
QUINOA FENNEL PILAF - GRAIL SPRINGS
ORANGE BALSAMIC ROAST BEEF AND FENNEL WITH QUINOA PILAF
QUINOA & FENNEL PILAFF – BRIGHTON AND HOVE FOOD PARTNERSHIP
HEALTHY RECIPES: QUINOA-FENNEL PILAF RECIPE
You'll also love